Boy name origins & meanings
- Old English : From the oak meadow
What Does Oakley Mean and Stand For?
The name Oakley means "from the oak meadow." This Old English name originated as a last name, but became a popular fist name over time. It is great name for babies of any gender.
Family name origins & meanings
- English : habitational name from any of the numerous places in southern and central England named with the Old English elements āc ‘oak’ + lēah ‘wood’, ‘clearing’.
What Does the Name Oakley Mean?
Oakley is a gender-neutral name of English origin, meaning "from the oak meadow." In recent years, the name Oakley has been on the rise for both boys and girls, jumping up the baby name charts.
How Popular is the Name Oakley?
Oakley is the #193 most popular girls' name and #403 most popular boys' name in the U.S., according to 2021 Social Security Administration data. It has been gaining rapid popularity on both charts, first appearing in the top 1,000 in 2011.
Oakley ranks #4 on FamilyEducation.com.
According to Google search data analysis, in the last five years Oakley was at its peak popularity in August 2019.
Popularity of the Name Oakley in the United States
Oakley was searched for most often in the following states:
Famous People Named Oakley and Oakley in Pop Culture
Famous Oakley's include American novelist Oakley Hall.
Annie Oakley was an American sharpshooter who starred in Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show in 1993.
Tyler Oakley is a famous YouTuber.
Pairs Well with These Middle Names
- The Ultimate Guide to the Top Autumn Baby Names
- Our Favorite Nature Names to Inspire Your Baby Name Search
- 75 Plant-Inspired Names
- This Year's Top Baby Unisex Names
- 75 Surfer Names for Your Water