75 Baby Names Inspired by Alcohol, Cocktails and Spirits
Alcohol inspired baby names have grown in popularity as parents put a twist on cocktail and spirit names for baby boys and girls.
One of the things we love about cocktails is the imaginative names. Cocktail-inspired baby names might seem a bit too imaginative at first blush. But hear us out. Grab your favorite glass, and have a look at these great cocktail-themed baby girl names, baby boy names, and gender-neutral baby names.
Related: 50 Tropical Island Baby Names
Cocktail Inspired Gender-Neutral Baby Names
- Amaretto - Who can resist this sweet, coffee liqueur? It’s a sweet name, too.
- Artois - Stella Artois is a Belgian beer. Artois is also a region in France.
- Bailey - Bailey’s Irish Cream is a sweet favorite, and this sweet name works well for any gender.
- Bellini - A bellini is a delicate cocktail made from Prosecco and peach nectar. It could also be a peach of a name for a baby.
- Cassis - Cassis is a region in France, as well as a blackcurrant liqueur.
- Campari - Campari is a bitter, dark red, Italian aperitif. It could also be a very unique name for a baby.
- Cosmo - Cranberry juice and vodka; also an aristocratic Italian name.
- Grey - Grey is a refined name for any gender, just as Grey Goose is a refined vodka.
- Julep - A julep is a type of drink made from liquor and sugar poured over crushed ice and garnished with mint (mint julep).
- Killian - If you like Celtic names, the name of this Irish red beer might be up your street.
- Kir - A Kir Royale is a drink made from champagne and cassis liqueur.
- Kirsch - Kirsch is a cherry liqueur from Germany.
- Martini - Shaken or stirred? A nice alternative to either Martin or Martina.
- Midori - Midori is a Japanese melon liqueur.
- Morgan - A time honored neutral name, and if your baby joins the military, they can become Captain Morgan, like the rum.
- Pimm - Pimm’s Cup is a spicy, citrusy gin-based cocktail from England.
- Trilby - A trilby is a hat, as well as a cocktail made with whisky and absinthe.
- Shandy - Half beer, half lemonade, and one original baby name.
- Sazerac - Sazerac brandy is the heart of the Sazerac cocktail, which also includes absinthe, bitters, and sugar.
- Skyy - The vodka in the bright blue bottle.
- Temple - While the ‘Shirley’ part of a Shirley Temple is more common for girls, Temple can suit any gender.
- Zwack - Has Zack run its course? Try the name of this legendary Hungarian liquor company.
Cocktail Names for Baby Girls
- Albertine - An exotic name for an exotic girl: kirsch, cointreau, and chartreuse.
- Amber - An Amber Moon is a hangover remedy that includes whiskey and a raw egg.
- Brandy - A classic drink and a classic name for a girl.
- Caphirina - The Caphirina is Brazil’s national cocktail. It contains cachaca, sugar, and lime.
- Cerise - Cerise is French for Cherry. Creme de Cerise is a sweet cherry liqueur.
- Cherry - If you prefer the English version, then Cherry could be the name for you.
- Chartreuse - Chartreuse is a bright green liqueur made by Carthusian monks. It could also be a name for a hip and trendy baby girl.
- Colada - If you like pina coladas...then you might like this name.
- Daiquiri - Daiquiri may be a bit on the nose, but some think it’s cute.
- Devonia - A Devonia includes cider, gin, bitters, and ice.
- Damiana - Damiana is an aphrodisiac herb. A Damiana Margarita contains liqueur made from this plant.
- Dorda - Dorda is a brand of double chocolate liqueur, and could make a sweet baby name.
- Dulce - Dulce is a common name in Spanish-speaking countries. It means ‘sweet.’ A dulce de leche cocktail has rum, chocolate liqueur, and condensed, sweetened milk.
- Floridora - The Floridora is a mouth-puckering combination of gin, lime, and framboise liqueur.
- Georgia - Georgia is already a popular girl name. The Georgia on My Mind cocktail is made from bourbon, peach (of course), ginger, and basil.
- Lorraine - This gin cocktail from the ’40s is slightly sweet.
- Margarita - It’s a diminutive of Margaret, as well as a tequila cocktail.
- Mary - Bloody Mary or Virgin Mary? Either way, Mary is a classic name and a classic cocktail.
- Mimosa - Champagne and orange juice; also an exotic baby girl name.
- Paloma - Paloma means “dove” in Spanish. In cocktail language, it’s tequila, lime, and grapefruit soda.
- Pauline - This old fashioned name is set to make a comeback. In cocktail terms it’s rum, lemon, bitters, and nutmeg.
- Phoebe - Phoebe Snow is a renowned singer. The cocktail named for her is an exotic combination of Dubonnet rouge, aromatized wine, absinthe, and brandy.
- Sangria - Sangria is a refreshing cold drink with red wine and fruit.
- Sangrita - Sangrita is the diminutive of Sangria. It’s like saying “a cute little Sangria.”
- Sherry - This classic female name is a fortified white wine.
- Shirley - The Shirley Temple is a sweet, non-alcoholic drink named after the child star.
- Stella - Stella (as in Stella Artois) has its roots in Latin, and means “star.”
- Ulanda - The Ulanda cocktail contains gin, triple sec, and Pernod.
- Valencia - Valencia is an area of Spain, as well as a type of orange. It’s also a mixture of apricot brandy and orange juice.
Cocktail Inspired BabyBoy Names
- Alexander - A Brandy Alexander contains gin, cream and crème de cacao.
- Caesar - This Greek-sounding cocktail is actually Canadian, and is similar to a Bloody Mary.
- Cannon - A cannon isn’t just a weapon; it’s also a punch, with cider, whisky, and oranges.
- Charlie - This classic name comes from Charlie Chaplin, named after the classic star of silent films.
- Colin - Short for either a Tom Collins with gin, lemon, and simple syrup, or a John Collins, which substitutes bourbon for gin. There’s also a Jose Collins tequila.
- Gibson - If your sibling names their baby Martini, then you might call yours Gibson, as the Gibson is a cousin of the Martini.
- Hennessy - Hennesy may sound Irish, but they’re one of the top four French cognac producers.
- Jack - This name means a lot in the cocktail world, from Jack Daniels whisky to Apple Jack (you may know it as Calvados) to the Jack Rose cocktail.
- Jager - Jagermeister, or Jaeger for short, is an herb infused aperitif from Germany. It also means Hunter in German.
- Jameson - A fine Irish name for a fine Irish lad, named after a fine Irish whisky.
- John - A Gentle John is a cocktail with Cointreau, vermouth, whisky, and bitters.
- Harvey - The Harvey Wallbanger is a mixed drink with vodka and orange juice.
- Hemingway - The Hemingway is a fruity rum cocktail with different types of fruit juices, similar to a mai tai.
- Marcel - A Marcel’s Cup includes red wine, brandy, Benedictine, and fruit.
- Mojito - This Cuban creation has rum, lime, mint, and club soda.
- Patron - Patron is a top shelf Mexican tequila.
- Remy - Remy Martin is another of the top French cognac producers. This name oozes class and prestige.
- Rhett - The Rhett Butler cocktail is a smooth mixture of Southern Comfort, lemon juice, lime juice, Curacao, and soda water.
- Rickey - A Gin Rickey is made from gin, lime juice, shaved ice, and a touch of sugar.
- Rob - A Rob Roy cocktail is made from whisky and vermouth.
- Roy - The Roy Rogers is the non-alcoholic version, made with cola and grenadine.
- Royce - As in rolls. The cocktail Rolls Royce has gin, vermouth, whisky, and bitters.
- Todd - A Toddy is a hot, spiced rum drink, great for warming up on a cold night.
- Wolfram - Another name for Tungsten, one of the hardest substances on Earth. The cocktail version is a sour gin martini.
For more baby name inspiration check out these popular baby name lists:
- Top 1000 Most Popular Baby Girl Names in the U.S.
- Top 1000 Most Popular Baby Boy Names in the U.S.
- The 100 Coolest Baby Names in the World
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
About the author
Jess is a qualified teacher who is experienced in teaching different languages and linguistics. Jess speaks multiple foreign languages, including Russian and French.