75 Superhero Names for Your Little Wonder
If you’re looking to give your little one a superhero name, you’re in luck. Here are the top superhero names for boys, girls, and gender-neutral options.
Updated December 31, 2022
If you’re an avid comic book fan, or just looking for a name that signifies strength and courage, take inspiration from this extensive list of superhero names. From classics to alter egos to superheroes and superheroines, there’s something for everyone.
As Jennifer Moss, CEO and Founder of Babynames.com, suggests, both parents should be involved in the naming process, from brainstorming to vetoing. If you’re the superhero lover make sure your partner has a say in the pros and cons associated with each name choice.
Superhero Names for Girls
- Anna - Anna Marie, better known as Rogue started as a villain but soon joined the X-Men. She is a Southern belle who has a wonderful personality, making it a great superheroine name for your little one.
- Aurora - A character from X-Men, Aurora is known for her ability to bend and manipulate light and help fight off bad guys. This power lady provides us with a strong name for your little wonder.
- Barbara - Batgirl’s alter-ego, Barbara, is known for her computer skills and tech-savvy genius, important skills for a modern-day girl.
- Blossom - The leader of the Powerpuff Girls, known for being strong and determined, Blossom signifies strength that any girl is lucky to have.
- Carol - Perhaps better known as Captain Marvel, Carol is more than just a superhero, she is known for her intelligence, aptitude and strength, all incredible assets for a role model for your little girl.
- Diana - Diana is Wonder Woman’s real name, one of the most popular female superheroes out there.
- Donna - The original Wonder Girl and one of the first Teen Titans, Donna is a name meaning “lady”, keeping your little wonder feeling sophisticated and brave.
- Emma - From the X-Men, Emma is the name of the White Queen. Originally a villain, her decision to turn good is an admirable attribute for a little girl's name.
- Gwen - Gwen Stacey was bitten by a radioactive spider and became Spider-Woman, similar to Peter Parker. She can climb walls and use her ‘spider sense’ to avoid dangerous situations, making her a strong female superhero to name your little one after.
- Ivy - Poison Ivy, or Pamela, toes the line between hero and villain. Being immune to all poisons, viruses and bacteria would make her pretty popular today! If you’re looking for something a little more unique, Ivy is a pretty name for a girl.
- Jade - The daughter of Green Lantern, Jade is a founding member of Infinity, Inc. Her powers and light come from a star-shaped birthmark on her palm, perhaps an important lesson that not all beauty marks are something to hide.
- Jean - Jean Grey has superhuman powers and is perhaps one of the most powerful X-Men. Known for her telepathic powers, Jean is a name that signifies strength, complexity and power.
- Kara - Born as Kara, Supergirl is known for her super strength and super speed. She is bright and bubbly and a little awkward, traits your daughter might be able to relate to as she gets older.
- Katherine/Kate - Better known as Batwoman, Kate is a superhero known for her brilliance, strength and martial arts abilities. She is a wonderful role model for your little one to be named after.
- Katherine/Kitty - Another Katherine, this time from X-Men, Kitty is a mutant who can pass through solid materials. She signifies many leadership qualities, something important for a girl to look up to.
- Kimberly - Kimberly is known as the Pink Ranger and calls upon her Pterodactyl Megazord to defeat her enemies with the other Power Rangers. She is a pink and girly superhero your daughter will surely look up to.
- Mera - Queen of the sea, Mera started as a character in Aquaman. Not a common name, we love the meaning behind this one and that it is a name that will stand out.
- Munroe - Better known as Storm from X-Men, Ororo Munroe is a well-known leader and is a strong name that will help your little wonder take the world by storm.
- Natasha - One of the Avengers, known as the Black Widow, Natasha is a pretty name that comes with strength and passion.
- Pamela - Poison Ivy, or Pamela, toes the line between hero and villain. Being immune to all poisons, viruses and bacteria would make her pretty popular today!
- Raven - A pretty and unusual name, Raven is not just a bird, but Raven Darkhölme, or Mystique from X-Men. This shapeshifter is a mysterious and compelling character giving us a pretty cool name for a little girl.
- Selina - Selina, better known as Catwoman, is known for her intelligence, compassion and strength, all wonderful attributes for your little wonder.
- Stacey - Gwen Stacey was bitten by a radioactive spider and became Spider-Woman, similar to Peter Parker. She can climb walls and use her ‘spider sense’ to avoid dangerous situations, making her a strong female superhero to name your little one after.
- Susan - One of the founding members of the Fantastic Four, Susan or Invisible Woman, is the name of the first female superhero created by Marvel. She is a strong lady holding her own among mostly men, ,making Susan a name that signifies strength and independence.
- Trini - The Sabertooth Tiger Megazord that has great speed and agility. Trini, the Yellow Power Ranger, uses this as well as her metal sai’s to protect the people of Earth. She is a fierce protector your daughter will aspire to be like.
- Virginia - Virginia “Pepper” Potts moves from Tony Stark’s (Iron Man) love interest into a hero of her own. We love the idea of naming a girl after a strong female character.
- Xena - If you’re looking for something special and unique, Xena the Warrior Princess would be a great name choice for your little wonder. This is a Greek name with a pretty ring to it.
Superhero Names for Boys
- Allen - Barry Allen, or the Flash, known for his super speed and ability to warp time, is a socially awkward but charming man. Allen would make a great name for your little one with hidden superhero meaning.
- Arthur - Arthur, better known as Aquaman, is a strong superhero name, particularly if water or marine life is important to your family.
- Barry - Barry Allen, or the Flash, known for his super speed and ability to warp time, is a socially awkward but charming man, Barry is a great superhero name for your little wonder.
- Ben - If you’re looking for something a little more modern, Ben 10 is a great animated superhero that would make a well known name for your little wonder. This 10-year-old boy gets into typical mischief as he discovers 10 different heros he can transform into.
- Billy - Most superheroes are grown-ups, but Billy Batson is actually a young boy! He transforms into his magical alter ego, Shazam, by yelling out his own name, “Shazam!” Kids will love having the same name as a superhero that is relatable and young.
- Bishop - Lucas Bishop is a time-traveling character from X-Men. If you’re looking for something a little less popular than Lucas, Bishop would make an excellent choice for your little superhero.
- Bruce - Bruce Wayne aka Batman, known for his wealth, strength and intelligence, the name Bruce will give your little wonder many positive attributes to live up to.
- Charles - Professor X, or Charles Xavier is the leader of the Mutants in X-Men. Known for his intelligence, compassion and desire to help others, Professor X makes a wonderful role model.
- Clark - Ranked #387 in popularity for U.S Births, Clark is also made famous by Clark Kent, or Superman. Clark himself is known for being goofy and a little clumsy, many things your boy may find himself relating to, but also a brave and heroic man behind a mask.
- Clint - From the Avengers, Clint or Hawkeye, is an introverted but logical character. He would make a great role model for your little wonder.
- Danny - The Iron Fist, or Danny Rand, is powerful through hardwork and dedication, a super power was not just handed to him. This makes a great lesson and role model for your little one.
- Dash - Made popular by Disney’s The Incredibles, Dash is the little boy who will positively capture the attention and admiration of your little wonder.
- Don - Don, Donnie, or Donatello, the purple Ninja Turtle, is known for his intelligence, peaceful nature and love of science. Even though he isn’t afraid to defend himself and his brothers, Donnie’s desire to resolve conflict is a great attribute for any little boy to look up to.
- Grayson - With rising popularity, the name Grayson currently ranks #32 on our Top Names for Boys in 2020 chart. Made famous by Dick Grayson, or Robin, from Batman.
- James - James Rhodes’ alter ego is War Machine, a superhero with metallic armor just like Iron Man. James is a close friend of Tony Stark and is known for his heroism and patriotism as well as being Iron Man’s sidekick, many attributes a young man will look up to.
- Jason - The Power Rangers are a superhero team that uses powerful suits of armor and giant dinosaur robots called Megazords to protect the Earth. Jason, the Red Power Ranger and leader of the team, represents the Tyrannosaurus Rex. If you think your son will love dinosaurs and have leadership qualities, Jason is a great name.
- Jonathan - Jonathan Samuel Kent, the son of Clark Kent and Lois Lane, also known as Superboy. This is perhaps a more relatable superhero for young children due to his age, still a great name for your little one.
- Leonardo - The blue Ninja Turtle, a level headed leader of the pack, Leonardo is the leader of the superhero mutant turtles.
- Lucas - Lucas Bishop, a time-traveling character from X-Men. Lucas is currently ranked #8 in U.S births, a popular name with a cool superhero connotation.
- Matt - The Dare Devil is a blind superhero who relies on his heightened senses of sound and hearing to fight crime. His real name is Matt Murdock and he works as a lawyer during the day as well. This is a name with a great lesson behind it, you can overcome any disability and still be a superhero.
- Max - Max Eisenhardt, also known as Magneto from X-Men, is known for his powerful ability to control magnetic fields, a pretty cool superpower for those interested in science. Max also makes a great nickname for names such as Maxwell, Maximus and Maximillian.
- Mike - Mike, or Michelangelo, the orange Ninja Turtle, is goofy and mischievous, but still able to step up to the plate when needed.
- Oliver - Oliver is already a widely popular name, made even more so by Oliver Jonas Queen, or The Green Arrow.
- Parker - Peter Parker, better known as Spider Man, is known for his soft demeanor, kindness and loyalty, a wonderful role model for a little boy. If you’re looking for something slightly more unique than Peter, Parker also makes a great first name.
- Peter - Peter Parker, better known as Spider Man, is known for his soft demeanor, kindness and loyalty, a wonderful role model for a little boy.
- Raphael - The Red Ninja Turtle, Raphael is loyal to a fault and quick to temper. Also known as a biblical name, Raphael could be a good choice for your little wonder.
- Reed - Dr. Reed Richards is one of the most intelligent beings on the planet, otherwise known as Mr. Fantastic of the Fantastic Four. If you think your little one will have an interest in science and biology, Reed is a great choice for a superhero name.
- Robert - Robert Bruce Banner, well known as The Hulk, is known for his intelligence and superhuman strength. Many little boys will look up to the Hulk and aspire to be like him.
- Samuel - Jonathan Samuel Kent, the son of Clark Kent and Lois Lane, also known as Superboy. This is perhaps a more relatable superhero for young children due to his age, still a great name for your little one.
- Scott - Scott Lang aka Ant-man is an ant-sized superhero ready to take on the world. This name is a good lesson for us all that size doesn’t matter when it comes to superheroes.
- Stephen - Dr. Stephen Strange is known for being extroverted, assertive and intelligent, many attributes that your little wonder may aspire to have.
- Steve - Steve Rogers is more widely known as Captain America. When you think of Captain America, justice and fairness come to mind, great qualities for a little boy to look up to.
- Tommy - Originally a villain, the Green Power Ranger eventually became an ally to the Power Rangers with his Green Dragonzord. Tommy was a fearless hero who became a strong leader for the team, a great quality for young boys to look up to.
- Tony - Iron Man, or Tony Stark, is well known for his bravery and perseverance, great qualities for a young man. Tony is a strong name that is sure to provide your little wonder with a great foundation.
- Victor - Victor Stone is simply known as Cyborg, a half man and half machine who has superhuman strength, speed, and stamina. All great qualities that this strong name can inspire.
- Wade - Wade Winston, popularly known as Deadpool, flaunts his marksmanship, stamina and agility, a character your little wonder can easily aspire to be.
- Wayne - Bruce Wayne aka Batman, known for his wealth, strength and intelligence, the name Wayne is a great spin, and will give your little wonder many positive attributes to live up to.
- Xavier - Professor X, or Charles Xavier is the leader of the Mutants in X-Men. Known for his intelligence, compassion and desire to help others, Professor X makes a wonderful role model. Xavier is currently a popular name choice worldwide and ranks #91 in U.S births.
- Zack - Another member of the Power Rangers, Zach is the Black Ranger who uses the power of the Mastodon to help fight against evil doers. This is another strong superhero name that is perfect for a little boy.
Gender-Neutral Superhero Names
- Britt - Britt is a great gender-neutral name, whether a nickname (Brittany or Britton) or as it’s own name. It was made famous by Britt Reid, or the Green Hornet.
- Harley - Currently rated as #273 in popularity for U.S births, Harley is a gender-neutral name made famous by Harley Quinn and Harley Keener.
- Hayden - The daughter of Green Lantern, Jennifer-Lynn Hayden is a founding member of Infinity, Inc. Her powers and light come from a star-shaped birthmark on her palm. We like the name Hayden for both males and females; it makes a great superhero name for your little one.
- Jaime - Jaime can be used for both males and females. We like it because of Jaime Sommers, or the Bionic Woman, A woman with superhuman strength who uses her abilities to fight crime.
- Jordan - Hal Jordan, or the Green Lantern, would make a great gender-neutral name.
- Logan - Logan is a gender-neutral name that is currently one of the most popular names for boys, and well known for Wolverine’s alias in X-Men.
- Quinn - Made famous by Harley Quinn, we like Quinn for something a little more unique, yet still very popular for a gender neutral-name on the Baby Names popularity charts.
- Remy - A good gender-neutral choice, Remy LeBeau, or Gambit, is an X-Men known for his explosive energy and sometimes sticky fingers.
- Robin - A gender-neutral name that would work for any child, Robin of Batman and Robin is likely to become a household name! Robin is not only known for intelligence and strength but also his hacker abilities. perhaps you will have a tech-savvy little one down the line!
For more baby name inspiration check out these popular baby name lists:
- Top 1000 Most Popular Baby Girl Names in the U.S.
- Top 1000 Most Popular Baby Boy Names in the U.S.
- The 100 Coolest Baby Names in the World
Considering one of these names? Pin it to save it for later:
Was this article helpful?