popular topics in pregnancy
- Baby NamesBaby Names
- Concerns and ComplicationsConcerns and Complications
- Labor and DeliveryLabor and Delivery
- Pregnancy Tracker: Day by DayPregnancy Tracker: Day by Day
- Pregnant LifePregnant Life
- Prenatal Health and NutritionPrenatal Health and Nutrition
- Trying to ConceiveTrying to Conceive
- Alcohol During PregnancyI Drank Over the Holiday and Now I'm Pregnant. Is My Baby Okay?When I first found out I was pregnant, I was overjoyed. Then, a scary thought hit me – I had just had a few (err – more than a few) drinks the weekend before. A few doctors claim that a glass of wine here and there won’t hurt, but the gene...Julie Ries
- Baby Names6 Beachy Names for Your Summer BabyIf you're having a summer baby, and you love the beach, why not give your baby a beachy, summer baby name? We dug through hundreds of fun-and-sun-related names and came up with our six favorite! If you're looking for more name inspiration, check ...
- Signs and Stages of LaborPregnancy: When to Go to the HospitalPregnancy: When to Go to the Hospital Fake Contractions (Braxton Hicks) Most women will experience "fake" contractions sometime in their pregnancy not all women, but most. Fake contractions, more commonly known as Braxton Hicks contractions, a...
- Baby Names6 Beachy Names for Your Summer BabyLooking for the perfect name for your summer baby? If you love the beach, we have six names that are perfect! If you're looking for more name inspiration, check out our complete baby names section! ...Erin Ollila
- Pregnant At WorkWhen Do I Tell My Boss I'm Pregnant?“I just wanted to let you know…I’m pregnant.” Are you preparing to tell your boss, and Human Resources, about this exciting (and yes, also scary) news? First of all, congratulations! Next up on your agenda: handling the transition from w...Rachel Sokol
- PregnancyMoms-to-Be Can Beat the Heat With These Must-See Summer MoviesIf you're in your second or third trimester—heck, even if you're in your first—the summer heat can be a real challenge. With summer fast approaching, you're going to need an escape plan. How about the movies? What could be better? It's air-c...Laurie Mega
- Signs and SymptomsFirst Signs of Pregnancy*/ The two-week wait to find out if you have conceived can feel like years if you are trying to have a baby. Some pregnancy symptoms can begin a just few days after conception, even before a positive pregnancy test would register. So how can you...Lindsay Hutton
- AAP Says Interactive Screen Time Can Be HealthyWhen it comes to screen time and kids, it isn't all bad news. The American Academy of Pediatrics offers guidelines on how to make screen time healthy and educational.Curious World
- PregnancyWhat's the Deal with Gender Reveal Parties?Gender reveal parties have skyrocketed in popularity over the past few years. It goes like this: a doctor writes down their determination of the baby’s sex on a piece of paper without telling the expectant parents. The couple then takes that de...Rebecca Desfosse
- PregnancyFirst Trimester To-Do List: Take Care of YourselfWelcome to pregnancy! You may feel overwhelmed with all you have to do and think about, but pace yourself — you have nine months! In this first stage, all you really need to do is learn how to take good care of yourself using these simple steps...Erin Dower
- Labor and DeliveryWhat's the Difference Between Doulas, Midwives and Doctors?You have to make so many decisions when pregnant, from deciding what to do about work, to selecting a doctor, to, of course, choosing a baby name. One decision every expectant mommy makes, whether they’re having Baby 1 or Baby 5, is who they w...Rachel Sokol
- Dilation and EffacementFirst Stage of LaborFor your baby to be born the cervix (comprised of firm muscle that forms a strong base at the bottom of the uterus) needs to stretch and soften so that it can open, or dilate, and your baby can pass out of the uterus and into the vagina. Toward t...
- PregnancyExtreme Fitness During Pregnancy: Do I Have to Ditch My Routine?We all know that one mom who hit the gym every day her entire pregnancy. (In my case, I was certainly NOT that mom, and envious of women who maintained their workout schedule their whole pregnancy!) We know that regular exercise is good for mom...Rachel Sokol
- Labor and Delivery5 Medications for Labor Pain ReliefNatural childbirth is not for everyone. You could have an exceptionally long labor, or a low threshold for pain. Both are perfectly valid reasons for wanting some pain relief. You're not going to win any good-mommy awards and your child is not g...
- Labor and Delivery9 Natural Labor Pain Relief TechniquesGiving birth is a natural process, but what's called natural childbirth is the experience of labor and delivery without the use of any medication or anesthesia. Instead, you rely on natural methods of pain relief, like breathing and visualization...
- Signs and Stages of LaborSigns of LaborAs labor approaches, your body starts to prepare itself for the task ahead and you may notice various physical symptoms and signs that labor is about to start. Not every woman experiences labor in the same way, and certain signs can occur either ...
- Fact Monster - a safe online educational space for kids
Are you worried about your kids being online? Fact Monster is a KidSafe-certified site for your kids to get homework help, play games and watch educational videos. Check it out...and give Same Game a try yourself!
sponsored contentFamily Education
- Family LifeThe Dad Bucket List: What You Should Cross Off Before You're a DadYou’ve settled into bed for the night after a long day. In the gym by 5:00 AM, the office by 8:00. Gridlock on the drive home left just enough time to mow the lawn before sundown. Your phone buzzes. A text from your wife, who’s laying right n...Steven Auger