Girl name origins & meanings
- Chinese : Flower bud
Boy name origins & meanings
- Irish : The narrows; a place where cattle graze; a wood; a church
- Scottish : From a narrow strait; the name of a Scottish region
- Chinese : Thunder
Boy name variations
How Popular Is The Name Lei
Family name origins & meanings
- Chinese : said to be from a modified form of the name of Lei Zu, principal wife of the legendary emperor Huang Di (2697–2595 bc) and the first woman to be designated empress.
- Chinese : Cantonese variant of Li 1.
- Dutch : nickname for a lazy person, from Middle Dutch lei ‘lazy’.