Find Baby Names
All baby boy names that start with the letter M
Are you looking for the perfect baby boy name that starts with M? You're in luck! We've compiled the ultimate list of baby boy names beginning with M to make your baby name search easy and fun.
When considering what name to give your son, M names make strong and unique names for boys. Plus, names starting with M have never been more popular!
Discover rare M names for boys, the best options for boy middle names that start with M, and more! And if you love these boy names and want to explore the other letters of the alphabet, check out our complete list of boy names from A-Z.
Popular Boy Names That Start with M
Some "M" names have become very popular baby name picks in the last few years. Here are the most popular boy names starting with M, according to the latest data from the Social Security Administration.
- Mateo - The name Mateo, the Latinate version of Matthew, derives from the Hebrew name Mattiyahu. It is of Latin, Spanish, Italian origin and means "gift of God." Mateo is the #15 most popular boy name.
- Michael - Michael is from the personal name Michael, ultimately from Hebrew Micha-el "Who is like God?." Michael is the #17 most popular boy name.
- Mason - Mason is an occupational name for a stonemason, Middle English, Old French mas(s)on. Stonemasonry was a hugely important craft in the Middle Ages. Mason is the #18 most popular boy name.
- Matthew - Matthew is from the Middle English personal name Ma(t)thew, vernacular form of the Greek New Testament name Matthias, which is ultimately from the Hebrew personal name Matityahu "gift of God." Matthew is the #36 most popular boy name.
- Maverick - The name Maverick is of English origin and means "nonconforming" or "independent." It is derived from the English word maverick, meaning "independent." Maverick originally began as a surname before being used for given names in the 1900s. Maverick is the #47 most popular boy name.
- Miles - The name Miles is of German and Irish origin and means "soldier or servant". It is also of English origin and means "merciful". It derives from the German name Milo, and was brought to England by the Normans. Miles is the #54 most popular boy name.
- Micah - The name Micah is of Hebrew origin and means "who is like the Lord." It is a Biblical name, popular due to the prophet Micah, who wrote The Book of Micah. Micah is a contracted form of Micaiah. Micah is the #107 most popular boy name.
- Milo - The name Milo is of German origin and means "soft-hearted, merciful". It is also thought to be of Latin origin and means "soldier." It is derived from the Latin word miles, meaning "soldier." There's also a possibility that it derives from the Slavic root milu, meaning "merciful." Milo sis the #127 most popular boy name.
- Max - The name Max is of Latin origin and means "the greatest." Max was derived from Maximilian, a Latin name that originated from the Roman family name Maximus. Max is the #159 most popular boy name.
- Maxwell - The name Maxwell is of Scottish origin and means "great stream." It was originally a Scottish surname meaning Mack's stream, from the name Mack, a short form of the Scandinavian name Magnus, combined with Old English wella "stream". Maxwell is the #163 most popular boy name.
Unique and Rare Boy Names That Start with M
If popular and trendy names aren't for you, there are plenty of "M" names for boys that are uncommon and unique. Here are some of our favorite unique boy names starting with M.
- Maddyn - Hindi name meaning "cupid."
- Maik - Hawaiian name meaning "now."
- Marleigh - English name meaning "secretive."
- Marland - English name meaning "from the march."
- Melvyn - Celtic name meaning "chief."
- Mick - Hebrew name meaning "Who is like god?".
- Monro - Irish name meaning "mouth of the Roe River."
- Montana - Spanish name meaning "mountain."
- Muray - Celtic name meaning "sailor."
- Myles - English name meaning "soldier of the merciful."
Modern Boy Names That Start with M
These trending baby boy names are modern name options for your baby boy.
Cute Boy Names That Start with M
These are some of the cutest boy names beginning with M. These boy names are perfect for an adorable baby boy.
- Mylo - German name meaning "soft-hearted."
- Murfy - American name meaning "bold spirit."
- Mack - Scottish name meaning "charming."
- Maci - Old French name meaning "Matthew's estate."
- Maio - Irish name meaning "nature loving."
- Matz - Scandinavian name meaning "gift of god."
- Mads - Scandinavian name meaning "gift of god."
- Maxie - Latin name meaning "the greatest."
- Mendie - Middle English name meaning "repair man."
- Meri - Old Welsh name meaning "protector of the seas."