popular topics in managing your home
- Family LifeStaff Tips: 8 Laundry Hacks for Your Child's Muddy ClothesSpring is (finally!) here! Which means, more time at the playground, more time on the sports field...and, most likely, never-ending piles of your kid's muddy clothes. When your kids come home with muddy clothes, instead of cringing--or even consi...Rachel Sokol
- Family LifeDeep-Cleaning Tips and Tricks to Make Your Family Car Feel Like NewIt can be defeating: You’ve finally rid your car of stray toys, forgotten food wrappers, and cast-aside art projects to reveal an even bigger mess—stained seats, grimy floors, and sticky surfaces. Sound familiar? Here are some quick cleaning ...Warren Clarke
- CampingCamping EssentialsCamping can be a fun and cheap family activity or vacation. But you do need quite a few supplies to manage life in the great outdoors. Find out what you'll need to pack for your next camping adventure, and remember to check with your campground t...Erin Dower
- Getting Organized9 Simple Tricks to Organize Your Kids' PlayroomDid the holidays leave you with toy overload and a playroom that looks like something out of a natural disaster movie? Get the most use out of your child's toys and space with these simple and kid-friendly ways to organize your child's playroom. ...Lindsay Hutton
- Kids and Cell Phones8 Quick Tips for Curbing Your Family's Screen TimeIt's dinner time and everyone in your family is nose-down, glued to their phones and mobile devices, rather than making good ol'-fashioned eye contact. Sound familiar? Setting limits on screen time — and remembering to put down our own devices ...Erin Dower
- Environmental Awareness8 Everyday Alternatives to Help Your Family Go Plastic-FreeYou've likely heard about Bisphenol-A (BPA) and phthalates in plastics, but do you know the effects they can have on your family's health? According to the Environmental Working Group (EWG), BPA, found in many reusable water bottles, food contai...Lindsay Hutton
- Electrical WorkHow to Run TV Cable Through WallsHow to Run TV Cable Through Walls Cable: It's not your father's television anymore. Cable may be bringing your Internet connection. It may be supplying the endless channels of digital cable. Or both. With everything from the next paycheck to the...
- Fact Monster - a safe online educational space for kids
Are you worried about your kids being online? Fact Monster is a KidSafe-certified site for your kids to get homework help, play games and watch educational videos. Check it out...and give Same Game a try yourself!
sponsored contentFamily Education
- Green Products6 Everyday Products with Hidden ToxinsYou know about eating organic foods, using only natural sunscreens, and avoiding certain cleaning products to avoid exposing your family to dangerous toxins and chemicals — but how much should you actually worry about your family's exposure? Ar...Lindsay Hutton
- Time ManagementBest School Year Yet! 9 Organizational Tips and Tools for School Year SurvivalBetween waking the kids up, fighting over outfits, making lunches, finding shoes, getting everyone to school and then to their after-school activities, supervising homework, and making dinner, a regular school day can leave parents feeling overwh...Lindsay Hutton
- Managing Your Home10 "Most Pinned" Ideas from FamilyEducationFrom gift ideas to homemade baby food recipes, we love seeing what our followers are pinning (and repinning) from FamilyEducation to their Pinterest boards. Take a look at our top 10 most popular pins, and don't forget to follow one (or all!) of ...Lindsay Hutton
- Pest ControlRecognizing Rodent InfestationsRecognizing Rodent Infestations In the Nick of Time You can often identify the kind of rodent you're dealing with by the size and shape of their droppings. Mice, being the smaller of the two types, leave behind the smallest droppings, measuring ...
- Earth Day Activities and Crafts8 Easy Ways to Celebrate Earth Day as a FamilyExplore the beauty of nature with your children and teach them the importance of caring for our planet with these simple and meaningful ways to celebrate Earth Day. ...Lindsay Hutton
- Spring CleaningCha-Ching! 7 Ways to Make Money by De-cluttering Your HomeGreen is the color of spring... and MONEY! So if you've got the itch to clean up and de-clutter, why not make a little extra cash while you're at it? These simple ideas can help you make money while you get organized at the same time. And don't ...Lindsay Hutton
- Parenting Tools Printables12 School Year Resolutions: Printable ListThese back-to-school resolutions can help streamline your family's busy life for the best school year yet. Hang this list on your fridge to keep you and your children focused and stress-free from September to June. ...
- Parenting Tools PrintablesAfter-School Routine ChecklistAfter School Routine Checklist ...
- Book FinderBook FinderFind our top picks for the best books of the year!familyeducation editors
- Preparing for Back to School12 New School Year ResolutionsDoes every school year feel like a blurry whirlwind of stuffing backpacks, dragging kids out of bed, and racing out the door, only to return home later with the same frenzied rush through dinner, homework, and bedtime? This year, make these 12 re...Erin Dower