Boy name origins & meanings
- Gaelic : Cloak; Lover
What Does Lennon Mean and Stand For?
The name Lennon is an Irish Gaelic name meaning both "cloak" and "lover."
Boy name variations
How Popular Is The Name Lennon
Family name origins & meanings
- Irish : reduced Anglicized form of Gaelic Ó Leannáin ‘descendant of Leannán’, a byname meaning ‘little cloak’ (less likely, ‘sweetheart’).
- Irish : reduced Anglicized form of Gaelic Ó Lonáin ‘descendant of Lonán’, a personal name from a diminutive of lon ‘blackbird’.
Famous people with this last name
What Does the Name Lennon Mean?
Lennon is a gender-neutral name of Irish Gaelic origin meaning "cloak" and "lover." Originally a last name, Lennon has gained popularity as a first name after the legendary Beatle John Lennon.
Lennon is particularly popular amongst girls, perhaps due to the fame of Lennon Stella, singer and star of the TV show Nashville.
How Popular is the Name Lennon?
Lennon is the #236 most popular girls' name and #670 most popular boys' name in the U.S., according to 2021 Social Security Administration data. It has been rising in popularity each year on both charts.
However, Lennon ranks #3 on FamilyEducation.com.
According to Google search data analysis, in the last five years the name Lennon was at its peak popularity in December 2020.
Popularity of the Name Lennon in the United States
Lennon was searched for most often in the following states:
- New York
- New Jersey
Famous People Named Lennon and Lennon in Pop Culture
The name Lennon is most commonly associated with John Lennon, late member of The Beatles.
Other famous Lennon's include singer Lennon Stella, and actresses Lennon Parham and Lennon Wynn.
Pairs Well with These Middle Names
- 75 Inspirational Names for Babies
- 75 Badass Boy Names (With Meanings) for Your Little Rebel
- 75 Creative Baby Names for Your Little One
- 75 Unique Unisex Names for Your Little Bundle of Joy
- 106 Adorable Alliterative Baby Names You'll Want to Steal