75 Baby Names Inspired by Rock Stars and Rock & Roll
If you have a baby on the way, picking a baby name is probably at the top of your never-ending to-do list. Choosing the name your child will have for the rest of their life is a monumental task, and it’s understandable if it takes a while to land on the perfect baby name. You may add a name one day and take it off the list the next before adding it back in the following week.
Most baby names are very personal, whether it’s a family name passed down for centuries or inspired by your favorite literary icon. The most important part is choosing a name that means something to you, from baby boy names to baby girl names or gender-neutral baby names. So, if you love rock n’ roll, consider the name favorite artist, song or music venue. If you need some inspiration, we’ve compiled a list of 75 baby names inspired by rock stars and rock n’ roll.
Rock N' Roll Baby Names for Girls
The women of rock n’roll redefined the rock genre with powerful songs, sounds, and memorable images. Epic female rock singers like Stevie Nicks and Annie Lennox broke boundaries and captured crowds with their epic vocals. Female guitarists like Pixies Kim Deal and drummers like Karen Carpenter proved women could rock just as hard as the dudes! Here are some of our favorite female rock star names for inspiration.
- Abbey - The Beatles made Abby Road famous.
- Alanis - Rolling Stone once called Alanis Morissette the “Queen of Alt-Rock Angst.”
- Alice - After the band, Alice in Chains.
- Avril - Avril Lavigne has been creating top hits for decades.
- Billie Jean - Not many rock stars are more well-known than Michael Jackson.
- Bohemia - A variation of “Bohemian Rhapsody.”
- Cher - A true rock star is recognizable even without a last name.
- Chrissie - After the lead singer of The Pretenders.
- Everly - Inspired by the duo The Everly Brothers.
- Fleetwood - Named after 60s band Fleetwood Mac.
- Florence - A sweet name after Florence and the Machine.
- Hayley - Hayley Williams is the frontman for Paramore.
- Helena - A song by My Chemical Romance.
- Henley - Inspired by Don Henley, singer-songwriter, producer, and founding member of The Eagles.
- Iggy - Named after rock star Iggy Pop.
- Janis - Janis Joplin was one of the most successful female rock stars in the 60s.
- Journey - “Don’t Stop Believin” that Journey is the perfect Rock Star name for your baby girl.
- Lennon - Named after the Beatles’ singer, songwriter and rock n’ roll legend, John Lennon.
- Marley - Bob Marley is recognized globally as a rock star figure.
- Misty - Inspired by the Led Zepplin song, “Misty Mountain Hop.”
- Pearl - Named after American rock band Pearl Jam.
- Penny - Inspired by The Beatles’ song, “Penny Lane.”
- Presley - Name your baby after Elvis Presley, the “King of Rock n’ Roll.”
- Prudence - Inspired by the Beatles’ song, “Dear Prudence.”
- Queen - As in the band, Queen.
- Ramone - All of the members of the Ramones replaced their last names with Ramone.
- Rumour - Fleetwood Mac’s successful album was named “Rumours.”
- Sinead - If you have Irish roots, this name is inspired by Sinead O’Connor.
- Yoko - After the wife of John Lennon.
Rock N' Roll Baby Names for Boys
From the iconic hits of The Beatles and The Stones to glam rock icons like Bowie to the subversive punk rock revolution led by bands like The Ramones and The Misfits, rock music has inspired cultural trends for decades. If you want to choose a boy name inspired by your favorite rock legend, here are some top choices.
- Adam - Inspired by Blink-182’s “Adam’s Song.”
- Angus - Angus Young is a founding member of AC/DC.
- Axl - Axl Rose is a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee and member of the band Guns N’ Roses.
- Billie Joe - Rock star Billie Joe Armstrong is the lead singer of Green Day.
- Bono - This rock n’ roll legend has received over 20 Grammy Awards and is the frontman for Irish band U2.
- Buddy - After the Weezer song, “Buddy Holly.”
- Cash - Johnny Cash fans can still imagine his deep bass-baritone voice and all-black outfits.
- Chet - Nashville legend Chet Atkins was known to some as “Mr. Guitar.”
- Cobain - Inspired by Kurt Cobain, singer-songwriter,, guitarist, and frontman for Nirvana.
- Creed - This band has been a part of rock n’ roll history since the 90s.
- Crosby - David Crosby has been inducted into the Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame twice.
- Elton - Rock star Elton John has seen success for over 50 years.
- Elvis - Elvis Presley will forever be one of the most recognizable names in rock n’ roll history.
- Emit - Inspired by Red Hot Chili Peppers’ song “Emit Remmus.”
- Fender - Fender guitars are pretty much synonymous with rock n’ roll.
- Floyd - As in, Pink Floyd.
- Freddie - Freddie Mercury was the famous lead vocalist of the rock band Queen.
- Gibson - A well-known maker of guitars.
- Gunner - While it’s inspired by Gunner McGrath, it also sounds like a rock n’ roll name.
- Jethro - After internationally known British rock band Jethro Tull.
- Jonas - Inspired by the song “My Name is Jonas” by Weezer.
- Malcolm - Malcolm Young is another founding member of rock band AC/DC.
- Mick or Jagger - As lead vocalist of the Rolling Stones, Mick Jagger defined early Rock N’ Roll.
- Mumford - As in Mumford and Sons.
- Prince - Some believe Prince to be the best musician of his generation.
- Ringo - Ringo Starr was the drummer for one of the most influential bands of all time, The Beatles.
- Rod - Named after Rod Stewart.
Gender-Neutral Rock Star Baby Names
Rock n’ roll is about freedom of expression, breaking down walls, and embracing your true self. Many of our favorite rock star and rock music inspired baby names work equally well for boys, girls, and anyone! Check out these cool gender-neutral rock names.
- Bowie - Inspired by internationally known rock star David Bowie.
- Crue - Inspired by heavy metal band Motley Crue.
- Dylan - Inspired by Bob Dylan.
- Fray - Named after early 2000’s band The Fray.
- Hendrix - Rock n’ roll legend Jimi Hendrix is one of the greatest guitar players in rock history.
- Jett - Joan Jett is rock n’ Roll.
- Jimi - As in, Jimi Hendrix
- Jude - Parents will want to sing “Hey Jude” by The Beatles when they say their baby’s name.
- Lemmy - Lemmy Kilmister is the founder of Motorhead.
- Lennox - Inspired by singer-songwriter Annie Lennox.
- Mac - This unisex name is inspired by Fleetwood Mac.
- Muse - Name your baby girl or baby boy after this English rock band.
- Ozzy - Ozzy Osbourne was the lead vocalist in Black Sabbath and even had his own reality TV show.
- Paice - Ian Paige was the drummer for Deep Purple.
- Rivers - The lead vocalist of rock band Weezer is named Rivers Cuomo.
- Syd or Sid - Syd Barrett co-founded Pink Floyd, and Sid Vicious was the bassist for the rock band Sex Pistols.
- Stevie - Solo artist and frontman of Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks is a well-known rock star.
- Zeppelin - As in, Led Zeppelin.
- Ziggy - Ziggy Marley is the son of Bob Marley and winner of eight Grammy Awards.
For more baby name inspiration check out these popular baby name lists: