Are you looking for the perfect baby girl name that starts with R? You're in luck! We've compiled the ultimate list of baby girl names beginning with R to make your baby name search easy and fun.
When considering what name to give your daughter, R names make strong and unique names for girls. Plus, names starting with R have never been more popular!
Discover rare R names for girls, the best options for girl middle names that start with R, and more! And if you love these girl names and want to explore the other letters of the alphabet, check out our complete list of girl names from A-Z.
Popular Girl Names That Start with R
Some "R" names have become very popular baby name picks in the last few years. Here are the most popular girl names starting with R, according to the Social Security Administration.
- Riley - The name Riley is Greek and means "valiant." Riley is the #37 most popular girl name.
- Ruby - The name Ruby is of Latin and French origin and means "deep red precious stone." It derives from the Latin word ruber, meaning red. Ruby is the #62 most popular girl name.
- Rylee - The name Rylee is of English origin and is a variant of the name Riley. Rylee is the #97 most popular girl name.
- Raelynn - The name Raelynn is a modern English word that combines the name Rae with the popular suffix -lynn. It is thought to be a youthful name. Raelynn is the #103 most popular girl name.
- Rose - The name Rose is of Latin origin and means "rose, a flower." Rose is the #116 most popular girl name.
- Remi - Remi is of French origin and means "Fun-loving." Remi is the #122 most popular girl name.
- Raegan - The name Raegan is a modern spelling of the Irish name Reagan, meaning "kingly." Raegan is the #126 most popular girl name.
- Reese - The name Reese is of Welsh origin and means "enthusiastic" or "ardent." Reese is the #147 most popular girl name.
- River - The name River is of English origin and refers to a body of flowing water. River is the #151 most popular girl name.
- Ryleigh - The name Ryleigh is of Irish origin and means "courageous." Ryleigh is the #164 most popular girl name.
Unique and Rare Girl Names That Start with R
If popular and trendy names aren't for you, there are plenty of "R" names for girls that are uncommon and unique. Here are some of our favorite unique girl names starting with R.
- Rafa - Spanish name meaning "God heals." Rafa is the feminine version of Raphael.
- Rah'zell - Hebrew name meaning "little lamb; one with purity."
- Rashida - African name meaning "righteous."
- Rhiannon - Welsh name for a mythological nymph.
- Rieko - Japnese name meaning "child of Rie."
- Rhoswen - Gaelic name meaning "white rose."
- Rhu - Hindi name meaning "pure."
- Rosetta - Latin name meaning "flower."
- Rosalind - Spanish name meaning "pretty rose."
- Rosanna - Latin name meaning "gracious rose."
Modern Girl Names That Start with R
These trending baby girl names are modern name options for your baby girl.
- Rosalie - Latin for "flower." Rosalie is the German and Dutch version of "Rasalia."
- Raelyn - Modern English name combining two girl names, "Rae" and "Lyn."
- Robyn - English name meaning "bright." Alternate spelling of "Robin."
Cute Girl Names That Start with R
These are some of the cutest girl names starting with R. These girl names are perfect for an adorable baby girl.
- Rai - Japanese name meaning "trust."
- Rani - Hindi name meaning "queen."
- Rosie - Latin name meaning "a flower."
- Rini - Japanese name meaning "little bunny."
- Rivy - Hebrew name meaning "to tie, bind."
- Rue - French : topographic name for someone who lived on a track or pathway.
- Ruthie - Hebrew name meaning "compassionate friend."
- Rosina - Latin name meaning "a flower."
- Rowena - Welsh name meaning "slender."
- Roxie - Persian name meaning "brilliant one.