popular topics in pregnancy
- Baby NamesBaby Names
- Concerns and ComplicationsConcerns and Complications
- Labor and DeliveryLabor and Delivery
- Pregnancy Tracker: Day by DayPregnancy Tracker: Day by Day
- Pregnant LifePregnant Life
- Prenatal Health and NutritionPrenatal Health and Nutrition
- Trying to ConceiveTrying to Conceive
- PregnancyMoms-to-Be Can Beat the Heat With These Must-See Summer MoviesIf you're in your second or third trimester—heck, even if you're in your first—the summer heat can be a real challenge. With summer fast approaching, you're going to need an escape plan. How about the movies? What could be better? It's air-c...Laurie Mega
- PregnancyWhat's the Deal with Gender Reveal Parties?Gender reveal parties have skyrocketed in popularity over the past few years. It goes like this: a doctor writes down their determination of the baby’s sex on a piece of paper without telling the expectant parents. The couple then takes that de...Rebecca Desfosse
- Signs and Stages of LaborPregnancy: When to Go to the HospitalPregnancy: When to Go to the Hospital Fake Contractions (Braxton Hicks) Most women will experience "fake" contractions sometime in their pregnancy not all women, but most. Fake contractions, more commonly known as Braxton Hicks contractions, a...
- PregnancyFirst Trimester To-Do List: Take Care of YourselfWelcome to pregnancy! You may feel overwhelmed with all you have to do and think about, but pace yourself — you have nine months! In this first stage, all you really need to do is learn how to take good care of yourself using these simple steps...Erin Dower
- Labor and DeliveryWhat's the Difference Between Doulas, Midwives and Doctors?You have to make so many decisions when pregnant, from deciding what to do about work, to selecting a doctor, to, of course, choosing a baby name. One decision every expectant mommy makes, whether they’re having Baby 1 or Baby 5, is who they w...Rachel Sokol
- PregnancyExtreme Fitness During Pregnancy: Do I Have to Ditch My Routine?We all know that one mom who hit the gym every day her entire pregnancy. (In my case, I was certainly NOT that mom, and envious of women who maintained their workout schedule their whole pregnancy!) We know that regular exercise is good for mom...Rachel Sokol
- Signs and Stages of LaborSigns of LaborAs labor approaches, your body starts to prepare itself for the task ahead and you may notice various physical symptoms and signs that labor is about to start. Not every woman experiences labor in the same way, and certain signs can occur either ...
- AAP Says Interactive Screen Time Can Be HealthyWhen it comes to screen time and kids, it isn't all bad news. The American Academy of Pediatrics offers guidelines on how to make screen time healthy and educational.Curious World
- Labor and Delivery5 Medications for Labor Pain ReliefNatural childbirth is not for everyone. You could have an exceptionally long labor, or a low threshold for pain. Both are perfectly valid reasons for wanting some pain relief. You're not going to win any good-mommy awards and your child is not g...
- Labor and Delivery9 Natural Labor Pain Relief TechniquesGiving birth is a natural process, but what's called natural childbirth is the experience of labor and delivery without the use of any medication or anesthesia. Instead, you rely on natural methods of pain relief, like breathing and visualization...
- Family LifeThe Dad Bucket List: What You Should Cross Off Before You're a DadYou’ve settled into bed for the night after a long day. In the gym by 5:00 AM, the office by 8:00. Gridlock on the drive home left just enough time to mow the lawn before sundown. Your phone buzzes. A text from your wife, who’s laying right n...Steven Auger
- Signs and SymptomsFirst Signs of Pregnancy*/ The two-week wait to find out if you have conceived can feel like years if you are trying to have a baby. Some pregnancy symptoms can begin a just few days after conception, even before a positive pregnancy test would register. So how can you...Lindsay Hutton
- Pregnant LifeReal Moms Share Their Best Pregnancy Skincare TipsEditor's Note: This article contains Amazon affiliate links. That means we get a small commission if you click on a link to Amazon from our site and buy the product we feature. Before I got pregnant with my first, I'd heard tons of women rave ab...Laurie Mega
- Irish NamesErin Go Bragh: 10 Irish Baby Names for St. Patrick's Day (With a Bonus 2)St. Patrick's Day is the perfect time to take a look at all the adorable Irish and Celtic baby names out there. I come from a huge family with Irish heritage on both sides, so by now all the popular Irish American names have been taken. So when...
- Pregnancy5 Unique and Clever Gender RevealsGender reveals are the new baby shower, and there are so many ways to do them. Want to up your game and go beyond the box of pink or blue balloons? We rounded up our favorite and most clever gender reveals to give you some ideas! Cup O’ Excitem...Rachel Sokol
- Setting Up the NurseryWhere Should Newborns Sleep?Have you decided where your new bundle of joy will sleep when she comes home? The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends keeping your infant in the same room where you sleep (but not in the same bed) to greatly reduce the risk of Sudden ...Erin Dower
- Fact Monster - a safe online educational space for kids
Are you worried about your kids being online? Fact Monster is a KidSafe-certified site for your kids to get homework help, play games and watch educational videos. Check it out...and give Same Game a try yourself!
sponsored contentFamily Education
- Alcohol During PregnancyCheers to Partnership: How I Gave Up Drinking While My Wife Was PregnantLifestyle Change For the past 15 years, I’ve focused on maintaining a healthy lifestyle that consists of eating nutritious food coupled with regular exercise. I rarely, if ever, consumed alcohol during that time. I always viewed it as empty cal...Steven Auger