Meaning and Origin of: Mace
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
Girl name origins & meanings:
- Polish : Sea of bitterness
Girl name variations
Boy name origins & meanings:
- Latin : Aromatic spice
- Old English : A medieval weapon used by a knight
- Old French : Matthew's estate
Boy name variations
Family name origins & meanings:
- English : from a medieval personal name, a survival of Old English Mæssa, which came to be taken as a pet form of Matthew.
- English : possibly a metonymic occupational name for a mace-bearer, from Old French masse ‘mace’.
- English : habitational name from Macé in Orne, France.
- French (Macé) : variant of Massey; also a vernacular form of the personal name Mathieu (see Matthew).