75 Nonbinary Names and Gender-Neutral Options For Baby Names
Are you looking for a nonbinary name for either yourself or your child? Our list of 75 nonbinary names can help you get started! A non-binary or enby name is typically chosen by people who do not identify as male or female. Gender is a fluid spectrum, and having a choice of gender-neutral names that reflect identity is important.
Nonbinary people may also choose to identify as genderfluid, agender, genderqueer, or enby. They may feel as if they are a mix of genders, or that they do not conform to any gender at all. A person’s sex is determined at birth by their biological body parts, but their gender is a social construct that can be chosen and reflect what a person knows they are.
When looking for a nonbinary or unisex name, people may try to avoid names that are typically identified as boys’ names or girls’ names. They might look for a name meaning that speaks to who they are. A given name or birth name that is more known as a masculine or feminine name may be modified or changed completely. Some may also choose to reclaim a middle name as a first name if it feels like more of a fit with their identity.
Here are 75 nonbinary names to consider:
Nonbinary Names and Gender-Neutral Options For Baby Names A-D)
- Addison - Addison means Child of Adam, but it can also be spelled in various ways to make it more unique such as Addisyn, Adison, Adyson, or Addyson.
- Alec - It means defender of the people and has both Greek and English origins.
- Alexis - It means helper or defender and is of Greek origin.
- Allyn - It means precious and is of Gaelic origin.
- Aly - An Arabic name for high or elevated.
- Andi - Although it means manly, it is a unisex name.
- Ariel - This Hebrew name means lion of God.
- Asher - This Hebrew name means blessed or happy.
- Ashton - This American unisex name means ash tree town.
- Aspen - This American name means quaking tree.
- Avery - This French name means elf king.
- Bai - This Chinese name means pure.
- Bao - This Vietnamese name means treasure.
- Beck - This Germanic name means brook or stream.
- Caelan - This Gaelic name means eternal warrior.
- Carlin - This Gaelic name means little champion.
- Cass - This Persian name means treasurer or clever.
- Dale - This Old English name means valley.
- Dakota - This Sioux name means friend or ally.
- Delaney - This Irish name means dark challenger.
Nonbinary Names and Gender-Neutral Options For Baby Names E-L
- Eli - This Hebrew name means high or elevated.
- Elisha - This Old German name means noble.
- Emery - This German name means home strength.
- Everly - This English name means wild boar in a woodland clearing.
- Fable - This Latin name means tale or legend.
- Faer - This name means traveler.
- Finn - This Irish derived name means fair.
- Forest - This English name means woods.
- Frankie - This American name means free or truthful.
- Gael - A Welsh name meaning Gaelic.
- Gideon - A Hebrew name meaning great warrior.
- Gray - An Old English name meaning gray haired.
- Harper - An English, Scottish, and Irish name meaning a harp player.
- Hayden - An English name meaning fire.
- Henley - An Old English name meaning high meadow.
- Hollis - An Old English name meaning the holly tree.
- Iceland - An Old Norse name meaning island or good fortune.
- Indigo - A Greek name meaning Indian dye.
- Isa - A Hebrew name meaning salvation of God.
- Jace - An American name meaning to heal.
- Jay - From a Latin name meaning to rejoice.
- Jayden - A Hebrew name meaning thankful.
- Jazz - An American name referencing the style of music.
- Jennis - An American name meaning God is gracious.
- Jody - A Hebrew name meaning Jehovah increases.
- Kami - A Japanese name meaning Lord.
- Karmen - A Spanish name meaning fruitful orchard.
- Kendall - An Old English name meaning the Kent River valley.
- Kinsey - An Old English name meaning the king’s victory.
- Lei - A Chinese name meaning flower bud.
- Lyric - An English name meaning words of a song.
Nonbinary Names and Gender-Neutral Options For Baby Names M-Z
- Maple - An English name meaning lived by a maple tree.
- Marley - An English name meaning pleasant seaside meadow.
- Myler - This name references a Welsh surname originally.
- Nasen - An enby name suggested on Tumblr.
- Nox - A Latin name meaning night.
- Oakley - An Old English name meaning meadow of oak trees.
- Olev - An Estonian name meaning ancestor’s descendant.
- Pax - A Latin name meaning peaceful.
- Peyton or Payton - An English name meaning fighting man’s estate.
- Penn - An Old English name meaning enclosure or hill.
- Phoenix - A Greek name meaning deep red.
- Quael - An enby name suggested on Tumblr.
- Rae - A Hebrew name meaning ewe or female sheep.
- Robin - An Old Germanic name meaning fame and bright.
- Roux - A Latin name meaning russet.
- Rowan - An Arabic name meaning a river in paradise.
- Skylar - An English name meaning noble scholar.
- Sydney - An Old English name meaning wide meadow.
- Teraven - An enby name suggested on Tumblr.
- Urith - A Hebrew name meaning brightness.
- Vere - An English name meaning alder.
- Vix - A derivative name of Victoria.
- Wyesh - This name has astrological connections.
- Xen - This name could reference a form of Buddhism or a Greek name meaning stranger.
For more baby name inspiration check out these popular baby name lists:
- Top 1000 Most Popular Baby Girl Names in the U.S.
- Top 1000 Most Popular Baby Boy Names in the U.S.
- The 100 Coolest Baby Names in the World
Considering one of these names? Pin it to save it for later: