popular topics in pregnancy
- Baby NamesBaby Names
- Concerns and ComplicationsConcerns and Complications
- Labor and DeliveryLabor and Delivery
- Pregnancy Tracker: Day by DayPregnancy Tracker: Day by Day
- Pregnant LifePregnant Life
- Prenatal Health and NutritionPrenatal Health and Nutrition
- Trying to ConceiveTrying to Conceive
- Pregnancy8 Reasons Why Being Pregnant During The Holidays is AwesomeThe holidays can be a time of stress for so many of us. I wondered if pregnancy provided women with a sense of comfort or was an added factor to the holiday hustle and bustle. I reached out to moms in various stages of their pregnancy and parent...HeHe Stewart
- After DeliveryJaundice in NewbornsThe most common difficulty in newborns is jaundice (yellow-looking skin), and in most cases it will disappear in two weeks or less without any special treatment. For most full-term babies, jaundice should not last longer than one week. What Cause...
- Signs and Stages of LaborPregnancy: When to Go to the HospitalPregnancy: When to Go to the Hospital Fake Contractions (Braxton Hicks) Most women will experience "fake" contractions sometime in their pregnancy not all women, but most. Fake contractions, more commonly known as Braxton Hicks contractions, a...
- PregnancyI Wanted a Girl, But I'm Having a Boy. Here's How I Got Over ItGrowing up, Laura always figured she’d be a mother to both girls and boys. So much so, that it never even occurred to her that she could end up with either all sons or all daughters. Having grown up in small, tight-knit families, Laura and her...Julia Ries
- Family Life5 Ways to Support Your Soon-To-Be Dad FriendsDo a quick Google search for newborns and expecting parents and it’s likely that most of the advice that pops up is geared toward the mamas to be. There’s no doubt that our future moms of the world need a lot of support, but it’s important ...Julia Ries
- PregnancyDo You Really Have to Quit Coffee When You're Pregnant?//--> Ahhhh, a morning cuppa Joe. Warm, relaxing, soothing, with a little pinch of milk and sugar…isn’t coffee the best? Like the 80s Folgers coffee commercials said, “The best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup.” It’s hard to...Rachel Sokol
- Dilation and EffacementFirst Stage of LaborFor your baby to be born the cervix (comprised of firm muscle that forms a strong base at the bottom of the uterus) needs to stretch and soften so that it can open, or dilate, and your baby can pass out of the uterus and into the vagina. Toward t...
- AAP Says Interactive Screen Time Can Be HealthyWhen it comes to screen time and kids, it isn't all bad news. The American Academy of Pediatrics offers guidelines on how to make screen time healthy and educational.Curious World
- Pregnancy5 Things You Should Never Say to a Pregnant WomanDear everyone, On behalf of all pregnant women currently walking the face of the earth, I’d like to take a moment to share with you some of the most common things we hear while pregnant that should never, ever be said to us. We get that our pre...Erin Ollila
- PregnancyI Hated Being Pregnant and That's Perfectly OkayI’m transparent in my articles for FamilyEducation, and here I go again with a confession: I am crazy in love with my daughters, both under age 5, but struggled with pregnancy. I was high-risk both times and even though I understood and did app...Rachel Sokol
- Pregnancy5 Foods That Could Help You Get PregnantAre you trying to get pregnant? There are plenty of things to do to get your body ready. Get lots of sleep. Take your vitamins. And don't forget to add these five foods to your diet to boost your fertility! For more details, check out 5 Fertility...
- Signs and SymptomsFirst Signs of Pregnancy*/ The two-week wait to find out if you have conceived can feel like years if you are trying to have a baby. Some pregnancy symptoms can begin a just few days after conception, even before a positive pregnancy test would register. So how can you...Lindsay Hutton
- PregnancyTrying to Conceive? Here Are 8 Steps to Take FirstIf you're ready to try to conceive, there are some important things to do to get ready. Here are 8 steps to take before trying to conceive. For more details, check out the full article. ...
- Alcohol During PregnancyI Drank Over the Holiday and Now I'm Pregnant. Is My Baby Okay?When I first found out I was pregnant, I was overjoyed. Then, a scary thought hit me – I had just had a few (err – more than a few) drinks the weekend before. A few doctors claim that a glass of wine here and there won’t hurt, but the gene...Julie Ries
- Baby Names6 Beachy Names for Your Summer BabyIf you're having a summer baby, and you love the beach, why not give your baby a beachy, summer baby name? We dug through hundreds of fun-and-sun-related names and came up with our six favorite! If you're looking for more name inspiration, check ...
- Signs and Stages of LaborSigns of LaborAs labor approaches, your body starts to prepare itself for the task ahead and you may notice various physical symptoms and signs that labor is about to start. Not every woman experiences labor in the same way, and certain signs can occur either ...
- Fact Monster - a safe online educational space for kids
Are you worried about your kids being online? Fact Monster is a KidSafe-certified site for your kids to get homework help, play games and watch educational videos. Check it out...and give Same Game a try yourself!
sponsored contentFamily Education
- Baby Names6 Beachy Names for Your Summer BabyLooking for the perfect name for your summer baby? If you love the beach, we have six names that are perfect! If you're looking for more name inspiration, check out our complete baby names section! ...Erin Ollila