75 Star Wars Names for Your Baby
Our favorite Star Wars inspired names for girls, boys, and gender-neutral options. These baby names are perfect for Star Wars fans!
Updated January 11, 2023
There are few film franchises with more popularity than Star Wars. With 11 films and various Disney plus features, the popular sci-fi space fantasy story is not going anywhere. Spanning over more than 40 years, there are entire generations of people who don’t remember living in a world where the films didn’t exist.
Created by George Lucas, the Star Wars films are massively popular and have legions of dedicated fans. If you’re a more loyal fan or even just a casual one, you may turn to the films to find name inspiration for your future Jedi. From prequel characters to the Mandalorian characters, if you want to name your baby based on the galaxy far, far away, check out our favorite Star Wars-inspired names for boys, girls, and gender-neutral options.
Looking for a gift for the Star Wars fans in your lives? Check out the Top Star Wars Gifts and Memorabilia at our sister site, Infoplease.com.
Star Wars Baby Boy Names
- Anakin - Before he went to the Dark Side, Darth Vader was known by this name, which means “warrior.”
- Boba Fett - One of the most notorious bounty hunters in the galaxy, Boba Fett is a clone of his father, Jango Fett, and dons custom Mandalorian armor. for This Russian name means warrior, or man of the family.
- Ben - The original first name of villain Kylo Ren, who was named after Ben Kenobi, this name is a nickname for Benjamin, which means “son of my right hand.”
- Cody - CC-2224, nicknamed “Captain Cody,” is a clone marshal commander who fought next to Obi-Wan Kenobi. This name is English for “helpful.”
- Daine - Imperial officer serving under Darth Vader in the galactic civil war. Daine is another spelling of “Dane,” which means “from Denmark.”
- Darth - Title carried by many Sith characters in the franchise, George Lucas translated this to mean “dark,” so it could be a good choice for a fierce little one.
- Finn - Stormtrooper-turned-Resistance fighter from The Force Awakens; this name means “fair.”
- Firmus - The first name of imperial officer Admiral Piett means “stable,” “strong,” and “steadfast.”
- Hunter - Leader of the Bad Batch in the Clone Wars, as well as the new Bad Batch series. Means “one who hunts.”
- George - Meaning “farmer,” there would be no Star Wars without creator George Lucas.
- Han - Character who travels with furry buddy Chewbacca through the galaxy
- Harrison - Han Solo would be nothing without actor Harrison Ford, whose name means “son of Harry.”
- Jango - Jango Fett, the father of Boba Fett, was one of the best bounty hunters toward the end of the Republic. This name means “brave warrior” or “he who is awake.”
- Jacen - This new Jedi Order Jedi master was the twin sister of Jaina Solo in Legends continuity.
- Kylo - Kylo Ren is the villain of the final trilogy films: The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, and The Rise of Skywalker. This American name means “sky.”
- Lando - One of the coolest characters in the Star Wars universe is Lando Calrissian; this name means “land or territory” is an entity unto himself.
- Luke - The most famous Jedi of all, Luke Skywalker. The name fittingly means “light-giving.”
- Max - Organ player in his namesake band the Max Rebo Band. A shortened version of Maximillion, which means “the greatest.”
- Mos - Mos Eisley is a Tatooine spaceport. Meaning “peat bog,” Mos would make a cute boys name.
- Nien - Nien Nunb is an arms dealer and smuggler from Sullust who helped Princess Leia smuggle survivors off the planet. Means “year” in Vietnamese.
- Owen - Luke’s uncle in A New Hope, this name means “youth.”
- Qui - Shorten Qui-Gon or use the full name of the strong Jedi master who discovered and trained Anakin. Means “ghost.”
- Walker - Meaning “hardworking,” this is part of one of the most famous last names in the franchise.
- Wicket - The first name of a brave Ewok of the Rebellion who helped defeat the Empire on Endor. Means “a small gate.”
- Wilhuff - Supreme Chancellor Palpatine’s go-to military leader who was in charge of the death star. Means “your destiny.”
Star Wars Baby Girl Names
- Aayla - Strong blue-skinned Twi’lek warrior and Jedi knight in the Clone Wars. Means “oak tree,” “halo,” or “earth.”
- Ahsoka — Anakin’s padawan, the star of the Clone Wars, makes an important appearance in the Book of Boba Fett. Her name is Sanskrit for pure and hopeful.
- Annie - Nickname for Anakin Skywalker, this is a classic girl's name for your little Sith.
- Allana - The name of Han and Leia’s granddaughter, a Jedi in training, this name means “dear child.”
- Amidala - Queen of Naboo, she gained power at a young age. Means “beautiful flower.”
- Amilyn - This variant of Amelia and Emmeline means “gentle and brave” or “work.”
- Assajj - This Sith assassin held various roles throughout her life. Trained by Dooku, she went from being a slave to a Padawan, bounty hunter, and a Nightsister.
- Bebe - If you want to give your baby girl an indiscreet Star Wars name, name her after the cutest droid, BB-8. Means “baby.”
- Bo-Katan - Mandalorian female lieutenant and leader of the Night Owls who appeared in Star Wars: The Clone Wars, as well as Disney+ series The Mandalorian, and Book of Boba Fett. Bo means “to live.” Katan means “small.”
- Breha - Leia’s adoptive mother, queen of Alderaan.
- Carrie - meaning “free,” this comes from actress Carrie Fisher, who played Princess Leia Organa
- Daisy - this floral name is the name of actress Daisy Ridley, who portrays the character Rey.
- Fennec - Elite mercenary and human female bounty hunter in Disney+ original series The Mandalorian, The Bad Batch, and The Book of Boba Fett. Means “fox.”
- Hera - Female Twi-lek revolutionary leader in Star Wars Rebels series on Disney XD. Means “warrior.”
- Jaina - This new Jedi Order Jedi master was the twin sister of Jacen Solo in Legends continuity.
- Karina - Queen of Geonosis and amid the clone wars, served as an ally of the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Means “dear” or “beloved.”
- Leia - Princess-turned-general, she’s an icon. This name means “weary.”
- Lyra - this musical name is also the name of Jyn Erso’s mother.
- Norra - Hailing from Akiva, this female rebel pilot aimed to restore the Republic and the New Republic. Means “honorable.”
- Oola - The green-skinned Twi’lek who stood up to Jabba the Hutt and faced his wrath. Means “red lizard.”
- Padmé - This Persian name meaning “lotus flower” is the first name of the mother to Luke and Leia. Means “lotus.”
- Qi’ra - Crimson Dawn operative and trusted lieutenant to Dryden Vost in Solo: A Star Wars Story.
- Rose - Rose Tico is a Resistance mechanic who first appears in The Last Jedi.
- Sabine - Mandalorian warrior in Star Wars Rebels. Means “small sword,” or “flower.”
- Sash Ketter - New republic human female pilot. Means “door” or “window frame.”
Gender-Neutral Star Wars Baby Names
- Baze - No-nonsense soldier defending his homeland in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Means “collector” or “falcon.”
- Bail - One of the Alderaans, Bail Organa served as a justice-focused representative to the Republic Senate. Means “Ballif,” “city fortification,” or “valley.”
- Carnor - Wannabe Sith lord and Sovereign Protector of the Imperial army.
- Cassian - this Welsh name meaning “curly-headed” is the name of a rebel fighter in Rogue One.
- Dameron - Last name of Poe, a pilot in the New Republic and former spice runner. Means “foppish” or “lord.”
- Eisley - this sweet gender-neutral name is taken from Mos Eisley, the (in)famous cantina on Tatooine.
- Enfys - Cloud Riders leader and marauder from Solo: A Star Wars Story. This name is Welsh for “rainbow.”
- Ewan - The actor known for his role as Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Falcon - Name your little one after the powerful and strong Millennium Falcon starship.
- Ford - meaning “river crossing,” this gender-neutral name is the last name of Han Solo actor Harrison.
- Grogu - Baby Yoda's name could be a great choice for an adventurous and excited little one.
- Hux - General Hux is the leader of the First Order and a really cool gender-neutral option.
- Jyn - The protagonist of Rogue One, a brave rebel who helps steal plans for the Death Star. Did you know this name was made up for the movie?
- Koska - First name of female Mandalorian and member of Bo-Katan Kryze’s night owls. Means “scythe.”
- Mace - Known for his purple lightsaber and lack of patience, this name meaning “gift of God” can totally be gender-neutral.
- Maz - This name with Hebrew origins is traditionally male, but is a great neutral name after the wise smuggler in The Force Awakens.
- Migs - Male mercenary in the Mandalorian. Means “natural love for people and life.”
- Morgan - During the Galactic Empire, female Morgan Elsbeth, magistrate of Calodan helped build the Galactic Navy. She appears in Clone Wars and The Mandalorian. This neutral name means “circling sea.”
- Orson - This traditionally male name meaning “bear cub” is the name of the original Director of the Death Star, Orson Krennic.
- Poe - Starfighter for the New Republic, Poe Dameron is the best flyer and the master of lovable droid BB-8.
- Qin - Twi’lek prisoner from Ryloth, who first appears in The Mandalorian. Means “to respect.”
- Rebel - The Rebel Alliance took down the Empire, and it’s a great name for your little Jedi. Means a “defiant” person.
- Rey - The mysterious scavenger-turned-Jedi-savior may be a total kick-butt girl in the movie, but it is a great gender-neutral name. Means “king.”
- Solo - Han’s last name makes for a fun first or middle name, especially if you’re only having one child.
- Toro - This human Male bounty hunter for the New Republic appears in the Mandalorian. Means “bull.”
For more baby name inspiration check out these popular baby name lists:
- Top 1000 Most Popular Baby Girl Names in the U.S.
- Top 1000 Most Popular Baby Boy Names in the U.S.
- The 100 Coolest Baby Names in the World
Looking for more baby names and inspiration? Check out our Baby Name Center.
Considering one of these names? Pin it to save it for later:
Was this article helpful?