75 Hindu Goddess Names: Hindu Vedic Girl Names + Meanings
Hindu mythology is full of inspiring gods and goddesses. If you are looking for a baby girl name of Indian origin, consider naming your little one after a Hindu goddess.
We came up with Hindu goddess names from the Tamil, Telugu, and Vedic traditions.
Some of our favorite Hindi names include Ahalya, who was the most beautiful woman, Divya, the divine mother Goddess, Aditi, the personification of infinity who held up the sky, and Shakti, the embodiment of feminine power.
Discover even more names inspired by Hinduism and mythology below with our full list of 75 Hindu goddess names for your baby girl.
Hindu Goddess Baby Girl Names
- Ahalya - The most beautiful woman in the universe, Ahalya was created by Brahma. She is also the Goddess of the moon.
- Aspara - Hinduism, Buddhism, spirit of the clouds
- Bhumi - Goddess of the earth
- Buddhi - Means “intelligence.” Buddhi was the wife of Ganesha.
- Daksha - Sanskirt, able, dextrous; Hinduism, one of several agents of creation
- Divya - Hinduism, the divine mother
- Gayatri - The personified form of a Vedic hymn called the Gayatri Mantra.
- Jambavati, a wife of Lord Krishna
- Kali - Hindu mythology, the goddess of Death
- Kalindi - Daughter of the sun god and the cloud Goddess, Kalindi is a wife of Lord Krishna
- Lalita - Hindu mother Goddess
- Lakshmana - A wife of Lord Krishna
- Lakshmi - Sanskrit, noble. The goddess Lakshmi was the goddess of wealth and the wife of Lord Vishnu.
- Laxmi - The goddess Laxmi represents wealth, beauty, and power.
- Madra - A wife of Lord Krishna
- Mitravinda - A wife of Lord Krishna, she represents virtue
- Nagnajiti - The incarnation of Nila Devi and the wife of Lord Krishna
- Nagnajiti - A wife of Lord Krishna
- Nakshatra - Sanskrit, lunar mansion
- Parvati - Sanskrit, daughter of the mountain; Hinduism, The Goddess Parvati was the wife of Lord Shiva. Parvati is a popular name in India.
- Pattini - Sri Lankan Buddhism, Goddess-guardian of Sri Lanka
- Radha - Goddess and chief consort of Lord Krishna
- Rahika - Goddess and chief consort of Lord Krishna
- Rukmini - Sanskrit, radiant, Queen goddess and chief consort of Lord Krishna
- Sakti - Hindu philosophy, feminine power
- Saraswati - The Hindu goddess Saraswati represents art and music, knowledge and wisdom, speech, and learning.
- Satrajiti - the incarnation of the earth goddess and the wife of Lord Krishna
- Satyabhama - the incarnation of the earth goddess and the wife of Lord Krishna
- Shakti - Hindu philosophy, feminine power
- Siddhi - Sanskrit, fulfillment, success; Hinduism, the wife of Ganesha
- Sita - The female protagonist in the Ramayana, a Hindu epic. The goddess Sita was the wife of Lord Rama.
- Uma - Sanskrit, daughter of the mountain; Hinduism, the wife of Lord Shiva
- Vidya - A Hindu tantric religion. Vidya means knowledge or learning.
Tamil Mythology Baby Girl Names
- Athaaa - Goddess of victory and of war
- Bhudevi - Earth goddess
- Durga - The goddess Durga is associated with protection, motherhood, and war.
- Kannaki Amman - Goddess form of the heroine of Silapathikaram, a Tamil epic. She is the goddess of chastity, fertilization, and rain.
- Kannagi - Heroine of Silapathikaram, a Tamil epic.
- Mari - Goddess of victory and of war
- Minakshi - Means “fish-eyed”, Minakshi was an incarnation of Parvati.
- Neeli - Goddess of victory and of war
- Nila Devi - A consort of Vishnu
- Parashakti - A chief goddess
- Kotravai - Goddess of victory and of war
- Korrava - Goddess of victory and of war
- Sridevi - Goddess of wealth and prosperity
- Suli - Goddess of victory and of war
Telugu Hindu Baby Girl Names
- Aaghnya - Goddess of fire
- Abirami - Daughter of the mountain, wife of Lord Shiva
- Annapurna - Goddess of food
- Athvika - Goddess of strength and energy
- Ayantika - A name representing the Goddess Durga and Goddess Parvati;
- Bhadra - Wife of Lord Krishna
- Bhagyalakshmi - Goddess of wealth
- Chandravadana - Means “moon-faced” in Hindu
- Hyndhavi - Goddess of motherhood and war
- Ishani - Wife of Lord Shiva
- Kiana - Goddess of the moon
- Kavishri - Goddess Lakshmi; Poetess.
- Mythradevi - Goddess of Truth
- Naomika - Name related to the Goddess Durga and Lakshmi.
- Rupeshwari - Goddess of beauty
Vedic Indian Baby Girl Names
- Aditi - The personification of infinity, she supports the sky
- Anala - One of eight Vasus who attend Indra, Lord of the Heavens. Anala personifies fire.
- Anila - One of eight Vasus who attend Indra, Lord of the Heavens. Anila personifies the wind.
- Apa - One of eight Vasus who attend Indra, Lord of the Heavens. Apa personifies water.
- Asura - Buddhism, demigod or goddess
- Devi - Hinduism, heavenly divine
- Dhara - One of eight Vasus who attend Indra, Lord of the Heavens. Dhara personifies the earth.
- Dhruva - One of eight Vasus who attend Indra, Lord of the Heavens. Dhruva personifies the north star.
- Indra - Goddess of the sky
- Prabhasa - One of eight Vasus who attend Indra, Lord of the Heavens. Prabhasa personifies light.
- Satya - Sanskrit, the virtue of truthfulness
- Soma - One of eight Vasus who attend Indra, Lord of the Heavens. Soma personifies the moon.
- Usha - Goddess of the dawn
Looking for more baby names and inspiration? Check out our Baby Name Center.
Considering one of these names? Pin it to save it for later: