- Kids12 Easy Ways to Make Family Fitness Part of Your Everyday RoutineAs a parent, you can encourage family fitness through competition, games, and rewards to build healthy habits for life. After all, sitting on the sidelines cheering on your favorite pro-sports team or at your child's soccer game has its place, bu...Cara J. Stevens
- Entertainment and Activities6 STEM Playtime Activities for KidsThese days, many parents know the benefits of bolstering their kids' interest and talents in the STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) world. Yet, they aren't sure how and when to start. The truth is, it's never too early to start eng...Rebecca Desfosse
- Active Play7 Fun Driveway and Sidewalk Games for KidsLooking for some classic outdoor games kids can play in the driveway or on the sidewalk, just like the good ol' days? From hopscotch to bubble-blowing contests, here's something for all ages. Best of all, you don't need a lot of equipment or a bi...
- Active PlayStraight JumpingStraight JumpingDirections These rhymes can be used by individual jumpers and by children jumping in groups. I love coffee. I love tea. I love the boys (girls), And the boys (girls) love me. Postman, postman, Do your duty. Send this letter To...Trish Kuffner, author of The Children's Busy Book
- Active PlaySpeed JumpingSpeed JumpingDirections These rhymes can be used by individual jumpers and by children jumping in groups. Twirl the rope very fast after saying the word pepper and count to see how many fast jumps the jumper can make before he trips. Mabel, Mabel...Trish Kuffner, author of The Children's Busy Book
- Active PlayAction JumpingAction JumpingEach of these rhymes is meant for group jump rope. As everyone chants the rhyme, the jumper jumps while dramatizing the actions. I'm a little Dutch girl dressed in blue. Here are the things I like to do: Salute to the captain, bow t...Trish Kuffner, author of The Children's Busy Book
- Active PlayHow to Organize Your Child's PlayroomIt's pretty frustrating when you help your child clean up their toys--only for them to make a mess again the very next day...and the next...and the next. Hey, kids will be kids--of course--but an organized playroom can bring mom and dad, peace of...Rachel Sokol
ABCmouse.com offers a full, award-winning online curriculum for kids ages 2-8. Try it free for 30 days!