Girl name origins & meanings
- Hebrew : Princess, lady
- Arabic, Swahili : White; flowers
- Hebrew, Arabic : Dawn; princess
Girl name variations
Family name origins & meanings
- Italian : habitational name from the Italian name for the city of Zadar on the Dalmatian coast in former Yugoslavia.
- Italian : in Sicily, possibly from a variant of zagara, zagra,zaara ‘orange flower’, or, in Venezia, possibly a variant ofZadra.
- Spanish : probably a metronymic from the female personal name Sara, Zara (see Sara).
- Basque : topographic name from Basque zara ‘wood’, ‘thicket’.