Boy name origins & meanings
- Old English : Joy stone, victory town
- Anglo-Saxon : Battle stone
Boy name variations
How Popular Is The Name Winston
Family name origins & meanings
- English : from an Old English personal name composed of the elements wynn ‘joy’ + stān ‘stone’.
- English : habitational name from any of various places called Winston or Winstone, from various Old English personal names + Old English tūn ‘enclosure’, ‘settlement’, or, in the case of Winstone in Gloucestershire, Old English stān ‘stone’.
- Americanized form of Jewish Weinstein.