75 Baby Names That Mean Rebirth or New Beginnings
Looking for a name meaning 'rebirth' or 'new beginnings' to mark this next chapter in your life? Here are 75 names to represent a new beginning for you and your baby.
Whether you are looking for a fresh start or a new beginning, I think we can all agree that the birth of a new baby is the start of something new and exciting! If you are already a parent or if you are expecting your first child, you'll want to find the perfect name for them.
This list contains names from many different languages and origins that all mean generally the same thing; rebirth and new beginnings. These baby names signify hope and optimism or even affirm your faith in life. They are all unique and beautiful. Plus, there are names for boys and girls, including unisex names as well.
Baby Girl Names That Mean Rebirth/New Beginnings A-K
- Alba - Spanish and Italian for "sunrise" or "dawn."
- Amaryllis - Greek for "new and sparkling"Amaryllis is the name of a beautiful flower.
- Anastasia - Greek for "resurrection."
- Aurora - Greek for "goddess of the dawn." Aurora is also the name of the Disney princess Sleeping Beauty.
- Avril - Latin for "blooming." Also, Latin for the month of April which is known as the month of rebirth.
- Aviva - A name of Hebrew origin that means "springtime."
- Beeja - Hindi for "the beginning."
- Chae-Won - Korean name when combined means "collect" and "beginning."
- Chava - Hebrew for "life" and also the Hebrew name for Eve, the first woman created by God.
- Chloe - Greek name meaning "verdant and blooming" Chloe is one of the many names for Demeter, who is the goddess of the young plants that bloom in Spring.
- Dagny - Scandinavian for "new day."
- Dawn - English for "daybreak."
- Eos - The name of the Greek goddess of the dawn.
- Fatiha - Arabic for "opening" or "beginning."
- Iola - Greek for "violet dawn."
- Kady - Irish for "first."
- Kia/Kiah - Welsh for "start of the season."
Baby Girl Names That Mean Rebirth/New Beginnings N-Z
- Nasima - Arabic for "fresh air."
- Navika - Derived from the Indian word for "new."
- Neoma - Greek for "new moon."
- Nyssa - Greek for "goal" or "beginning."
- Odoti - Gujarati for "dawn."
- Oriana - French name for "sunrise" and "dawn."
- Renata - Latin for "reborn" and French for "born again."
- Roxanna - A variant of the Persian name "Roxanne" and it means "dawn."
- Sahar - Arabic for "just before dawn."
- Senara - The name of a Cornish saint that means "one who brings light."
- Usha - Hindu for "dawn."
- Wahuj - A Muslim name with Urdi origin that means "new beginning" or "first light of day."
- Winona - Native American for "firstborn daughter."
- Zelenka - Czech for "new," "green" or "fresh."
- Zera - Hebrew for "seed" or "beginning."
- Zerlinda - Hebrew name for "beautiful dawn."
Baby Boy Names That Mean Rebirth/New Beginnings A-I
- Aadi - Sanskrit for "first."
- Abel - Hebrew for "breath."
- Altan - Turkish for "red dawn."
- Amil - Arabic for "hope" or "new beginnings."
- Anatole - Greek for "rising sun."
- Ankur - Hindi for "new life."
- Arata - Japanese for "fresh" or "new."
- Arun - Hindi for "dawn."
- Asier - A name of Spanish origin that means "the beginning."
- Avil - German for "bird."
- Brahma - Hindu for "creator of the universe."
- Dagian - An English origin name meaning "dawn."
- Fajr - Arabic for "dawn."
- Fresco - Italian for "fresh."
- Inizio - Italian for "beginning."
- Irvin - Gaelic for "fresh water."
Baby Boy Names That Mean Rebirth/New Beginnings J-Z
- Janmay - Italian for "new beginnings" and Indian for "newborn."
- Janus - Janus is the Roman God of beginnings and gateways.
- Navin - Indian for "new."
- Neander - Greek for "new man."
- Neo - Latin for "new."
- Novak - Slavic for "a newcomer to newly cleared land."
- Oighrig - Scottish Gaelic for "new speckled one."
- Ordell - English for "beginning."
- Raanan - Hebrew for "fresh."
- Rohit - Sanskrit for "first red rays of the sun."
- Sahar - Hebrew for "dawn."
- Shinichi - Japanese for "first" or "truth."
- Tadesse - Amharic for "renewed."
- Urien - Celtic and Welsh for "privileged birth."
- Vihaan - Sanskrit for "morning, dawn."
- Zoran - Slavic for "the beginning light."
- Zorro - Slavic for "golden dawn" or "daybreak."
Unisex Names That Mean Rebirth/New Beginnings
- Genesis - Hebrew for "origin."
- Kit - Greek for "bearer of Christ."
- Mika - Japanese for "new moon."
- Nouvel - French for "new" or "young."
- Nova - Latin for "new."
- Phoenix - A mythical Greek bird that represents reincarnation.
- Renee/Rene - French for "reborn."
- Tan - Vietnamese for "a new start."
- Torny - Norse for "new."
For more baby name inspiration check out these popular baby name lists:
- Top 1000 Most Popular Baby Girl Names in the U.S.
- Top 1000 Most Popular Baby Boy Names in the U.S.
- The 100 Coolest Baby Names in the World
Considering one of these names? Pin it to save it for later:
Was this article helpful?