popular topics in food
- Exercise Safety During PregnancyAsk an OB-GYN: Foods To Avoid While Pregnant...
- Food8 Delicious Cranberry Recipes for ThanksgivingWhen you think Thanksgiving dinner, you probably think turkey, potatoes and cranberry sauce. But there's so much more you can do with these very versatile berries. Looking for a warm, delicious bread, or maybe a chutney to replace that old sauce...Laurie Mega
- Maintaining Weight LossCalorie Intake for Weight Loss and Weight ManagementCalorie Intake for Weight Loss and Weight Management Counting the calories in each morsel of food that you eat is not the way to go. But you can get a general idea of how many total calories you should eat each day, to either maintain or lose we...
- Food4 Indulgent (and Oh-So-Easy) Chocolate Dessert RecipesWe all have our secret stash of treats just for us (and maybe our partner), but what if you want something more? Something indulgent that goes beyond that bag of chocolates hidden in the cabinet? Whether you're looking for a special dessert to wh...Laura Richards
- FoodWeeknight Meal Planner: 5 Easy Crockpot Meals for Your Busy WorkweekIs it possible to cook a healthy nutritious meal when you get home late from work and don't feel up to slaving over a hot stove? Yes, it is! Say sayonara to questionable TV dinners and expensive takeout. Enter the best life hack around: a crockpo...Rebecca Desfosse
- HolidaysEasy Rosh Hashanah Recipes the Whole Family will EnjoyRosh Hashanah recipes don't have to be difficult to follow. In fact, the easier they are to make, the more you can enjoy making them! All of the recipes featured here can be made simply and presented as rustic creations, but they also look great...Cara J. Stevens
- Healthy SnacksAre We Too Sweet? Our Kids' Addiction to SugarYou'd be hard-pressed to find a child who doesn't love sugary foods, and chances are the processed or packaged food your child eats has some amount of added sugar. But a sweet tooth isn't as harmless as it might seem. Our country's addiction to...Lindsay Hutton
- Fact Monster - a safe online educational space for kids
Are you worried about your kids being online? Fact Monster is a KidSafe-certified site for your kids to get homework help, play games and watch educational videos. Check it out...and give Same Game a try yourself!
sponsored contentFamily Education
- Keeping Kids Healthy10 Superfoods for KidsOne dilemma most parents encounter is the daily grind of getting their kids to eat -- and that's eat anything, let alone eating healthy foods. If you're nodding in agreement, rest assured countless moms and dads feel your pain. Still, focus on de...Steven Auger
- Food5 Easy Crockpot Recipes for Busy MomsWhen you're a mom on the go taking your kiddos to lessons, after-school classes, and sports, it can feel nearly impossible to prepare nourishing, homemade meals for your family on a regular basis. Well good news wondermom - utilizing that crockpo...Kelly Sundstrom
- Planning Healthy MealsHow to Stick to a Healthy Diet When You’re a Parent on the GoYou have to pick them both up from school. Then it’s the mad dash to her soccer game, and then right afterward, his swim meet. Once you get home, you’ll need to throw together a quick dinner and somehow allow enough time for homework and a re...Amy Magill
- FoodHow to Freeze and Thaw Leftovers to Reduce WasteHave you ever been left with so many leftovers after a party or a big dinner that there's no way you'd ever be able to eat them all before they go bad? (Or before you got sick of eating the same thing over and over again?) You can greatly the ex...Jyl Steinbeck
- Fourth of JulyFive Unique Recipes for 4th of July. Sure to be the Star of the PartyEveryone looks forward to burgers, barbecue, and hot dogs on Independence Day, but you can really make a splash at your family's potluck by making one of these 5 unique recipes for Fourth of July. Get your taste buds ready! Fourth of July Firecr...Kelly Sundstrom
- Food6 Kid-Friendly Cinco De Mayo RecipesCinco de Mayo is always a fun holiday for my family as my husband's family is Latin, and they love taking the opportunity to get together and cook. It's been lots of fun learning their home recipes and favorite foods. Here is a little round-up of...
- Food8 Scrumptious Easter Brunch RecipesAre you hosting Easter brunch but aren't sure what to serve? These kid-friendly Easter brunch recipes are sure to impress. Enjoy! French Toast Casserole Photo source: Flickr Ingredients: 1 loaf French bread, cubed 8 large eggs 2 cups milk...Rebecca Desfosse
- Nutritional Information9 Snacks with No High-Fructose Corn SyrupHigh-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) is everywhere you look, from the breads you eat to the soft drinks you consume. HFCS has been linked to the obesity epidemic and the development of type two diabetes. Although it may seem impossible to avoid, the...Lindsay Hutton
- Book FinderBook FinderFind our top picks for the best books of the year!familyeducation editors
- FoodKitchen Magic for Easy Meals: 10 Uses For One Bag of Frozen VeggiesMaking easy family meals is a lot like the If You Give a Mouse a Cookie books... When you think of making easy family meals, the first thought is to reach for something ready-made. Your second thought is probably about the guilt that goes into se...Cara J. Stevens