popular topics in pregnancy
- PregnancyOur 5 Favorite Celebrity Baby Announcements Right NowAs much as we love babies, we also love baby announcements! These are our favorite celebrity baby announcements for the year so far. Kirsten Dunst Kirsten Dunst officially announced her pregnancy in the RODARTE fall look book. She looks goddess-l...Laurie Mega
- Labor and DeliveryWhat to Do When You're OverdueYou're 41 long weeks into your pregnancy, and your baby has still not made his or her arrival into the world yet. You're tired, bloated and so ready for this baby to come out, so what's the hold up? Why haven't you gone into labor yet? While ...
- Signs and Stages of LaborPregnancy: When to Go to the HospitalPregnancy: When to Go to the Hospital Fake Contractions (Braxton Hicks) Most women will experience "fake" contractions sometime in their pregnancy not all women, but most. Fake contractions, more commonly known as Braxton Hicks contractions, a...
- PregnancyThe Benefits of Breastfeeding: They're Not Just for BabyThe advantages of breastfeeding compared to formula-feeding are numerous, diverse and convincing. These advantages extend not only to babies but to their mothers, families and society. One might assume that the merits of breastfeeding would be...
- PregnancyOur 5 Favorite Celebrity Babies Born in JanuaryWe know Kim and Kanye's third child and second daughter was born this past month (really, we don't follow them too closely). But did you know a whole bunch of other celebrities became first-, second- and even third-time parents this month? We rou...Laurie Mega
- PregnancyThe Top 7 Pregnancy Pillows of 2017Your pregnant body can feel all types of aches and pains, especially after a long day, but you don't have to suffer through it. Pamper yourself with one of the top pregnancy pillows of the year, which can take pressure off in just the right spots...Kelly Sundstrom
- Aches and PainsAbdominal Cramps During PregnancyAbdominal Cramps During Pregnancy If you feel cramps in your abdomen (the area around your stomach), don't panic right away. Sometimes cramping is nothing more than a gentle reminder to take it easy, and at other times it might be a sign of dig...
- Fact Monster - a safe online educational space for kids
Are you worried about your kids being online? Fact Monster is a KidSafe-certified site for your kids to get homework help, play games and watch educational videos. Check it out...and give Same Game a try yourself!
sponsored contentFamily Education
- KidsZika Virus Q&A: 4 Facts for Pregnant Women and FamiliesThe news of Zika virus spreading is pretty scary, particularly if you're pregnant or trying to conceive (TTC). If you're expecting, what steps do you need to take to protect yourself and your baby? Can you still take a babymoon, and where is it s...Erin Dower
- Choosing a Name6 Baby Names That Mean Love for Your Littlest ValentineCheck out our list of baby names that mean love, and make sure to tell us which name is your favorite for your Valentine's Day baby! ...Lindsay Hutton
- Choosing a Name10 Holiday-Themed Baby Names That Mean Joyful and BrightCheck out our favorite holiday-inspired baby names that mean joyful and bright. Which is your favorite for your Christmas baby? ...Lindsay Hutton
- Signs and Stages of LaborSigns of LaborAs labor approaches, your body starts to prepare itself for the task ahead and you may notice various physical symptoms and signs that labor is about to start. Not every woman experiences labor in the same way, and certain signs can occur either ...
- Sex After Childbirth6 Tips to Help Your Marriage Survive a New BabyHaving a baby is wonderful, but it can (and will!) put a whole slew of new stresses on your relationship with your partner. When the going gets tough, follow these tips to help your marriage survive those stressful newborn months. ...Lindsay Hutton
- Setting Up the NurseryWhere Should Newborns Sleep?Have you decided where your new bundle of joy will sleep when she comes home? The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends keeping your infant in the same room where you sleep (but not in the same bed) to greatly reduce the risk of Sudden ...Erin Dower
- BreastfeedingBirth Control After Baby: 5 Options for Breastfeeding MomsLife with a newborn is wonderfully chaotic, so becoming pregnant again is probably the last thing on your mind. While safe for your baby, birth control that contains estrogen, including combination pills, Nuvaring, and the patch, can lower milk s...Lindsay Hutton
- Signs and SymptomsFirst Signs of Pregnancy*/ The two-week wait to find out if you have conceived can feel like years if you are trying to have a baby. Some pregnancy symptoms can begin a just few days after conception, even before a positive pregnancy test would register. So how can you...Lindsay Hutton
- Find the Ben & Holly's Little Kingdom Castle in Our Toyfinder!
Find Ben & Holly's castle along with hundreds of other great toy ideas!
- Genetic Testing and ScreeningsThe Newest in Genetic Tests: What is cfDNA Testing?The Newest in Genetic Tests: What is cfDNA Testing? A new test, called cell free fetal DNA testing (cfDNA), is one of the first non-invasive screening test options that can help determine the likelihood of a fetus having a chromosomal disorder, ...Lindsay Hutton