Boy name origins & meanings
- French : Light; laidback
- Latin : Bringer of light
- Greek : Patron saint of doctors, artists, and creatives
- English : Bringer of light
Boy name variations
Family name origins & meanings
- English : from a derivative of Lucas. This was (and is) the common vernacular form of the name, being the one by which the author of the fourth Gospel is known in English.
- English : habitational name for someone from Liège in Belgium (Dutch Luik).
- North German (Lüke) : from a short form of Lüdeke; Luedecke.