Sa'iyda Shabazz is a writer and mother to one. She can often be found in her apartment writing into the wee hours and trying to read a book in peace. She is a staff writer for Scary Mommy, and writes for several other parenting sites. Her work has also been featured on The New York Times and the Washington Post.
- Baby Names50 Unique Baby Names You've Never Heard OfWhen it’s time to pick out a baby name, it’s beginning to feel like you’ve heard them all. There’s a reason certain names, like Sophie or Emma are considered popular — because there are so many people with those names. Obviously there ...Sa'iyda Shabazz
- PostpartumThese Celebs Got Real About Their Postpartum BodiesAfter having a baby, it feels like we as women are immediately expected to accept the new reality of what our bodies look like. They have grown to make room for these small people who have been nourishing themselves and growing all from our bodi...Sa'iyda Shabazz
- Baby Names50 Music-Inspired Baby Names by GenreWhen you’re thinking of names for you baby, you don’t need to look any further than your music collection. There are tons of musicians who have names that not only sound cool, but come with the legacy of icons. “Because it’s trendy to us...Sa'iyda Shabazz
- Baby Names15 Unique Disney Baby NamesPicking out a baby name that’s a little different is always a challenge. There are so many sources of inspiration out there, and there is a huge one right at the end of our noses. Disney! When looking into the Disney universe, it’s easy to g...Sa'iyda Shabazz
- Clothing FashionsOur Top Mommy and Me Outfit Picks for Spring 2019Some people may think it’s silly or weird for a mom to want to wear an outfit that matches her kids. But for some of us moms, the idea of matching our kiddos is fun. And if you’ve seen some of the styles made for kids now, you wouldn’t bla...Sa'iyda Shabazz
- Baby NamesTop 20 Pisces Baby NamesMarch (and the end of February!) is Pisces season. Pisces is the oldest of the zodiac signs, which means your little Piscean will likely be what they call an “old soul.” When it comes to naming your Pisces baby, you have plenty of sources of...Sa'iyda Shabazz