popular topics in teens
- TeensTeens and Vaping: 5 Things Parents Need to KnowVaping, e-cigs, e-cigars, hookah, vape pens, and other electronic nicotine delivery systems are replacing cigarettes as the new fad for kids, teens and young adults. Since their U.S. introduction in 2007, "E-cigarette usage has doubled among midd...Cara Stevens
- Jobs and ChoresJobs for TeensTeenagers earn more than just spending money at a part-time job -- they earn experience, financial independence, responsibility, and savings for college. Life as a teenager can be hectic between school, friends, and home. That's why part-time job...
- Entertainment and Activities5 New Year's Eve Ideas for Teens Who Want to Celebrate3...2...1... Happy New Year! As you raise a glass and toast the start of 2018, don't worry what your kids are up to. Plan ahead! These New Year's Eve ideas for teens and tweens will help them celebrate the holiday without the lure of drugs, alcoh...Angela Tague
- TeensTop 10 Best and Worst Gifts for TeensThere are certain groups of people that are just impossible to shop for. Number one on that list is teens. Their tastes run from the expensive (he just has to have the latest Apple i-Thing) to the bizarre-but-trendy. (Can some please explain what...Laurie Mega
- College AlternativesLife After High School: Top 10 Alternatives to CollegeAttending college after high school isn't for everyone. Some teens choose to take a year or two off before continuing their education, while others jump right into the workforce. If your teen is looking to explore his options, check out these alt...
- Handicrafts8 Epic Emoji-Themed Crafts, Activities & RecipesAre your kids obsessed with emoji? We've rounded up the best emoji crafts, activities, and treats found on Pinterest. Whether you're throwing an emoji-themed birthday party or simply want to have some (shhh... screen-free!) fun with kids, tweens...
- Mobile Apps10 Apps for Parents to Monitor Kids' Mobile Use*/ Kids and mobile devices can be a scary mix. Whether your toddler is just starting to use your family tablet or your teen has a new smartphone of her own, check out the wide variety of apps and software — free and paid — that you can use t...Erin Dower
ABCmouse.com offers a full, award-winning online curriculum for kids ages 2-8. Try it free for 30 days!
- Communicating With TeensHarvard Rescinds Students Over Posts: How Can You Keep Your Students from Dangerous Posts?According to the Harvard Crimson, Harvard University’s on-campus newspaper, at least 10 students of the class of 2021 have been asked not to join their fellow students at the prestigious school this fall. Their acceptance was rescinded after th...Laurie Mega
- Teens5 Ways to Talk to Your Kids About Peer PressureAs kids reach elementary school age, they become more and more susceptible to peer pressure. Peer pressure comes in all sorts of shapes and sizes, from others pressuring your child to drink or do drugs to encouraging them to give it their all in ...Rebecca Desfosse
- Teens5 Things Your Teen Won’t Learn in Driver’s EdRemember driver's ed from those days of yore? The essentials you learned have likely carried over into your everyday adult life—executing a three-point turn, parallel parking, and knowing who has the right of way at a four-way stop. But, what a...Mark Simmonds
- Talking About SexAn Age-by-Age Guide to Teaching Kids About "The Birds & The Bees"What should kids call their private parts? How do I explain where babies come from? Should I give my child a heads up about puberty? When should we have the "big talk"? These are just a few of the many questions you might have about talking with ...Erin Dower
- TeensCommunicating With Teens: All It Takes Is Three Magic WordsCommunicating with teens can be tough, but these three magic words --what's your plan -- may fix your relationship for good. Teenagers are old enough to know what they have to do and they may be together enough to have some idea of how to tackle ...Cara J. Stevens
- Teens5 Easy Meals Teens Can Cook ThemselvesWhether he gets struck by the hunger bug at 2 a.m. or you end up in bumper to bumper traffic on the way home from work, there will be times when your teen has to fend for himself for dinner. Sure, he could just grab two slices of bread and some p...Rebecca Desfosse
- Teens6 Tips for Dealing With Your Teen's 'TudeIt seems to strike out of nowhere: One day you ask your normally sweet, friendly child to hang up her coat when she gets in from school, and any other day she would have done so, but today she responds with a massive eyeroll (where did she learn ...Colleen Hughes
- Mobile AppsSafety Beyond Facebook: 12 Social Media Apps Every Parent Should Know About*/ Pop quiz: What is Voxer? If you're scratching your head, it's time to read up on the trendy new social media apps kids are using. Friending your child on Facebook is now just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to online safety. Click thro...Erin Dower
- Sign Up Today for Similac Strong MomsEvery baby is unique. And so is every mom. Sign up for Similac Strong Moms and receive gifts and benefits tailored to you and your baby!
- TeensTeen Driving: Safety Advice for Snowy ConditionsPassing their road test and--finally!--getting their driver's license is a teenage right of passage. For them, driving without a licensed driver beside them in a car means, "Freeeeedom!" The words "teen driving" can trigger fear in any parent, so...Rachel Sokol