75 Badass Boy Names (With Meanings) for Your Little Rebel
Everyone loves a bad boy, or so they say, so if you have a little guy on the way, why not consider a quintessential badass name? Being badass isn’t about breaking the rules or being the tough guy; instead, it’s all about marching to the beat of your own drum.
Don’t confuse being badass with only being manly and strong because badass boys can also be artistic, sensitive, and caring. What makes someone badass is their willingness to stand up for what they believe in and do what feels right to them, come what may.
Badass boys are unique, strong-willed, creative, and non-conformist, and that’s why we love them. So to help you on your quest to name your future rebel, we’ve compiled a list of 75 badass boy names taken straight from the pages of history, literature, and film. Use this list as inspiration to find the perfect badass baby name for your little one.
Badass Boy Names (With Meanings) from A-E
- Aera - Hindu. Lion.
- Alonso - Spanish. Battle ready. Ready to fight.
- Apollo - Greek. Destroyer. Apollo is the god of light, music, and poetry in Greek mythology, and he drives a chariot across the sky; that’s pretty badass.
- Archer - English/Anglo Saxon. A bowman or an archer.
- Arnold - German. Eagle ruler. Imperious ruler. When we say Arnold, we think of Schwarzenegger.
- Arthur - Welsh. Bear-like. Hero. The legendary king from the tales of Camelot.
- Axel - Scandinavian. This name means my father is peace, not the most badass definition; however, the lead singer of Guns n Roses is 100% badass.
- Aziz - Arabic. This unique name means strong and powerful. It can also be used as a girl’s name when spelled Aziza.
- Barack - Arabic. Blessed. Barack Obama was the first African American American president. That’s pretty badass.
- Bjorn - Swedish. Pronounced B-yorn. Bear.
- Blaze - Latin. This Latin origin name means fire.
- Bond - Norman. Husband or farmer. But when we hear Bond, we think of James Bond.
- Bowie - Scottish/Gaelic. Blond. This name makes us think of David Bowie, the epic rockstar.
- Boyan - Bulgarian/Slavic. Warrior or fighter. If that meaning weren’t badass enough, Boyan Slat won the 2015 Champion of the Earth Award from the UN at 18.
- Bruce - Scottish. The willow-lands. Batman’s real name is Bruce Wayne, and Robert the Bruce was the first king to unify Scotland.
- Carlos - Spanish. Free man, strong.
- Caesar - Latin/Roman. Long-haired. Julius Caesar was an infamous Roman ruler.
- Christian - Greek/Latin. A follower of Christ. According to Christian history, early disciples were pretty revolutionary. Christian is also the name of the protagonist from the Movie and Broadway Musical Moulin Rouge, and he is one badass character not afraid to give it all up for love.
- Cobain - Norse/Old Scottish. It is a name referring to a fair or blond person. Kurt Cobain was part of the grunge music revolution.
- Corbin - English. Raven. This name gives off dark and mystical vibes.
- Damion - Greek. To conquer, master, or tame. An alternate spelling is Damon, like the actor Matt Damon’s last name.
- Darwin - English. Dear friend. Charles Darwin was a naturalist and scientist who wrote the famous On the Origin of Species and introduced the theory of revolution.
- Dimitri - Russian. A follower of Demeter. Demeter was the Greek goddess of farming and fertility. Caring about the earth is 100% badass in our book.
- Draco - Greek. Dragon.
- Einer - Old Norse. Warrior or to stand alone.
- Enzo - Italian. Rules the home.
Badass Boy Names (With Meanings) from F-L
- Falkor - Norse. Guardian of the people. This unique name has an edge to it.
- Flynn - Galic. Red-haired on. Flynn Ryder from Disney’s Tangled is a pretty badass antihero.
- Fox - Old English. Cunning and sly. One with red hair. Fox Mulder from the X-Files was one badass detective.
- Griffin - Greek. Hooked nose. In Greek mythology, a griffin was a fierce creature, half eagle and half lion.
- Gunnar - The traditional meaning of this name is "bold warrior".
- Harley - English. Spacious meadow. Harley has become more popular as a girl’s name because of the DC character Harley Quinn. She is pretty badass, and Harley works well as a girl or baby boy name.
- Hawking - English. Hawk-like. Legendary quantum physicist Stephen Hawking makes this name badass.
- Hendrix - English. Son of Hendrick. The name itself isn’t that exciting, but few people influenced music like the great Jimi Hendrix.
- Hugh - Old French/Old German. Soul, mind, intellect. Hugh Jackman is badass for being both a star of the Broadway stage and a legendary X-man.
- Iggy - English. Fiery One. It is also the name of the father of punk, Iggy Pop.
- Jacques - French/Hebrew. One who supplants. The famed ocean explorer, Jacques Cousteau, makes this name pretty badass.
- Jax - English. Song of Jack. Jax is the perfect name for fans of Sons of Anarchy.
- Keanu - Hawaiian. The breeze. Keanu Reeves is one of Hollywood’s top badasses both on the screen and off.
- Kestrel - Old French. A bird of prey, like a hawk or falcon. The name also means rattle, referring to the sound of the bird’s cry.
- King - English. Monarch. Martin Luther King, Jr. is the inspiration for this name, making the list.
- Krishna - Sanskrit. Black or dark. Krishna is the god of protection, compassion, tenderness, and love in the Hindu religion.
- Lars - Scandinavian. Crowned with Laurel.
- Legend - English. History, story, or myth.
- Lennon - Irish. Dear one. John Lennon is considered a music legend. Lennon could also work for a little girl as it is widely considered a unisex name.
- Liam - Celtic. Wolf. This cool name is a popular name and makes us think of the Hollywood action star Liam Neeson.
- Logan - Scottish. Hollow. Wolverine’s first name.
- Luke - Greek. Light giving. Luke Skywalker ... need we say more?
Badass Boy Names (With Meanings) from M-Z
- Maddox - Welsh. Fortunate. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt chose this for their son.
- Marcelo - Italian. Hammer.
- Maverick - English. Independent thinker. The perfect moniker if you’re a Top Gun fan.
- Mick - English. Who is like God? Perfect for fans of Mick Jagger or Mick Dundee.
- Moses - Hebrew. To pull water. Moses stood up against his adoptive brother and led the Jewish people out of Egypt to freedom. Now that’s badass.
- Neil - Irish. Champion. Neil Armstrong was the first man to walk on the moon.
- Nelson - Irish. Son of Eleanor. We added this name to Honor Nelson Mandela, the South African revolutionary, statesman, and philanthropist.
- Neo - Tswana. Gift. In Greek, this name means new. Neo is the protagonist in The Matrix and an all-around badass.
- Neville - French. New town. Few people are more badass than Neville Longbottom from the Harry Potter series.
- Orion - Greek. Rising in the sky, dawning. In Greek mythology, Orion was a hunter and the son of the mighty Poseidon.
- Orwell - English. The branch of the river. George Orwell was the revolutionary author of Animal Farm and 1984.
- Phillip - Greek. Friend of horses. Queen ELizabeth II’s husband was Prince Phillind, and he lived to be 99 - that’s badass. He was also the inspiration for the prince in Disney’s Sleeping Beauty.
- Phoenix - Greek. A phoenix is a mythical bird that rises from the ashes. The name means dark red.
- Rocco - Italian. This name has an edgy, fun fee, but it means to rest—something all badasses need to do from time to time.
- Sawyer - English. Woodcutter. The name was made famous by Mark Twain’s The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. Sawyer is also the edgy bad boy from the hit television series Lost.
- Snow - English. Frozen haired. This English name is usually on lists for baby girl names, but Jon Snow in Game of Thrones is the quintessential badass.
- Talon - English. Claw or hook.
- Thor - Norse. The Norse God of thunder and strength.
- Tyrion - Irish. Rock—a person from County Tyrone. Tyrion Lannister is the clever and badass character from the Game of Thrones books and television series played by a real-life kick-ass person Peter Dinklage.
- Tyson - Old French. High spirited. You may think of Mike Tyson, but we also want to give the nod to Neil deGrasse Tyson, the famous astrophysicist from Cosmos.
- Vader - German. Father. If you’re going for edgy, why not go all the way with this name inspired by Darth Vader and Star Wards.
- Van - Danish. It is usually a prefix in names like the famous artist Vincent Van Gogh. This is also a nod to rocker Van Morrison.
- Wilder - German. Hunter. This name is all about adventure.
- Winston - Old English. Joyful stone. Winston Churchill was one of England’s most famous and influential Prime Ministers.
- Wolfe - German. Wolf. Another wild animal name to consider alongside Hawk or Fox.
- Zale - Greek. This unique Greek name means a sea of strength.
- Zeke - Hebrew. If you’re looking for something biblical, this Hebrew name means God strengthens.
For more baby name inspiration check out these popular baby name lists:
- Top 1000 Most Popular Baby Girl Names in the U.S.
- Top 1000 Most Popular Baby Boy Names in the U.S.
- The 100 Coolest Baby Names in the World
Considering one of these names? Pin it to save it for later: