Boy name origins & meanings
- Teutonic, Old English : Trader; town of peace
What does Paxton mean and stand for?
The name Paxton is of English origin and means "town of peace." It is derived from an Old English surname-Pœcc-a place name meaning "Pœcc's town."
Family name origins & meanings
- Scottish and English : habitational name from places in the former county of Berwickshire and in Cambridgeshire, so named from the Old English personal name Pæcc + tūn ‘settlement’.
What Does the Name Paxton Mean?
Paxton is a gender-neutral name of Latin origin and means "peace town." The name has become popular with the X-name trend that seems to continue throughout the years.
How Popular is the Name Paxton?
Paxton is the number 255 most popular boys name in the US, according to 2021 Social Security Administration data. Starting at 947 in 200, the name has dramatically jumped ranks over the last two decades.
However, it is the 8th most popular name on FamilyEducation.com.
Popularity of the Name Paxton in the United States
According to Google search data analysis, in the last five years Paxton was at its peak popularity in December 2020.
Paxton was searched for most often in the following states:
Famous People Named Paxton and Paxton in Pop Culture
Appearing on the list with actor Paxton Whitehead, Paxton has many other notable namesakes: NFL player Paxton James Lynch, hockey player Paxton James Schulte, and pop singer Paxton Ingram. The name has also appeared in Batman Beyond, F.E.A.R., The Proposal, and Ant Man.
Pairs Well with These Middle Names
- 75 Spiritual Names with Deep Meanings
- 75 Inspirational Names for Baby
- 100 Names that Mean Peace for Your Baby