Meaning and Origin of: Massey
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
Boy name origins & meanings:
- English : Doubly excellent
- Italian : Greatest
- Hebrew : Gift of God
- Greek : Twin
Boy name variations
Family name origins & meanings:
- English and Scottish (of Norman origin) and French : habitational name from any of various places in northern France which get their names from the Gallo-Roman personal name Maccius + the locative suffix -acum.
- English (of Norman origin) : habitational name from Marcy in La Manche. This surname is preserved in the English place name Stondon Massey.
- English : from a pet form of Matthew.
- Altered spelling of French Massé (see Masse 4).