Girl name origins & meanings
- Dutch : Form of Von
Boy name origins & meanings
- Dutch : Dyke
- Middle English : Dweller at the windmill
- American : Quiet
Family name origins & meanings
- Vietnamese : unexplained.
- Dutch (De Van) : metonymic occupational name for a winnower or a maker of winnowing fans, from Middle Dutch van(ne) ‘fan’.
- English : Western English variant of Fann.
- Czech (Vaň) : from a pet form of the personal name Václav, Old Czech Vęceslav (see Vacek).
- Ukrainian : from a short form of the personal name Ivan, Slavic form of John.