Are you looking for the perfect baby boy name that starts with A? You're in luck! We've compiled the ultimate list of baby boy names beginning with A to make your baby name search easy and fun.
When considering what name to give your son, A names make strong and unique names for boys. Plus, names starting with A have never been more popular!
Discover rare A names for boys, the best options for boy middle names that start with A, and more! And if you love these boy names and want to explore the other letters of the alphabet, check out our complete list of boy names from A-Z.
Popular Boy Names That Start with A
Some "A" names have become very popular baby name picks in the last few years. Here are the most popular boy names starting with A according to the latest data from the Social Security Administration.
- Alexander - from the personal name Alexander, classical Greek Alexandros, which probably originally meant "repulser of men (i.e. of the enemy)", from alexein "to repel" + andros, genitive of anēr "man."
- Aiden - Irish, meaning "warm."
- Asher - a topographic name denoting someone dwelling by an ash tree, from Middle English asche "ash tree" + the habitational suffix -er.
- Andrew - Andrew is of Greek origin and means "strong, or manly." Andrew, a variant of the Greek name Andreas.
- Adrian - Adrian is of Latin origin and means "son of Adria" and "dark one." It is also of Greek origin and means "rich."
- Aaron - Aaron's origin is debated. Some believe it is of Hebrew origin meaning "high mountain; exalted, enlightened" and others state it is of Arabic origin and means "messenger".
- Angel - Angel is of Spanish and English origin and means "angel." A popular unisex name, Angel derives from the medieval Latin masculine name Angelus.
- Axel - Axel is of Old German origin and means "father of peace." It is the Medieval Danish form of Absalom
- Austin - The name Austin is of English origin and means "great. magnificent". It's the medieval contracted form of Augustine.
- Adam - The name Adam is of Hebrew origin and means "son of the red Earth."
Unique and Rare Boy Names That Start with A
If popular and trendy names aren't for you, there are plenty of "A" names for boys that are uncommon and unique. Here are some of our favorite unique boy names starting with A.
- Ace - Latin name that means "unity."
- Acer - Latin name for a maple tree.
- Ackley - English name meaning "oak meadow."
- Adriel - A Navajo name meaning "symbol of skill."
- Alder- Dutch name for a type of birch tree.
- Angus - A Gaelic name meaning "superb or unique."
- Ansel - Old German name meaning "diety."
- Apollo - The Greek name for "manly."
- Ash - Both a type of tree and a name that invokes fire.
- Atticus - A Latin name meaning "from Athens." Atticus was popularized by the book To Kill a Mockingbird.
Modern Boy Names That Start with A
These trending baby boy names are modern name options for your baby boy.
- Aden - Hebrew name meaning "delicate."
- Archer - Unisex name meaning "rich."
- Arlo - German name meaning "famous throughout the land."
- Asher - Hebrew for "fortunate."
- Ashton - Old English name for "ash tree."
- Atlas - A titan in Greek mythology who is known for supporting the weight of the earth on his back.
- Auggie - Latin for "magnificent."
- Axel - Old German name meaning "father of peace."
Cute Boy Names That Start with A
These are some of the cutest boy names beginning with A. These boy names are perfect for an adorable baby boy.