popular topics in pregnancy
- Baby NamesBaby Names
- Concerns and ComplicationsConcerns and Complications
- Labor and DeliveryLabor and Delivery
- Pregnancy Tracker: Day by DayPregnancy Tracker: Day by Day
- Pregnant LifePregnant Life
- Prenatal Health and NutritionPrenatal Health and Nutrition
- Trying to ConceiveTrying to Conceive
- PregnancyThe Benefits of Delayed Cord Clamping After BirthPregnancy can be one of the most exciting times in a woman’s life, and preparing for the actual labor and delivery can practically feel like a full-time job. There are so many choices to consider. Natural or medicated delivery? Midwife or doct...Charise Rohm Nulsen
- PregnancyHow to Take a Pregnancy SelfieLooking to document your pregnancy outside of just your sonogram print-outs? This guide to snapping selfies throughout your pregnancy from the beginning to end is made for social media savvy moms-to-be. While you’ll be passing out photos to you...Jacqueline Weiss
- Signs and Stages of LaborPregnancy: When to Go to the HospitalPregnancy: When to Go to the Hospital Fake Contractions (Braxton Hicks) Most women will experience "fake" contractions sometime in their pregnancy not all women, but most. Fake contractions, more commonly known as Braxton Hicks contractions, a...
- Pregnancy8 Traits Babies Inherit From Their MotherYour baby can inherit a lot more than just hair color and physical features from its parents. As you await the arrival of your new baby, you’ll probably wonder not only what they will look like, but how they’ll act, talk, walk, and more. Tha...Jacqueline Weiss
- PregnancyWhat It's Really Like to Use a Pregnancy SurrogateIn the last few years, it seems that women are talking more openly about surrogacy. Actress Gabrielle Union talked openly about her fertility struggles that lead to welcoming her daughter Kaavia James via gestational surrogate. Kim Kardashian ha...Sa'iyda Shabazz
- PregnancyCoping With Anxiety During PregnancyYay, you are pregnant! Folding onesies, picking out the paint color for the nursery, and rubbing away on your swollen belly, blissfully dreaming of kissing your soon to be baby. What a joyous time… or is it? While some women may see a decrease...Brittany McCabe
- Setting Up the NurseryWhere Should Newborns Sleep?Have you decided where your new bundle of joy will sleep when she comes home? The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends keeping your infant in the same room where you sleep (but not in the same bed) to greatly reduce the risk of Sudden ...Erin Dower
- AAP Says Interactive Screen Time Can Be HealthyWhen it comes to screen time and kids, it isn't all bad news. The American Academy of Pediatrics offers guidelines on how to make screen time healthy and educational.Curious World
- Pregnancy10 Health Changes to Make if You Plan to Get Pregnant in the New YearThey say you’re never quite ready for everything motherhood throws your way--as much as you try. However, if you’re hoping this new year is THE year you’ll get pregnant (fingers and toes crossed!) there are some ways to prep your body for ...Rachel Sokol
- Pregnancy8 Reasons Why Being Pregnant During the Holidays Is The WorstIt’s the most wonderful time of the year. However, when you’re pregnant during the holidays you may feel anything but merry and bright. Aches, pains, and the inability to indulge in some of your favorite party snacks and drinks are only a few...Erin Ollila
- PregnancyNew Study Proves Men Are Naturally Attracted to Pregnant WomenPregnancy is a beautiful experience, but it can also leave many expectant mothers feeling vulnerable and self-conscious about their changing body, and for some men, pregnant women are a turn-on. More: Sexuality and Breastfeeding A new study put ...Jacqueline Weiss
- Pregnancy8 Traits Babies Inherit From Their FatherAs a birth professional, I often get asked about traits and my opinion on if babies will come here with this or that! Most people ask about things like eye color and birth weight, but sometimes it’s things like hairline and webbed toes. More: ...HeHe Stewart
- Pregnancy7 Maternity Dresses (+1 Jumpsuit) Perfect for Holiday PartiesOK, fine, you can’t wear your fave pairs of pre-pregnancy jeans (or perhaps even your beloved heels--darn foot swelling!) this holiday season because you’ve...oh, you know...got a cute lil’ baby under that belly bump! Buck up, momma-to-be--...Rachel Sokol
- PregnancyQueen Elizabeth Hates The Word "Pregnant", Here's Why:Rarely do we learn of behind closed doors, insider intel on what the Queen of England really thinks but we’ve got an interesting little tidbit about the one word she absolutely hates. There are many words we can imagine the British Monarch wou...Laura Richards
- Pregnancy8 Reasons Why Being Pregnant During The Holidays is AwesomeThe holidays can be a time of stress for so many of us. I wondered if pregnancy provided women with a sense of comfort or was an added factor to the holiday hustle and bustle. I reached out to moms in various stages of their pregnancy and parent...HeHe Stewart
- Dilation and EffacementFirst Stage of LaborFor your baby to be born the cervix (comprised of firm muscle that forms a strong base at the bottom of the uterus) needs to stretch and soften so that it can open, or dilate, and your baby can pass out of the uterus and into the vagina. Toward t...
- Fact Monster - a safe online educational space for kids
Are you worried about your kids being online? Fact Monster is a KidSafe-certified site for your kids to get homework help, play games and watch educational videos. Check it out...and give Same Game a try yourself!
sponsored contentFamily Education
- After DeliveryJaundice in NewbornsThe most common difficulty in newborns is jaundice (yellow-looking skin), and in most cases it will disappear in two weeks or less without any special treatment. For most full-term babies, jaundice should not last longer than one week. What Cause...