75 Anime Inspired Names for Girls
Anime is a unique style of Japanese animation. It is a beloved genre of art both in and out of Japan, including video games, television shows, and films. Comic books, called manga, share a similar style of drawing and characters. The two are not interchangeable; however, many fans of one are also fans of the other, and there is some crossover.
More: 75 Literary Girl Names
Because of its rich and varied history, it is filled with character names to inspire baby names for both fans and those looking for something with a special meaning. Having lived in Japan for a year, many of these names are familiar to me and bring back memories of the young students I taught who first introduced me to anime. Of course, many of these are Japanese names, but anime is also sprinkled with names from other cultures.
While anime is not as mainstream in the U.S. as it is in Japan, it is still becoming prevalent, especially among younger generations. Many kids (and adults) may be familiar with the characters from stories such as Totoro, Pokemon, and Dragonball.
Below we have compiled 75 anime girl names based on some of the most famous and most beloved anime characters to provide you with some unique inspiration on your baby name search!
Baby Girl Names
- Aiko - Japanese. Little loved one.
- Aimi - Japanese. Beautiful. Loved. It is the first name of a popular voice actor in Japan.
- Aina - Scandinavian. Forever. Aina Yoshiwara is the main character from Grand Blue.
- Akane - Japanese. Deep red.
- Akeno - Japanese. Bright shining field. A character from the series High School DXD.
- Akira - Japanese. Bright. Clear. It is the name of a 1988 anime movie.
- Aletta - Spanish. WInged-one. A character from the series Restaurant to Another World.
- Aoi - Japanese. Hollyhock flower. Traditionally a gender-neutral name. Aoi is a character from Working!!
- Ari - Hebrew/Scandanavian. Lion or eagle. Ari is traditionally a boy’s name, but Ari Jin is a female character from Flowering Heart. Her flower, the pink azalea, means greetings of love.
- Asami - Japanese. Future. Morning beauty.
- Asuka - Japanese. Tomorrow. Smell or perfume. A Protagonist in Ninja Flash!
- Aya - Japanese. Woven silk. Commonly used name in both anime and manga.
- Ayame - Japanese. Iris. A character from Naruto
- Ayane - Japanese. Color and design. Sound. The main character from the Ninja Gaiden game series.
- Ayumu - Japanese. Walk. Dream. Vision.
- Boa - Urdu. Sister. A character from the anime One Piece.
- Chiharu - Japanese. A thousand. Clear weather. A character from the series Cardcaptor Sakura.
- Chika - Japanese. Scatter. Flower. Character from the manga series Kaguya-sama-Love is War.
- Chinatsu - Japanese. Thousand summers.
- Chiyo - Japanese. A thousand sparkles.
- Chiyoko - Japanese. A thousand generations.
- Chouko - Japanese. Butterfly child.
- Daiki - Japanese. Very noble and great. A character from Kuroko no Basket.
- Emi - Japanese. Great blessing. From Violence Jack Evil Town.
- Emiko - Japanese. Blessed child.
- Eri - Japanese. Drawing. A character from My Hero Academia.
- Etsuko - Japanese. Happy child. A character from the Doraemon series.
- Faye - French. Loyalty. Belief. Faye Valentine is a character from Cowboy Bepop.
- Fujiko - Japanese. Child of wisteria. A character from Lupin III.
- Fumiko - Japanese. Beautiful child. It is a name used widely throughout anime.
- Galaxia - English/Latin. A variation of the word galaxy. A character from Sailor Moon.
- Hana - Spanish. Happiness, flower. Popular name throughout anime and manga.
- Haruka - Japanese. Distant, remote. Spring. Used in anime in Sailor Moon and is commonly seen on ist for boy names.
- Hikari - Japanese. Light. A character in Digimon Adventure.
- Hinata - Japanese. Sunflower, facing the sun. manga character.
- Hitomi - Japanese. Pupil of the eye. The main character in Iroduko.
- Honoka - Japanese. Harmony. Faint. Indistinct.
- Hoshi - Japanese. Star. Traditionally a boy’s name. He is the main character in Dragon Ball Hoshi.
- Izumi - Japanese. Spring. Fountain. The main character in the Horimiya series.
- Kamiko - Japanese. Little goddess.
- Kanon - Japanese. Flower. The name of a manga series.
- Kaori - Japanese. Name. Fragrance.
- Kaoru - Japanese. Japanese. Fragrance. Balmy.
- Kasumi - Japanese. Mist. The main character from Asobi Asobase.
- Kiko - Japanese. Be glad. Rejoicing.
- Kiyomi - Japanese. Pure. Beauty.
- Kokoro - Japanese. Heart. A character from One Piece.
- Konan - Old English. Warlike. A character from Naruto.
- Lina - Arabic. Small, young palm tree. A character from the Slayers manga series.
- Madoka - Japanese. Tranquil. A popular anime series.
- Maki - Japanese. Truth child. Maki Zenin is a supporting character in Jujutsu Kaisen.
- Mami - Japanese. Real. True. Beautiful.
- Masami - Japanese. Become beautiful. Masami Yoshida is a supporting character in the series The Amazing World of Gumball.
- Mayu - Japanese. Mayu Miyuki is a character from the popular anime/manga Ai Yori Aoshi.
- Mei - Chinese. Beautiful. Mei Misaki is a popular anime character.
- Michiko - Japanese. Passing child. Child of the beautiful wisdom. Child of the beautiful knowledge.
- Mio - Spanish. Beautiful. Cherry Blossom. Mio Naruse is a main anime character.
- Miyako - Japanese. Beautiful night.
- Miyuki - Japanese. Wonderful blessing. Shiba Miyuki is the main character of the series The Irregular in Magic High School.
- Mizuki - Japanese. Beautiful moon. A supporting character from the series Kamisama Kiss.
- Naomi - Hebrew. Pleasant one. The first name of a character from the manga series Death Note.
- Noa - Hebrew. Motion. Noa Himsake is the main character from the series Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita.
- Noriko - Japanese. Law and order. A character from Kiznavier.
- Reiko - Japanese. Gratitude. A character from Parasyte.
- Rika - Japanese. Eternal ruler. Fragrance. The main character from Higurashi: When They Cry.
- Rin - Japanese. Dignified.
- Saki - Japanese. Blossom. Hope. Name of a Japanese manga series.
- Sakura - Japanese. Cherry blossom.
- Satsuki - Japanese. Fifth month.
- Shizuka - Japanese. Quiet child. Character from the series Naruto.
- Sora - Japanese. Sky. The main character in the anime series and manga of the same name, Digimon.
- Tora- Japanese. Tigress.
- Yasu - Japanese. Calm.
- Yoko - Japanese. Good. Positive.
- Yumi - Japanese/Korean. Reason. Cause. Friend. Beautiful.
Looking for more baby names and inspiration? Check out our Baby Name Center.
Considering one of these names? Pin it to save it for later: