popular topics in autism
- Autism8 Great Children's Books About Autism8 Great Children's Books About Autism About 1 in 68 children has an autism spectrum disorder (ASD), according to the CDC, so your family probably knows someone with autism. Help your child learn more about ASDs by reading these children's book...
- Signs and Symptoms of AutismSpotlight: Creativity! Study Finds ADHD Kids Are More CreativeSpotlight: Creativity! Study Finds ADHD Kids Are More Creative It's a belief many parents of kids with ADHD have long held — kids with ADHD are more creative than their non-ADHD counterparts. New research shows that what was perhaps once consi...Lindsay Hutton
- Signs and Symptoms of AutismBehavioral Characteristics of Autism Spectrum DisordersBehavioral Characteristics of Autism Spectrum Disorders A word of caution: this list is not meant to be a diagnostic checklist, but is intended to give you some ideas of the types of behaviors someone with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) may ...
- Autism Treatments5 Creative Ways to Finance Autism Therapies5 Creative Ways to Finance Autism Therapiesby Areva Martin, Esq.Nonprofit and health foundations. There are some organizations, like the United HealthCare Children's Foundation, that provides grants for autism services to middle- and low-income ...Areva Martin, Esq.
- Coping With AutismHelping Your Child with Autism Help HimselfHelping Your Child with Autism Help Himselfby Areva Martin, Esq.Many of the seven principles of advocacy you are using to hone your abilities as a parent-advocate for your child with autism can be adapted to your child. Your child with mild, mo...Areva Martin, Esq.
- Coping With AutismBehavioral Guidance for Your Child with AutismBehavioral Guidance for Your Child with Autismby Areva Martin, Esq.Children with autism typically have trouble telling the difference between what should be done in private and what can be done in public. This confusion is caused by a cognitive ...
- Learning Disabilities PrintablesCharacteristics Checklist for Asperger's Syndrome: Social InteractionsPrint out and use this checklist to help in an initial diagnosis of Asperger's syndrome in your child. You can find more checklists on Asperger's syndrome here. ...
- AAP Says Interactive Screen Time Can Be HealthyWhen it comes to screen time and kids, it isn't all bad news. The American Academy of Pediatrics offers guidelines on how to make screen time healthy and educational.Curious World
- Coping With AutismTalking with Your Child About AutismTalking with Your Child About Autismby Areva Martin, Esq.Inevitably, your child with mild to moderate to high-functioning autism will ask questions about his disorder. He will want to know why he is different from other children at school, in th...
- Coping With AutismThe Call to Advocacy for Your Child with AutismThe Call to Advocacy for Your Child with Autism Accepting that your child has autism takes courage and a strong dose of faith — the ability to believe that the four-year-old who is completely nonverbal today will one day learn to communicate. ...Areva Martin, Esq.
- Coping With AutismFacing Your Child's Autism DiagnosisFacing Your Child's Autism Diagnosis Getting an accurate autism diagnosis is a turning point. In practical terms, it means that you can stop wondering what's wrong and start learning everything you need to know about your child's condition. Inst...Areva Martin, Esq.
- Autism6 Autism Awareness Activities for Kids6 Autism Awareness Activities for Kids April 2, 2016, is World Autism Awareness Day, and April is Autism Awareness Month. Find cool activities for your kids, family, and school to observe the occasion and boost support for people living with a...
- Coping With Autism7 Ways to Be an Everyday Advocate for Your Child with AutismStanding up for your child with autism isn't easy, but every parent can learn the skills to become a powerful advocate and help improve the system for people with autism spectrum disorders (ASD). One mother of a child with autism, and a legal exp...Erin Dower
- Tools for LD Children6 Strategies to Help Your Child with LD SucceedIf you have a child with a learning disability, you know how hard it can be to get him excited about schoolwork. Check out these tips and strategies from our readers that will help your child accomplish his goals, and encourage him to go that ex...Lindsay Hutton
- Diagnosing LdsTop 10 Tips for Parents Who Have a Child with LDAs a parent, learning disabilities can be tough to deal with some times. Find strategies to help cope with your child's disability, and tips to help your child manage in and out of the classroom. ...the Council for Exceptional Children
- ADHD5 Back-to-School Gadgets to Help Kids with ADHD and AutismIt might seem hard to believe, but summer is quickly coming to a close and, before you know it, your kids will start the new school year. If you have a child with autism or ADHD, going back-to-school usually means dealing with a lot of anxiety, d...Kelly Sundstrom
- Fact Monster - a safe online educational space for kids
Are you worried about your kids being online? Fact Monster is a KidSafe-certified site for your kids to get homework help, play games and watch educational videos. Check it out...and give Same Game a try yourself!
sponsored contentFamily Education
- Signs and Symptoms of Asperger's SyndromeThe 6 Characteristics of Asperger's SyndromeHas your child been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome? Read up on the characteristics of this disorder, so you can find strategies to cope with your child's behaviors. ...Lindsay Hutton