Girl name origins & meanings
- Old English: Spark
What does Ember mean and stand for?
The name Ember is of Old English origin and means "spark." It is derived from the Old English word æmerge, meaning the same thing. Ember is also a spelling variation of Amber.
According to Social Security Administration data, Ember has dramatically increased in popularity, breaking the top 1000 for the first time in 2009. It broke the top 200 in 2019, and reached a peak rank of 187 in 2020.
According to Google search data analysis, in the last five years Ember was at its peak popularity in September 2019.
Ember has been a fairly popular unisex name despite a short list of notable namesakes. This list includes child actor Ember Husak and pro wrestler Ember Moon. It is also the name of a My Little Pony and has appeared in Danny Phantom, Spyro, and The City of Ember.
Where is it Popular?
Ember was searched for most often in the following states:
Nicknames for Ember
Pairs well with these middle names
- Our Favorite Nature Names to Inspire Your Baby Name Search
- 50 Dark But Beautiful Names for Baby Girls
- 50 Names that Mean Fire for Your Little Spark of Life
- 75 Names that Mean Snow or Winter for Your Little One
- 75 Badass Girl Names for Your Little Rebel