101 Ethereal Girl Names with Enchanting Meanings
Find the perfect ethereal girl name for your baby girl! Our list of ethereal names for girls transports you to a dreamy world of beauty and grace.
By Heidi Butler
Updated June 12, 2023
Delicate, graceful, and celestial. Ethereal baby names are a beautiful choice for a little girl.
Ethereal is defined as “not earthly” or “heavenly.” Ethereal names bring to mind images of fairies, angels, and other mythical creatures that are not of this world.
Giving off an ethereal essence is often associated with feeling “very light” and “airy.” Ethereal girls give off feelings of floating through life and often their ethereal beauty invokes a sense of otherworldly magic.
If you want ideas for ethereal girl names that will captivate everyone who hears them, you can find inspiration from this list of over 100 ethereal baby girl names with unique meanings.
Most Beautiful Ethereal Girl Names with Meanings
- Adelaide - This is a German name that means “noble kind."
- Adeline - Another German epithet meaning “noble kind."
- Aisling - Of Irish origins, this name means “dream” or “vision."
- Alette - A Greek name meaning “beautifully dressed."
- Alma - This is a Latin name meaning “soul” or “nourishing."
- Anwen - A Welsh name meaning “very fair."
- Aria - This is a Hebrew and German name meaning “like a beautiful melody” or “melody”, respectively.
- Ariana - A similar title, this name also has Hebrew origins meaning “like a beautiful melody” along with Greek origins meaning “holy."
- Aubrey - Of German origins, this name means “elf rule” or “elf ruler."
- Calla - A Greek name that means “most beautiful."
- Calliope - This is a Greek name that means “beautiful voice."
- Callista - Another Greek title, this epithet means “most beautiful”, “pretty”, and “bright-eyed."
- Caspian - While this has historically been a baby boy name, more baby girl’s are taking on this now gender-neutral title. It has Arabic origins and means “white."
- Cassiopeia - This Greek name means “clever."
- Celeste - Of Greek origins, this name means “most beautiful." However, in Latin, this title means “heavenly."
- Celia - Of Latin origins, this name means “heavenly." This is also a Greek name that means “moon” or “lark."
- Cordelia - This is an Irish name that means “daughter of the sea” and a Latin name meaning “rope maker."
- Cressida - A Greek name that means “gold."
- Danae - This is an English name that means “bright as day."
- Della - Another German name that means “noble kind."
- Delyth - Of Welsh origins, this title translates to “pretty” and “neat."
- Eliana - A Greek name meaning “mercy."
- Ella - This is a name of both Old German and English origins, that means “all” or “fairy maiden."
- Emelia - Of Latin origins, this name means “eager."
- Emery - This is a Latin epithet that means “loving."
- Emmie - Another Latin name meaning “eager” and a German name meaning “all-embracing."
- Eva - Of Hebrew origins, this name means “life."
- Everly - An English moniker meaning “boar meadow in woodland clearing."
- Faye - This is an Old French name meaning “fairy."
- Feya - Another Old French title meaning “fairy."
- Genesis - This is a Latin name meaning “birth."
- Harmonia - Of Greek origins, this name means “harmony."
- Kinsley - An English name meaning “king’s meadow."
- Lailah - This is an Arabic epithet that means “night” or “sweetheart."
- Lottie - A Latin name meaning “petite beauty”, an Italian name meaning “valiant”, ”strong”, and “free” as well as a Spanish name that means “little” and “womanly." This baby girl name is the shortened version of Charlotte, the third most popular name on the Social Security Administration’s Top Baby Name list for 2021.
- Mila - This is an Italian name meaning “miracle” and a Russian name meaning “dear one."
- Natalia - An Italian name meaning “born on Christmas."
- Nimue - Of English origins, this title means “vibrant” and “full of life."
- Nola - A Latin name meaning “of noble birth”, an Old Norse name meaning “kind one”, and an Old French name meaning “peace."
- Ophelia - This is a Greek title meaning “the helper”, “useful”, and “wise." For those expecting boy-girl twins, Orion is a great name to pair with this sweet title.
- Raya - This is an English name meaning “manly."
- Semira - Of African origins, this epithet means “fulfilled."
- Serena - A Latin name meaning “peaceful one” and “calm."
- Serenity - Of English origins, this sweet title means “peaceful disposition."
- Tiana - This is a Greek and Spanish name that means “princess."
- Vespera - Of Latin origins, the title means “evening."
Ethereal Girl Names Inspired by Nature with Meanings
- Anthea - This is a Greek name meaning “flowery."
- Aspen - An American name meaning “tree."
- Astera - Of Greek and Old Norse origins, this name means “star” and “super strength”, respectively.
- Dahlia - This flower name has Scandinavian origins meaning “valley” and Hebrew origins meaning “branch."
- Elowen - This is an English and Cornish name that means “elm tree."
- Esther - A Persian name that means “star."
- Flora - This is a Latin title meaning “blooming flower” and “flourishing."
- Guinevere - Of Irish origins, this title means “white wave."
- Gwendolyn - Another Irish name that means “white wave."
- Gwyneira - This is a Welsh name that means “white snow” or “blessed snow."
- Isla - A Spanish and Scottish name that means “island."
- Kailani - This is a Hawaiian name for girls that means “sea and sky."
- Leilani - Of Hawaiian origins, this name means “heavenly flower."
- Levana - A Latin name that means “rising sun."
- Lilian - This is a Latin name meaning “a flower."
- Luna - Of Latin origins, this name means “moon."
- Morwenna - This is a Welsh name meaning “maiden” or “waves of the sea."
- Nessa - Of Greek origins, this name means “a butterfly." It is also a title with Irish origins that means “God is gracious."
- Rosalind - A Spanish name meaning “pretty rose”and a French name meaning “little red-haired one."
- Rosemary - This is a Latin name meaning “a flower."
- Rowan - Of Old English origins, this is a unisex name that translates to “tree with red berries."
- Zephyrine - This unique name for girls that means “west wind” in Greek.
Angelic and Ethereal Girl Names with Meanings
- Amarantha - This is a Greek name meaning “unfading."
- Angelina - Of Greek origins, this ethereal baby name means “heavenly messenger."
- Angelique - Another Greek name that means “heavenly messenger."
- Arella - A Hebrew name that means “angel messenger."
- Evangeline - This is a Greek name that means “messenger of good news."
- Gabriella - Of Spanish and Italian origins, this name means “God is my strength." This is the female version of Gabriel.
- Lyra - A Greek title that means “song” or “expression of emotion."
- Seraphina - Of Hebrew origins, this name means “afire” or “angel." Another version of this name is Seraphine.
Girl Names That Mean Ethereal
- Adina - A Hebrew name meaning “delicate."
- Damaris - Of Greek origins, this name means “gentle."
- Delilah - A Hebrew name meaning “delicate."
- Grace - This is a Latin name meaning “graceful” or “blessing."
- Halima - An Arabic name meaning “gentle."
- Lavanya - Of Hindi and Sanskrit origins, this name means “grace."
- Lucia - This is an Italian and Latin name meaning “light."
- Malva - A Greek name meaning “light” or “slender”, a Scottish name meaning “armored chief”, and a Latin name meaning “Mallow flower."
- Mira - This is a Hebrew name meaning “light” and a Gaelic name meaning “merry." It also has Latin origins, meaning “wonder”, “beautiful”, and “extraordinary."
- Rowena - Of Welsh origins, this name means “slender” and “fair."
- Tanvi - A Hindi name meaning “a delicate girl."
Ethereal Goddess Names with Meanings
- Artemis - This is the name of the Greek goddess of the moon.
- Aurora - The title for the Greek goddess of the dawn and a Latin name meaning “gold."
- Ceres - The name of the Greek goddess of the harvest.
- Diana - A Greek and Latin name meaning “divine." This is also the title of the Greek goddess of the moon and the twin sister of Apollo.
- Eris - This is the name of the Greek goddess of strife.
- Freya - The name of the Scandinavian goddess of love, fertility, and beauty.
- Hippolyta - This is another Greek name that means “freer of horses." It was also the epithet of the queen of the Amazons, a group of warrior women in Greek mythology.
- Iris - In Greek mythology, this is the name of the goddess of the rainbow.
- Lucina - A German name for the goddess of childbirth.
- Mina - This is the Danish goddess of the sun, moon, and stars. However, it is also a Hindi name meaning “precious blue stone”, a Persian name meaning “blue sky”, and an Old German name meaning “love."
- Morgana - A Welsh name, this title means “enchantress half-sister of Arthur”, “white sea”, “bright”, and “dweller by the sea."
- Nyra - Of Sanskrit origins, this name means “beauty of Goddess Saraswati."
- Persephone - This is a beautiful Greek name, but it has a dark meaning — “bringer of death." This is the title of the daughter of Zeus and the Queen of the underworld.
- Rhiannon - This is the name of a mythological nymph in Welsh lore.
More Ethereal Baby Name Inspiration for Girls
The first place to peruse is in Greek mythology. This ancient folklore is overflowing with goddesses whose titles exude the image of elegance. In fact, the majority of female ethereal names have either Greek or Latin origins. That is because these languages naturally sound more musical to our ears.
This is thanks to the even distribution of consonants and vowels in their extensive collection of alluring titles. Romantic languages like Spanish, French, and Italian also have this musical quality, making many of their names another source for ethereal names.
Next, search for monikers whose meanings are synonyms of the word ethereal — light, airy, gentle, delicate, graceful, beautiful, or slender. This can give you an extensive list of options.
You can also find many ideas for baby girl names by searching for names that mean “angel” or “heavenly messenger.” Looking for ethereal boy names as well? We also have a list of the top 150 pretty boy names for parents to peruse!
Why are all of these enchanting epithets so perfect? Because that’s what babies are – they are captivating little creatures that you cannot help but fall in love with the moment you lay eyes on them. Thus, no matter which ethereal theme you choose, it will be the ideal fit for your perfect little girl!
If you like these ethereal name ideas, pin this list of 100+ ethereal baby girl names to help get you started!
Was this article helpful?