popular topics in entertainment and activities
- Fourth of JulyOur 5 Favorite Celebrity Family Pics From the 4th of JulyIndependence Day is the perfect time to get together with family and celebrate this great country. And our favorite celebrities were no exception! Here are our favorite 4th of July family pics! Drew Barrymore Drew Barrymore captured this fun mom...Laurie Mega
- School and LearningPros and Cons: Living Near VolcanoesThis full-color, informative printable will challenge your kids to think about the risks and benefits of living near an active volcano. This resource from ScienceWerkz: Earth's Landforms interactive courseware is brought to you by Nodma. Sc...
- Playdough6 Homemade Playdough RecipesEveryone seems to have a favorite playdough recipe, and many old favorites have been included here. Some require cooking and some don't; some are meant to be eaten and some are not. Choose the recipe that best suits your needs and the ingredients...Trish Kuffner, author of The Toddler's Busy Book
- PregnancyMoms-to-Be Can Beat the Heat With These Must-See Summer MoviesIf you're in your second or third trimester—heck, even if you're in your first—the summer heat can be a real challenge. With summer fast approaching, you're going to need an escape plan. How about the movies? What could be better? It's air-c...Laurie Mega
- Mother's Day6 Sweet Ways to Show the Mom in Your Life You Love HerMother's Day is fast approaching, and the pressure is on to show the mom in your life just how much you love and appreciate her. 3 Incredibly Thoughtful Mother's Day Gifts Here are a few gift ideas for Mother's Day the mom in your life is s...Rebecca Desfosse
- Family Life4 Outdoor Parents You Should Follow on InstagramSpring is here and summer is fast approaching. After a crazy-long winter, it's time to get the kids unplugged and outside. We've been getting some serious inspiration from some outdoor adventurers who take their kids, and their cameras, wherever ...Laurie Mega
- Mobile Apps10 Apps for Parents to Monitor Kids' Mobile UseKids and mobile devices can be a scary mix. Whether your toddler is just starting to use your family tablet or your teen has a new smartphone of her own, check out the wide variety of apps and software — free and paid — that you can use to mo...Erin Dower
- AAP Says Interactive Screen Time Can Be HealthyWhen it comes to screen time and kids, it isn't all bad news. The American Academy of Pediatrics offers guidelines on how to make screen time healthy and educational.Curious World
- Family LifeDIY Kids' Room Renovation IdeasA kid’s room is more than a place to sleep. It’s an oasis where kids can let their imaginations run wild. Your kid’s room is the perfect place to let yourself get a little creative with the design. That’s why we’ve sleuthed out some of ...Rebecca Desfosse
- Easter10 Cute Easter Crafts for KidsEaster is almost here! If your family is anything like mine, Easter means a huge family gathering full of little ones. If you've got a whole bunch of kids descending on your house, these fun and easy Easter crafts will keep the kids entertain...
- EasterBeyond the Easter Bunny: 10 Other Famous RabbitsThe Easter Bunny gets all the press come springtime, but some other rabbits have made their mark in popular culture. We did a roundup of our favorite famous bunnies, just for fun. The White Rabbit (Alice in Wonderland) The White Rabbit is the...
- CampingCamping EssentialsCamping can be a fun and cheap family activity or vacation. But you do need quite a few supplies to manage life in the great outdoors. Find out what you'll need to pack for your next camping adventure, and remember to check with your campground t...Erin Dower
- Activities and CraftsTop 10 Rainy Day Activities for KidsIf you're like me, with two toddlers at home, a rainy day is enough to send you into a tailspin. No playground. No park. No bike rides. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO ALL DAY?! Before you go totally off the deep end, take a breath. We at FamilyEducation ...Laurie Mega
- Card GamesHow to Play HeartsHere are the rules to the card game of Hearts — a fun game to play on Valentine's Day, or any day! The Object of the Game Players don't want to end up with tricks containing hearts or the queen of spades, but they do want to end up with the j...Cindy Bond
- Kids18 for 2018: The Best of Netflix for KidsThere's a lot of great stuff for kids on Netflix, some that's easy to find and some that isn't. So, we'll help you find the good stuff. We've compiled our list of 18 must-see movies and shows on Netflix, some classics, some educational and some ...Laurie Mega
- Outdoor GamesTop 10 Backyard Party Games for All AgesLooking for some fun outdoor games to play at your next barbecue or family party? Good ol' fashioned group games — from sack races to cornhole and other toss games — are all the rage these days! So check out this list of our favorite old and ...Erin Dower
- Fact Monster - a safe online educational space for kids
Are you worried about your kids being online? Fact Monster is a KidSafe-certified site for your kids to get homework help, play games and watch educational videos. Check it out...and give Same Game a try yourself!
sponsored contentFamily Education
- Best Toys12 Classic Toys That Still RockStumped for gift ideas for your kids? Before you opt for the latest fad toy, consider one of these these 12 classic toys. Check your attic or grandma's basement before you buy these oldies but goodies! Mr. Potato Head When Mr. Potato Head debut...