Boy name origins & meanings
- Scottish : Amid the elms; from the field of elm trees
What does Lennox mean and stand for?
The name Lennox is of Scottish origin and means "among the elms." It is derived from a district in Scotland named Leamhnachd.
Family name origins & meanings
- Scottish and northern Irish : habitational name from the district near Dumbarton, recorded in 1174 in the form Leuenaichs and in the following year as Levenax. Apparently it is named from Gaelic leamhan ‘elm’ + the locative suffix -ach + English -s.
Famous people with this last name
Famous people who gave their babies this name
What Does the Name Lennox Mean?
The name Lennox is a gender-neutral name of Scottish origin and means "elm grove." The name has been around for some time, but has found new life.
How Popular is the Name Lennox?
Lennox is the number 254 most popular boys name in the US, according to 2021 Social Security Administration data. Since reappearing on the charts in 2007, Lennox has dramatically increased in popularity over the last decade.
However, it is the 3rd most popular name on FamilyEducation.com.
Popularity of the Name Lennox in the United States
According to Google search data analysis, in the last five years Lennox was at its peak popularity in November 2019.
Lennox was searched for most often in the following states:
- South Dakota
Famous People Named Lennox and Lennox in Pop Culture
Around for many centuries, Lennox regained new life with Olympian Lennox Claudius Lewis. Other notable namesakes include runner Lennox Miller, composer Lennox Randal Francis Berkeley, and various celebrity children. Lennox has also appeared in Macbeth, Bad Girls, and Transformers.
Pairs Well with These Middle Names
- 106 Adorable Alliterative Baby Names You'll Want to Steal
- 75 Tree Names (and Meanings) to Inspire Your Baby Name Search
- The Ultimate Guide to the Top Autumn Baby Names
- 75 Shakespeare Names for Your Baby Name Inspiration