75 Royal Names for Girls
If you're expecting a little princess or queen, you may be looking for the perfect royal baby name for your little girl. If you dreamed of marrying Prince William (Lucky Kate Middleton!), you may already have some names from the House of Windsor on your list!
More: British Royal Names
Princess Charlotte has brought that classic name back into fashion, and what is more adorable than the name Eugenie, one of Prince Andrew's daughters and the granddaughter to a queen no less!
If the current royal family is embroiled in too much scandal, you might want to look back to names like Victoria or Catherine, two of the greatest female rulers Europe has ever seen!
No matter what era you're seeking a name from, we've compiled a list of 75 baby girl names perfect for your lady in waiting!
Royal Baby Girl Names from A-D
- Adela - German, noble, sincere, Adela of Normandy was the mother of King Stephen
- Aida - Ethiopian, princess
- Aiko - Japanese, beloved child, daughter of the Emperor of Japan
- Albertine - German, female version of Albert who was Queen Victoria’s husband
- Alexandra - Greek, feminine form of Alexander, defender of man
- Alice - German, noble, the first name of Princess Alice, Prince Philip's mother
- Ameerha - Arabic, princess, treetop, proverb, the name of one of the Princesses of Saudi royal family
- Amelia - German, work, name of Lady Amelia Windsor, member of the British royal family
- Anastasia - Greek, resurrection. Famous, legendary daughter of the last Russian Tsar who was rumored to survive the family’s mass execution.
- Anna - Hebrew, grace, a variation of Hannah. Former princess and now Queen of the fictional Arendelle. Another version of the name is Anne, used quite frequently in British royal families. The name of Prince Charles's sister
- Ariel - Hebrew, lion of God, name of the famous mermaid in the Disney adaptation of The Little Mermaid
- Arya - Sanskrit, noble, strong, Youngest daughter of the noble Stark family in Game of Thrones
- Athena - Greek, from Athens, the name of one of the princesses of Denmark
- Aurora - Latin, dawn, the first name of Sleeping Beauty
- Autumn - The fall season, first name of Princess Anne’s son’s wife
- Beatrice - Latin, she who brings happiness, blessed, one of Prince Andrew's daughters
- Belle - French, beautiful, the name in the Disney classic of the smart and witty commoner turned princess
- Bernice - Greek she who brings victory, ruler of a Roman providence from 39 B.C. to 92 A.D.
- Birgitte - Celtic, a form of Bridget, name of the Duchess of Gloucester
- Camilla - Latin, young ceremonial attendant, first name of the Duchess of Cornwall
- Caroline - French, a feminine version of Charles which means free man
- Catherine - Greek, pure. The chosen name of Sophia Anhalt-Zerbst, who later became Catherine the Great of Russia. It is also the Duchess of Cambridge's first name
- Charlene - French, another feminine version of Charles, wife of the Prince of Monaco
- Charlotte - French, a feminine version of Charles. The name of Prince William and Kate Middleton's oldest daughter
- Daenerys - Literary name for the famous Mother of Dragons and princess of the Targaryn family in Game of Thrones
- Diana - Latin, Divine. Name of the iconic Princess of Wales, Diana Spencer, and first wife of Prince Charles
Royal Baby Girl Names from E-L
- Eleanor - English/French, name of the famous Queen of Aquitaine and Mother to Richard the Lionhearted
- Elizabeth - Hebrew, pledged to God. The name of two Queens of England; Elizabeth II who is the longest-reigning English monarch and Elizabeth I who ruled for 44 years from 1558-1603
- Elsa - German version of Elizabeth and the name of the highly popular and fictional Queen of Arendelle
- Emma - German, universal, name of the Queen of Hawaii in the mid 1800’s
- Estelle - French, star, the first name of the young princess of Sweden
- Eugenie - Greek, wellborn. The name of one of Elizabeth II's granddaughters
- Fari - Wolof, The Queen
- Fiona - Scottish, white, fair, name of the fun princess from Shrek
- Gabriella - Italian, word of God, Lady Gabriella of Kent is a member of the British royal family
- Grace - English, virtue, the name of the famous Hollywood actress Grace Kelly turned Princess of Monaco
- Gwenyth - Welsh, name of an ancient Welsh kingdom
- Helen - Greek, light, name of the famous fictional Queen of Troy renowned for her beauty
- Helena - Greek, bright shining light, Queen Victoria and Prince Albert's daughter
- Ingrid - Norwegian, fair beautiful, the name of the Prince of Norway’s daughter
- Isabella - Spanish/Italian version of Elizabeth, pledged to God. Name of the famous Queen of Spain who financed Christopher Columbus.
- Isla - Scottish, island, the name of one of Elizabeth II’s great-grandchildren
- Jane - English, God is gracious, common English royal name, Jane Seymour was the mother of Henry VIII’s only son
- Jasmine - Persian, gift from God, the name of the iconic princess from Disney’s Aladdin
- Josephine - French, feminine version of Joseph, Jehovah increases, the name of one of the Princesses of Denmark
- Kennedy - Irish, one of the royal monikers of Ireland’s tribal kings, also the last name of the famous American “royal” political family of JFK
- Kiko - Japanese, be happy, rejoicing child, a Crown Princess of Japan
- Lena - Derived from several languages, it means light, the name of one of Elizabeth II’s great-grandchildren
- Louise - French, female version of Louis, a popular French King name, a renowned warrior, the first name of Prince Edward’s daughter
- Lucia - Italian, light, name of the Duchess of Genoa
Royal Baby Girl Names from M-Z
- Mako - Japanese, sincerity, niece of Emperor Naruhito
- Malia - Kiswahili, queen
- Margaret - Greek, pearl, the name of Queen Elizabeth II's younger sister
- Marie - French, sea of bitterness, name of the infamous Queen of France Marie Antionnette
- Marit - Aramaic, pearl, name of the wife of the Crown Prince of Norway
- Mary - Hebrew/Egyptian, drop of the sea, beloved. Mary is a name used quite frequently among royals and Queens. It was the first name of King George VI’s wife and the mother of Elizabeth II
- Masako - Japanese, proper child, Empress of Japan
- Maud - German, battle-mighty, name of the one of the earliest queens of England, also the first name of a former Queen of Norway
- Meghan - Welsh, pearl. Love her or hate her, Meghan is the first name of Prince Harry’s wife, the Duchess of Sussex
- Mia - Italian, mine, bitter, name one of Elizabeth II’s great-granddaughters
- Noor - Arabic/Dutch - light, name of the former Queen of Jordan
- Olga - Russia, holy, one of the daughters of the last Tsar of Russia
- Oriaku - Nigerian, Princess
- Phillipa - Greek, feminine version of Philip. Philippa Gregory is one of the most famous authors of royal historical fiction.
- Rosalind - Latin, pretty rose, name of Princess Diana’s great-grandmother
- Rose - Latin, a flower, the middle name of Princess Margaret, also one of the great royal tudor families, the House of Roses
- Sarah - Hebrew, princess, first name of the Duke of York’s former wife
- Savannah - Spanish, flat, tropical grassland, the name of one of Elizabeth II’s great-grandchildren
- Sibylla - Greek, oracle, name of the Princess of Albany
- Sophie - French, wisdom, first name of the Countess of Wessex
- Tiana - Slavic, fairy queen, the name of the Disney heroine in The Princess and the Frog
- Victoria - Latin, victory. The name of the second longest-ruling Queen of England
- Xena - Greek, guest, the name of the fictional action hero Xena Princess Warrior
- Zara - Arabic, blooming flower, God remembers. The first name of Princess Anne’s daughter.
- Zauditu - Ethiopian, She is the crown
For more baby name inspiration check out these popular baby name lists:
- Top 1000 Most Popular Baby Girl Names in the U.S.
- Top 1000 Most Popular Baby Boy Names in the U.S.
- The 100 Coolest Baby Names in the World
Considering one of these names? Pin it to save it for later:
Was this article helpful?
About L. Elizabeth Forry
L. Elizabeth Forry is an Early Childhood Educator with 15 years of classroom experience.