Meaning and Origin of: Lei
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
Girl name origins & meanings:
- Chinese : Flower bud
Boy name origins & meanings:
- Irish : The narrows; a place where cattle graze; a wood; a church
- Scottish : From a narrow strait; the name of a Scottish region
- Chinese : Thunder
Boy name variations
Family name origins & meanings:
- Chinese : said to be from a modified form of the name of Lei Zu, principal wife of the legendary emperor Huang Di (2697–2595 bc) and the first woman to be designated empress.
- Chinese : Cantonese variant of Li 1.
- Dutch : nickname for a lazy person, from Middle Dutch lei ‘lazy’.