Girl name origins & meanings
- American : Simple happiness
- Old English : Rhythmic flow of sounds; Possibly a combination of Katy and Cody
- English, Scottish : Barrel; from the wetlands
Boy name origins & meanings
- Old English : Round
- Welsh : Pure
- French : Cask; Short form of Cadence
- Arabic : Powerful
- Gaelic : Swamp
Boy name variations
Family name origins & meanings
- German : habitational name for someone from a place called Kade near Magdeburg, Kaaden (German name of Kadeň in North Bohemia), or Kaden in Westerwald.
- Czech (Kádě) : nickname for a fat man, from kád’ ‘tub’, ‘vat’.
- Indian (Maharashtra); pronounced as two syllables : Hindu (Maratha) name of unknown meaning.