Erin Ollila believes in the power of words and how a message can inform – and even transform – its intended audience. She graduated from Fairfield University with an M.F.A. in Creative Writing, and then went on to co-found Spry Literary Journal as an outlet to celebrate the written word. Erin's writing can be found all over the internet and in print, and includes interviews, books, blog posts, and creative nonfiction. She lives in Southeastern Massachusetts where you can likely find her chasing around her younger daughters at her son's youth sports' games.
- Baby NamesWhen Should You Reveal Or Announce Your Baby Name?I didn’t tell anyone my daughters’ names while I was pregnant with them. The truth is, I didn’t quite know what they’d be ahead of time. I wanted to wait and meet the babies first. Naming a human is a huge responsibility — one that I d...Erin Ollila
- Family Life16 of the Best Dog Breeds for Kids and FamiliesDogs make great pets for families with kids of all ages. They are loving, loyal, and great companions, who will not only help teach your children learn about responsibility, but also about unconditional love. Whether you want someone to cuddle u...Erin Ollila
- ChristmasTo My Kids on Christmas Morning...It’s funny what you remember — and don’t remember — about the Christmas mornings of your youth when you grow up. Looking back, I remember the excitement on my brothers’ faces as they woke me up to tell me Santa had come. I remember the...Erin Ollila
- Pregnancy8 Reasons Why Being Pregnant During the Holidays Is The WorstIt’s the most wonderful time of the year. However, when you’re pregnant during the holidays you may feel anything but merry and bright. Aches, pains, and the inability to indulge in some of your favorite party snacks and drinks are only a few...Erin Ollila
- Pregnancy5 Things You Should Never Say to a Pregnant WomanDear everyone, On behalf of all pregnant women currently walking the face of the earth, I’d like to take a moment to share with you some of the most common things we hear while pregnant that should never, ever be said to us. We get that our pre...Erin Ollila
- Family Life5 Tips for Giving Each Child One-On-One TimeAs I’m nearing the due date for my third child, I can’t help but wonder how I’ll possibly make the time to give each one the individual attention they deserve. The kids will soon outnumber the adults in our household, and it’s important t...Erin Ollila