Girl name origins & meanings
- Arabic : Beloved
- Hebrew : Regal woman
- Irish : Narrow land; handsome
Girl name variations
Boy name origins & meanings
- Irish : The narrows; a place where cattle graze; a wood; a church
- Scottish : From a narrow strait; the name of a Scottish region
Family name origins & meanings
- Scottish and northern Irish : regional name from a district in Ayrshire called Kyle, named for the British chieftains who ruled it in the 5th century, the Coel Hen.
- Scottish and northern Irish : habitational name from any of the numerous Scottish places named Kyle from Gaelic caol ‘narrow’, also caolas ‘narrows’, ‘strait’. Compare Kyles.