Girl name origins & meanings
- American : Simple happiness
- Old English : Rhythmic flow of sounds; Possibly a combination of Katy and Cody
Boy name origins & meanings
- Old English : Round
- Welsh : Pure
- French : Cask; Short form of Cadence
- American : Exciting
Boy name variations
Family name origins & meanings
- English : from a Middle English personal name, Cade, a survival of the Old English personal name or byname Cada, which is probably from a Germanic root meaning ‘lump’, ‘swelling’.
- English : metonymic occupational name for a cooper, from Middle English, Old French cade ‘cask’, ‘barrel’ (of Germanic origin, probably akin to the root mentioned in 1).
- English : nickname for a gentle or inoffensive person, from Middle English cade ‘domestic animal’, ‘pet’ (of unknown origin).
- French (Cadé) : topographic name from cade ‘juniper’ (from Latin catanus).
- Bearers of the name Caddé, from Amiens, were documented in Quebec city by 1670.