popular topics in kids
- Back to School10 Tips to Get Your Kid Organized for Back to SchoolSummer vacation is almost over. It's time to start thinking about getting organized for back to school. Here are 10 tips to get you started. To read the full article click here. ...
- Travel and Vacations5 Reasons Why Disney's New Toy Story Land Is EverythingCourtesy Disney The much anticipated Toy Story Land is finally open at Disney's Hollywood Studios in Orlando, FL! Woody and Buzz fans have been dying to see what Disney would pull out of their magic sleeves for this park, and no one is disappoi...
- Kids and Cell PhonesCell Phones at School: Should They Be Allowed?Should cell phones be allowed in school? A 2010 Pew Research Center study found that 65 percent of cell-owning teens bring their phones to school despite any bans that may be in place. Most schools now allow students to have cell phones but requi...Maya Cohen
- Kids and TvBeat the Summer Slump With These 10 Learning Shows on NetflixI start every summer with the same declaration to my husband: "We're taking the kids on a million adventures this summer! No TV for those two!" Then comes a rainy day, or a 100-degree day, or a day when we are just too tired to plan anything. Ine...Laurie Mega
- Home Decorating4 Parents Who Gave Their Kids the Room of Their DreamsThe idea of allowing a child to design the bedroom of their dreams may sound scary to some, but for other parents, handing over the design idea presents a fun challenge. Here are four parents who transformed their children’s rooms based on prec...Erin Ollila
- KidsIt's Time to Start Protecting Your Whole Family's Privacy on Social MediaYou take a lot of precautions to make sure our kids are safe when they go online. You lock their devices with parental controls, monitor their social accounts and teach them basic online safety rules, like don't message anyone you don't know. B...Rebecca Desfosse
- Changes During PubertyI Need Help! Is my penis too small for my age?A 14-year-old wonders if his penis is too small for his age, and if he's developing too slowly. Our expert answers his questions. ...
- AAP Says Interactive Screen Time Can Be HealthyWhen it comes to screen time and kids, it isn't all bad news. The American Academy of Pediatrics offers guidelines on how to make screen time healthy and educational.Curious World
- KidsThis Is How One Parent Raises Their Gender-Neutral ChildRecently, a stranger referred to Anastasia Fujii's AMAB (assigned male at birth) child as a “little boy.” The three-year-old immediately responded, “I’m not a little boy… I’m [his name]!” Fujii is a psychotherapist and clinical soc...Rebecca Desfosse
- Summer CampRelax: There's Still Time to Make Sure Your Kids Are Happy Campers This SummerLast summer, it wasn’t until May that I realized my son would be out of school in less than a month with no summer programs to keep him busy while I worked. I panicked and ended up cobbling together a bunch of weekly camps (think: robotics camp...Rebecca Desfosse
- Birthday Party Themes12 Simple but Special Traditions for Your Child's BirthdayPlanning a picture-perfect, creative, straight-off-of-Pinterest birthday for your child is so last year (not to mention LOTS of work). The most meaningful and lasting birthday memories can come from simple gestures you repeat each year to make ...Erin Dower
- Talking About SexAn Age-by-Age Guide to Teaching Kids About "The Birds & The Bees"What should kids call their private parts? How do I explain where babies come from? Should I give my child a heads up about puberty? When should we have the "big talk"? These are just a few of the many questions you might have about talking with ...Erin Dower
- IndividualityI Did it All By Myself! An Age-by-Age Guide to Teaching Your Child Life SkillsAre you preparing your child to be independent? Teaching your child life skills is not only important for self-care and sufficiency— it also allows him to feel empowered, works on socialization and reasoning, and helps develop healthy self-este...Lindsay Hutton
- Gun SafetyImportant Playdate Question: “Are You a Gun Owner?”In the weeks following the horrific school shooting in Parkland, FL, gun control has been a hot-button topic of conversation in the media, online and in our own homes. It's a divisive issue, playing out into (sometimes ugly) debates. Still, guns ...Rachel Sokol
- Activities and CraftsTop 10 Rainy Day Activities for KidsIf you're like me, with two toddlers at home, a rainy day is enough to send you into a tailspin. No playground. No park. No bike rides. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO ALL DAY?! Before you go totally off the deep end, take a breath. We at FamilyEducation ...Laurie Mega
- BurnsFirst Aid for BurnsBurns are ugly, they hurt and they're scary. But they can be treated with simple first aid steps. In fact, they're the one injury that must be treated before medical help arrives. The fact is that burns, unless treated right away, will get worse...
- Fact Monster - a safe online educational space for kids
Are you worried about your kids being online? Fact Monster is a KidSafe-certified site for your kids to get homework help, play games and watch educational videos. Check it out...and give Same Game a try yourself!
sponsored contentFamily Education
- School ShootingsSocial Media and School Violence: Helping Kids Cope After ParklandIt's been more than a week since 19-year-old Nikolas Cruz opened fire at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, FL, killing 17 people and injuring 14 others. "My concern is this: Are kids equipped to deal with this content?" -- Dr. ...Laurie Mega