popular topics in mom's corner
- Pregnant At WorkWhen Do I Tell My Boss I'm Pregnant?“I just wanted to let you know…I’m pregnant.” Are you preparing to tell your boss, and Human Resources, about this exciting (and yes, also scary) news? First of all, congratulations! Next up on your agenda: handling the transition from w...Rachel Sokol
- Mom's CornerMeghan and Harry Got Married, but Princess Charlotte Was the Real StarCelebrities and royals from around the world gathered at Winsdor Castle to watch Prince Harry and Meghan Markle (now the Duke and Dutchess of Sussex) wed last weekend. Everyone from Oprah Winfrey to the princess of Lesotho was there, and the crow...Laurie Mega
- Parenting StyleYour Parenting Style: Are You An Extreme Parent?Your Parenting Style: Are You An Extreme Parent? Think back to when you were a child--did your parents allow you to roam free and play as you pleased? Or did they keep you within eyesight and make sure you were supervised by an adult at all times...Lindsay Hutton
- PregnancyMoms-to-Be Can Beat the Heat With These Must-See Summer MoviesIf you're in your second or third trimester—heck, even if you're in your first—the summer heat can be a real challenge. With summer fast approaching, you're going to need an escape plan. How about the movies? What could be better? It's air-c...Laurie Mega
- Mom's CornerLive Every Day Like You're at Target With These Home Décor IdeasI love following Target on Instagram. They have some of the most beautiful home décor ideas, and they're always up on the latest trends. Here are some of the best ideas I've found for spring. Brunch Brunch never goes out of style. With your own ...Laurie Mega
- Gun SafetyImportant Playdate Question: “Are You a Gun Owner?”In the weeks following the horrific school shooting in Parkland, FL, gun control has been a hot-button topic of conversation in the media, online and in our own homes. It's a divisive issue, playing out into (sometimes ugly) debates. Still, guns ...Rachel Sokol
- Social media can be a wonderful thing, especially when you have kids. Not only does it allow you share pictures and milestones of your kids with your friends, it also can be a great source of support when the going gets tough and you need a place...Lindsay Hutton
- AAP Says Interactive Screen Time Can Be HealthyWhen it comes to screen time and kids, it isn't all bad news. The American Academy of Pediatrics offers guidelines on how to make screen time healthy and educational.Curious World
- Family Life9 Ways to Bring Hygge Into Your HomeDoes your home make you feel warm and cozy? When you come home at night, do you get a sense of peace and tranquility from your surroundings? Honestly, you should. Our homes are a personal extension of ourselves; so when you walk through the fron...Rachel Sokol
- Mom's Corner2018 Olympics: 2 Mom Athletes Making History NowWe know all the blood, sweat and tears that go into being a mom. Now imagine you're also an Olympian. Yeah, we couldn't either. That's what makes these to women, one a trailblazing cross-country skiier and one a world champion snowboarder and par...Laurie Mega
- Christmas MoviesTop 10 Chick Flicks to Watch This Holiday SeasonA Bad Moms Christmas Rated RRunning time: 1h 44minBuy on Amazon (affiliate links) We're starting off the list with a movie that’s not a rom com, but definitely provides an escape. The comedy A Bad Moms Christmas is the sequel to the 2016 mov...Erin Dower and FEN Staff
- Handling Life ChangesCoping with Frustrations of MotherhoodThe mother of a three-year-old wonders why she feels overwhelmed and saddened by the demands of motherhood. ...
- ThanksgivingBlack Friday Shopping with Kids Survival GuideThe dread slowly builds in the pit of your stomach. Your first inkling that you can't escape it is when stores break out the Christmas decorations mere days after Halloween. The half-off candy sale isn't even over before you have your choice of c...Steve Auger
- Mom's CornerInspirational Moms: Four of a Kind...
- FallAre You Fall Enough? With Kim Bongiorno...Kim Bongiorno
- Mother/Daughter RelationshipsMothers Raising Daughters: 30 Critical TipsMothers Raising Daughters: 30 Critical Tips Woman to Woman Competition has the potential to be a very constructive experience. Among high-achieving women, one third of those studied mentioned that they could recall positive experiences centered ...
- Fact Monster - a safe online educational space for kids
Are you worried about your kids being online? Fact Monster is a KidSafe-certified site for your kids to get homework help, play games and watch educational videos. Check it out...and give Same Game a try yourself!
sponsored contentFamily Education
- Mom's CornerTotally Reasonable Places to Look for Your Kid's JacketTranscript: “It’s time to go! All I need is my kid’s jacket, and I know exactly where to look.” Title card: Time to look…on his hook [All coats but his are hanging.] Title card: On the floor. [Mom spins around, looking on t...Kim Bongiorno