Meaning and Origin of: Kyle
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
Girl name origins & meanings:
- Arabic : Beloved
- Hebrew : Regal woman
- Irish : Narrow land; handsome
Girl name variations
Boy name origins & meanings:
- Irish : The narrows; a place where cattle graze; a wood; a church
- Scottish : From a narrow strait; the name of a Scottish region
Boy name variations
Family name origins & meanings:
- Scottish and northern Irish : regional name from a district in Ayrshire called Kyle, named for the British chieftains who ruled it in the 5th century, the Coel Hen.
- Scottish and northern Irish : habitational name from any of the numerous Scottish places named Kyle from Gaelic caol ‘narrow’, also caolas ‘narrows’, ‘strait’. Compare Kyles.