Sa'iyda Shabazz is a writer and mother to one. She can often be found in her apartment writing into the wee hours and trying to read a book in peace. She is a staff writer for Scary Mommy, and writes for several other parenting sites. Her work has also been featured on The New York Times and the Washington Post.
- Baby NamesThe Most Popular British Baby Names the US Hasn't Discovered YetWhen looking for baby name inspiration, sometimes we have to look outside the country. The most popular names in the United States have generally stayed the same over the last few years. Of course, some names may move up or down the list, but ult...Sa'iyda Shabazz
- Baby Names25 Rustic Country Baby Names You'll Want to StealThere’s something about names that sound rustic. They evoke images or feelings of back porch swings, sweet tea and magnolia trees. With the popularity of things like HGTV and shiplap, it’s not a surprise that parents are looking for rustic, c...Sa'iyda Shabazz
- Baby NamesVintage Baby Names Making a Comeback in 2019If you’re trying to find a cool name for your baby that may be a little off the beaten path, you need to look to the past. There’s a saying that what’s old becomes new again, and that couldn’t be more true with names. Names that are “vi...Sa'iyda Shabazz
- TeensEasing Anxiety and Worry in Teens Before Starting CollegeNow that the school year is winding down, for parents of teens graduating high school, a new set of struggles begins: the countdown to the start of college. By mid August, kids will be starting this next chapter in their lives. And there is a lot...Sa'iyda Shabazz
- Home Decorating5 Practical Storage Solutions for Small Kids' RoomsWhen you live in a small space, finding sufficient storage is always a challenge. Whether it’s a small house or an apartment, sometimes we have to get creative with how we utilize the storage space available to us. More: How to Create a Lear...Sa'iyda Shabazz
- Behavior and DisciplineI Give My Kids an iPad or Phone at Restaurants and I Am Not AshamedWhenever I get ready to take my son out to dinner, there are two things I make sure of. One is that he has a small toy or two to carry, and the other is that my phone is charged. Because I know that at some point during the meal, I’m going to h...Sa'iyda Shabazz