Girl name origins & meanings
- Spanish : Beautiful
- Hebrew : God's oath; dedicated
Girl name variations
Family name origins & meanings
- Italian (Bellé) : from a reduced derivative of Bello, for example Belletto.
- French : from Belle meaning ‘beautiful’. In medieval times this epithet was often combined with a baptismal name, e.g. Bellemarie.
- German : habitational name from a place so named in the Lippe district.
- German spelling of Slovenian Bele, nickname denoting a fair-haired or pale-skinned person, a derivative of bel ‘white’, ‘light’, ‘fair’, formed with the suffix -e, typically denoting a young person.