This art activity box can be used to store photos, jewelry, or other treasures.
Table of contents
Use this box to store photos, jewelry, or other treasures.
- Tissue paper, patterned or in complementary colors
- Sponge brush
- Decoupage glue
- Small box with removable lid
- Three disposable cups
- Craft glue or glue gun (optional)
- Dried or silk flowers (optional)
- Ribbon (optional)
- Metallic-ink pen or permanent marker (optional)
- Have your child tear the tissue paper into small pieces.
- Use the sponge brush to paint a thin layer of decoupage glue on the outside of the box lid.
- Have your child quickly cover the glue with overlapping tissue pieces. (If your child works slowly, use only a little glue at a time.)
- When the lid is covered to your child?s satisfaction, balance it on a disposable cup to dry for about an hour.
- Repeat the process above for the sides of the box.
- Balance it on two disposable cups to dry for an hour, then flip it over and do the same for the bottom of the box.
- If you like, decorate the lid by gluing on dried or silk flowers tied with ribbon. You can also use a metallic-ink pen or permanent marker to write a label on the box, such as "Emily's Treasures" or "Grandma's Photos."