popular topics in pregnancy
- Baby NamesBaby Names
- Concerns and ComplicationsConcerns and Complications
- Labor and DeliveryLabor and Delivery
- Pregnancy Tracker: Day by DayPregnancy Tracker: Day by Day
- Pregnant LifePregnant Life
- Prenatal Health and NutritionPrenatal Health and Nutrition
- Trying to ConceiveTrying to Conceive
- Pregnancy8 Traits Babies Inherit From Their MotherYour baby can inherit a lot more than just hair color and physical features from its parents. As you await the arrival of your new baby, you’ll probably wonder not only what they will look like, but how they’ll act, talk, walk, and more. Tha...Jacqueline Weiss
- PregnancyWhat It's Really Like to Use a Pregnancy SurrogateIn the last few years, it seems that women are talking more openly about surrogacy. Actress Gabrielle Union talked openly about her fertility struggles that lead to welcoming her daughter Kaavia James via gestational surrogate. Kim Kardashian ha...Sa'iyda Shabazz
- Signs and Stages of LaborPregnancy: When to Go to the HospitalPregnancy: When to Go to the Hospital Fake Contractions (Braxton Hicks) Most women will experience "fake" contractions sometime in their pregnancy not all women, but most. Fake contractions, more commonly known as Braxton Hicks contractions, a...
- PregnancyCoping With Anxiety During PregnancyYay, you are pregnant! Folding onesies, picking out the paint color for the nursery, and rubbing away on your swollen belly, blissfully dreaming of kissing your soon to be baby. What a joyous time… or is it? While some women may see a decrease...Brittany McCabe
- Pregnancy10 Health Changes to Make if You Plan to Get Pregnant in the New YearThey say you’re never quite ready for everything motherhood throws your way--as much as you try. However, if you’re hoping this new year is THE year you’ll get pregnant (fingers and toes crossed!) there are some ways to prep your body for ...Rachel Sokol
- Pregnancy8 Reasons Why Being Pregnant During the Holidays Is The WorstIt’s the most wonderful time of the year. However, when you’re pregnant during the holidays you may feel anything but merry and bright. Aches, pains, and the inability to indulge in some of your favorite party snacks and drinks are only a few...Erin Ollila
- Dilation and EffacementFirst Stage of LaborFor your baby to be born the cervix (comprised of firm muscle that forms a strong base at the bottom of the uterus) needs to stretch and soften so that it can open, or dilate, and your baby can pass out of the uterus and into the vagina. Toward t...
- AAP Says Interactive Screen Time Can Be HealthyWhen it comes to screen time and kids, it isn't all bad news. The American Academy of Pediatrics offers guidelines on how to make screen time healthy and educational.Curious World
- PregnancyNew Study Proves Men Are Naturally Attracted to Pregnant WomenPregnancy is a beautiful experience, but it can also leave many expectant mothers feeling vulnerable and self-conscious about their changing body, and for some men, pregnant women are a turn-on. More: Sexuality and Breastfeeding A new study put ...Jacqueline Weiss
- Pregnancy7 Maternity Dresses (+1 Jumpsuit) Perfect for Holiday PartiesOK, fine, you can’t wear your fave pairs of pre-pregnancy jeans (or perhaps even your beloved heels--darn foot swelling!) this holiday season because you’ve...oh, you know...got a cute lil’ baby under that belly bump! Buck up, momma-to-be--...Rachel Sokol
- PregnancyQueen Elizabeth Hates The Word "Pregnant", Here's Why:Rarely do we learn of behind closed doors, insider intel on what the Queen of England really thinks but we’ve got an interesting little tidbit about the one word she absolutely hates. There are many words we can imagine the British Monarch wou...Laura Richards
- Week 5 of PregnancyYou are 4 Weeks and 1 Day PregnantYour baby todayThis is a microscope view of the amniotic cavity with the cells that will become the baby in a close-up. These cells will repeatedly divide and multiply, becoming more and more specialized at each stage of their development. ...
- Pregnancy8 Reasons Why Being Pregnant During The Holidays is AwesomeThe holidays can be a time of stress for so many of us. I wondered if pregnancy provided women with a sense of comfort or was an added factor to the holiday hustle and bustle. I reached out to moms in various stages of their pregnancy and parent...HeHe Stewart
- After DeliveryJaundice in NewbornsThe most common difficulty in newborns is jaundice (yellow-looking skin), and in most cases it will disappear in two weeks or less without any special treatment. For most full-term babies, jaundice should not last longer than one week. What Cause...
- PregnancyI Wanted a Girl, But I'm Having a Boy. Here's How I Got Over ItGrowing up, Laura always figured she’d be a mother to both girls and boys. So much so, that it never even occurred to her that she could end up with either all sons or all daughters. Having grown up in small, tight-knit families, Laura and her...Julia Ries
- Setting Up the NurseryWhere Should Newborns Sleep?Have you decided where your new bundle of joy will sleep when she comes home? The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends keeping your infant in the same room where you sleep (but not in the same bed) to greatly reduce the risk of Sudden ...Erin Dower
- Fact Monster - a safe online educational space for kids
Are you worried about your kids being online? Fact Monster is a KidSafe-certified site for your kids to get homework help, play games and watch educational videos. Check it out...and give Same Game a try yourself!
sponsored contentFamily Education
- Family Life5 Ways to Support Your Soon-To-Be Dad FriendsDo a quick Google search for newborns and expecting parents and it’s likely that most of the advice that pops up is geared toward the mamas to be. There’s no doubt that our future moms of the world need a lot of support, but it’s important ...Julia Ries