Chelsea is a developmental psychologist, writer, coach, and consultant. She works to bridge the gap between research and practice by creating materials and resources that communicate the latest cutting-edge research for parents, caregivers, and practitioners.
Chelsea worked as a laboratory coordinator, research and evaluation specialist, and professional writer before founding Chelsea Hetherington Coaching, and is currently working as a Research Assistant Professor at the University of Illinois.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ph.D. Child Psychology, University of Minnesota.
- M.A Child Psychology, University of Minnesota.
- BA Psychology, University of Michigan.
- Associate Certified Coach, International Coaching Federation.
- ICF Member Badge, International Coaching Federation.
FamilyEducation Area of Expertise
Dr. Chelsea Hetherington is the lead expert advisor and writer for the Psychology section of FamilyEducation.