40 Thanksgiving Jokes for Kids
Thanksgiving jokes are a fun way to get everyone laughing at Thanksgiving dinner, whether it's in person or virtually this year. After you gobble up the last of your mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie, share some funny Thanksgiving jokes and puns.
A great Thanksgiving dinner is about more than just a delicious meal, it's about spending this day off enjoying time with your loved ones. Bonding doesn't always happen naturally, especially between family members of varying interests and ages. Joke-telling is a great way to encourage everyone to loosen up and laugh together, making memories that will last for a lifetime.
More: The 60 Best Dad Jokes of All Time
Planning ahead can make joke-sharing even more fun. Let everyone know ahead of time that they should prepare some jokes or puns. You can even make it into a game with prizes for the funniest jokes or a competition where jokes get one point if they have been researched and two points if they are original. However you do it, keep it fun and light. Casually pulling this article up and letting the kids read them aloud is also enjoyable for the whole family. Of course, you will want to make sure all the jokes are appropriate for children if you have young ones around your Thanksgiving table.
Check out our list of 40 kid-friendly Thanksgiving puns and jokes to share around the table this year!
Kid-Friendly Thanksgiving Jokes and Puns
- What do you call a running turkey? Fast food!
- If the pilgrims were alive today, what would they be most famous for? For living so long!
- A turkey was arrested. What were the charges? Fowl play!
- What should you wear to Thanksgiving this year? A har-vest!
- What kind of music did the pilgrims listen to? Plymouth Rock!
- What’s a turkey’s favorite dessert? Peach gobbler!
- Why didn’t the turkey eat a bite at Thanksgiving dinner? He was completely stuffed!
- What instrument does a turkey play? The drum, because it already has drumsticks!
- What key has legs and can't open doors? A tur-key!
- Why did the cranberries turn red? They saw the turkey dressing!
- Can a turkey really jump higher than the Empire State Building? Yes, buildings can’t jump!
- Why did the turkey cross the road? Because it was the chicken's day off!
- What is the best thing to put into pumpkin pie? Your teeth!
- What is the best dance to do on Thanksgiving? The turkey trot!
- How many cranberries grow on a bush? All of them!
- What always comes right at the end of Thanksgiving? The letter ‘g’!
- Why was the turkey so rude at Thanksgiving dinner? He kept using fowl language!
- What did the turkey say to the hunter on Thanksgiving day? Quack quack!
- What did the turkey say after it danced in circles and got dizzy? Wobble wobble!
- What is the difference between a pirate and a cranberry farmer? A pirate buries his treasure while a cranberry farmer treasures his berries!
- A man planned to bring sweet potatoes to Thanksgiving dinner, but he sat on them. What did he bring instead? Squash!
- Which side of the turkey has the most feathers? The outside!
- Why was the turkey late to Thanksgiving dinner? It was hard to drive in the fowl weather!
- Why couldn’t the turkey band perform? Somebody had eaten the drumsticks!
- What smells the best at Thanksgiving dinner? Your nose!
- What kind of ghost visits on Thanksgiving? A poultrygeist!
- What type of glass does a turkey drink from? A goblet!
- If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring? Pilgrims!
- What happens if you hurt cranberries’ feelings? They turn into blueberries!
- What song should you play while cooking a Thanksgiving Turkey? All About That Baste!
- Why did the pilgrims' pants keep falling down? Because their belt buckles were on their hats.
- What did the turkey say to the computer? Google, google, google!
- What sound does a space turkey make? Hubble, hubble, hubble.
- Which Thanksgiving side dish tells the worst jokes? The corn(y) bread.
- Knock, knock. Who's there? Norma Lee. Norma Lee who? Norma Lee I don't eat this much!
- What role do green beans play in Thanksgiving dinner? The casse-role.
- What does Thanksgiving have in common with Halloween? Gobble-ins!
- Are turkey leftovers good for your health? Not if you’re the turkey!
- What do you call a turkey the day after Thanksgiving? Lucky!
- Where does Christmas come before Thanksgiving? In the dictionary!
Looking for more Thanksgiving fun? Check out 11 Awesome Thanksgiving Activities for You and Your Family.
Was this article helpful?
Elisa is a well-known parenting writer who is passionate about providing research-based content to help parents make the best decisions for their families.