Boy name origins & meanings
- English : Doubly excellent
- Italian : Greatest
- Hebrew : Gift of God
- Greek : Twin
Boy name variations
How Popular Is The Name Massey
Family name origins & meanings
- English and Scottish (of Norman origin) and French : habitational name from any of various places in northern France which get their names from the Gallo-Roman personal name Maccius + the locative suffix -acum.
- English (of Norman origin) : habitational name from Marcy in La Manche. This surname is preserved in the English place name Stondon Massey.
- English : from a pet form of Matthew.
- Altered spelling of French Massé (see Masse 4).