75 Spiritual Names With Deep Meanings
Your name, when spoken, announces you and identifies your soul’s energy. A name with heavy connotation will leave definite energetic impressions on anyone that they encounter and can more importantly alter the path of the soul that carries the name. This is why you may consider a name rooted in spirituality.
More: 75 Names That Mean “Hope” for Your Little One
In life, we go through sprouts of growth, vibrational adjustments, and changes because we are forces of nature continually evolving. We are multidimensional beings. We rise. We elevate. We vibrate higher. Spiritual names are vibrational blessings and further, it is the frequency of our name that makes the ride easier.
Outside of the fact that names have specific meanings, names are spiritually important to the destiny and well-being of the individual. We’ve created a list of 75 spiritual baby names that are chosen to bless your little one and pave the way for their life steps.
Spiritual Baby Girl Names from A-F
- Abigail: It comes from Hebrew and the Bible and means “brings joy”
- Adna: It is a Biblical name meaning “pleasure, delight”
- Aisha: A Muslim baby name meaning “life, Vivaciousness”
- Amana: Hebrew origin name meaning “loyal, faithful”
- Anani: A Biblical name meaning “a cloud”
- Angela: Spanish girl name meaning “angel”
- Angelique: French girl name meaning “like an angel”
- Athena: Greek mythology origin name derived from the city name, Athens
- Batya: Hebrew girl name meaning “daughter of God”
- Bliss: English origin name meaning “perfect joy” is a beautiful name for baby girl
- Celeste: French name meaning “heavenly”
- Cielo: Pronounced as Cheh-loh, it is Spanish origin name for “sky, heaven”
- Eden: It is an attractive name of Hebrew origin meaning “place of pleasure, delight”
- Elisabeth: It’s a Greek baby name meaning “Devoted to God”
- Emma: English origin name meaning “whole, complete”
- Faith: A Christian virtue name popular in the 16th century meaning “confidence, trust, belief”
Spiritual Baby Girl Names from G-Z
- Genesis: American baby name meaning “beginning”
- Gita: Sanskrit origin name meaning “song” that evokes the beauty of Bhagavad Gita. It has special significance in Hinduism
- Grace: Irish baby name meaning “God’s favor”
- Gwyneth: Welsh name meaning “blessed”
- Halo: Derived from Greek origin, it means “circular aura of light depicted above the head of the holy angel”
- Isabelle: American baby girl name meaning “Devoted to God”
- Joanna: Derived from Hebrew, it is a biblical name meaning “ God is gracious”
- Kezia: This biblical girl’s name of Hebrew origin means ‘cinnamon’. It has great spiritual significance.
- Lux: Latin origin name meaning “light”
- Naomi: Biblical origin name meaning “beautiful, agreeable”.
- Maria: Hebrew origin name meaning “mistress or lady of the sea
- Priscilla: The ancient name of Latin origin meaning “ancient, classic”
- Rumi: Japanese origin name meaning “beauty”
- Ruth: This Hebrew name means “companion” or “vision of beauty”.
- Shiloh: This Hebrew name originates from ancient Israel and means “peace”
- Uma: Hindu Goddess name meaning “bright”
- Vashti: It is a unique Hebrew name meaning “beautiful”
- Veda: Sanskrit origin name meaning “knowledge”
Spiritual Baby Boy Names from A-I
- Aaron: Hebrew origin meaning “exalted”
- Adam: Hebrew origin name meaning “man from the red earth”
- Apollo: Greek mythology name meaning “God of medicine, music, and poetry”
- Bardo: This name of Tibetan, German and Aboriginal origin means “water”
- Bodhi: Sanskrit origin name meaning “awakening, enlightenment”
- Christmas: Derived from an English origin, this name suggests “festivity and fun”
- Clement: Originating from Latin, this baby boy name “mild, merciful”
- David: Originating from Hebrew, this traditional name means “beloved”
- Dharma: Sanskrit and Buddhist origin name meaning “religious duty”
- Dhruv: Sanskrit origin name that means “North Star” symbolizing reliability and a strong sense of direction
- Ethan: Hebrew origin name meaning “solid, enduring”
- Ezra: Hebrew origin name meaning “help”
- Felix: It is a Latin name that means “fortunate”
- Gabriel: Hebrew name meaning “God is my strong man”
- Gideon: Hebrew origin means “Hewer, one who cuts trees”
- Isaac: Traditionally popular, this is a Hebrew name
- Isaiah: Well established Hebrew name meaning “salvation of the Lord”
Spiritual Baby Boy Names from J-Z
- Jacob: Baby boy name of Hebrew origin meaning “the one who comes after"
- Jupiter: Latin origin baby boy name meaning “the Supreme God”
- Loyal: English origin name meaning “faithful”
- Matthew: English language name meaning “gift of God”
- Nathan: Hebrew origin name means “he gave”
- Nirvana: This is a beautiful name of Hindu origin meaning "Transcendent state". It also finds mention in Buddhism.
- Pax: It is short for Paxton which is an Old English origin name meaning "peaceful settlement"
- Peter: The age-old Greek name means “the stone or rock”
- Reuben: This name of Hebrew origin means “behold, a son”
- Saint: Originating from the Latin word Sanctus, this name means “sacred, holy”
- Salem: Biblical and Arabic in origin, this means “safe”
- Salman: Arabic origin name meaning “safety”
- Solomon: This Hebrew name means “peaceful”
- Theodore: Greek origin name meaning “Gift of God”
- Zen: Japanese origin name meaning “peaceful and calm”
- Zephyr: Greek origin name meaning “west wind”
- Zeus: Greek mythological name symbolizing “the supreme God”
- Zion: Hebrew origin name meaning “the highest point”
Spiritual Gender-Neutral Baby Names
- Arya: Sanskrit origin name apt for both baby boys and girls meaning “noble”. It is a popular name for both boys and girls.
- Eden: Biblical and Hebrew origin name meaning “pleasure”
- Honour: This unisex English name evokes virtuousness and means “dignity, reputation”
- Infinity: Apt for wishing your baby long life, this unisex name of American origin means “endless”
- Sky: It is an ambigender nature name. It is a beautiful name idea.
- Vesper: This unisex name of Latin origin means “evening prayer”
For more baby name inspiration check out these popular baby name lists:
- Top 1000 Most Popular Baby Girl Names in the U.S.
- Top 1000 Most Popular Baby Boy Names in the U.S.
- The 100 Coolest Baby Names in the World
Considering one of these names? Pin it to save it for later:
Was this article helpful?
Vaijayanti Mohapatra is a mom and freelance writer based in Dublin, California. An engineering graduate from India, she likes baking and reading fiction during her free time. Currently, she also writes for San Francisco Bay Area Moms.