popular topics in mom's health and fitness
- PregnancyExtreme Fitness During Pregnancy: Do I Have to Ditch My Routine?We all know that one mom who hit the gym every day her entire pregnancy. (In my case, I was certainly NOT that mom, and envious of women who maintained their workout schedule their whole pregnancy!) We know that regular exercise is good for mom...Rachel Sokol
- Exercise Safety During PregnancyThe Best Yoga Positions for PregnancyPregnancy is a wonderful time but it can be physically challenging. Yoga is a great, gentle way of calming the body and mind while keeping loose and maybe helping some of the common aches and pains that carrying a baby brings. Below are a few gre...Laura Richards
- Weight ManagementWeight, BMI and Percent Body Fat ExplainedTrying to lose weight post-baby and not sure how? Or maybe you just need someone to tell you once and for all what the hell BMI is and how it affects your health? Look no further. The Active Woman's Health and Fitness Handbook breaks it all dow...
- Family LifeTop 10 Pieces of Workout Equipment for Your Home GymTo say you're a busy parent is the height of redundancy. No matter their ages, there's always something to do or some place to be that involves your children. Laundry (lots of it), changing diapers, preparing meals, soccer practice, field hockey ...Steven Auger
- Flowers PrintablesAdult Coloring Page - FlowersAdult coloring pages offer a fun and relaxing activity for moms, teachers, older kids, and teens! Print this one featuring a small floral pattern. Give it as a Mother's Day gift or Teacher Appreciation gift, along with colored pencils or fin...
- Flowers PrintablesAdult Coloring Page - RosettesAdult coloring pages offer a fun and relaxing activity for moms, teachers, older kids, and teens! Print this one featuring a large floral pattern. Give it as a Mother's Day gift or Teacher Appreciation gift, along with colored pencils or fin...
- Maintaining Weight LossCalorie Intake for Weight Loss and Weight ManagementCounting the calories in each morsel of food that you eat is not the way to go. But you can get a general idea of how many total calories you should eat each day, to either maintain or lose weight, with the following formula: First find your BM...
- AAP Says Interactive Screen Time Can Be HealthyWhen it comes to screen time and kids, it isn't all bad news. The American Academy of Pediatrics offers guidelines on how to make screen time healthy and educational.Curious World
- Tick BitesBug Off! Protect Yourself from These 6 Tick- and Mosquito-Borne DiseasesTicks and mosquitoes are two of the leading carriers of diseases to humans, and warm summer weather makes these pests more active. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) outlines the 6 most common diseases that can spread through ti...Lindsay Hutton
- Breastfeeding ChallengesNew Guidelines on Medication Safety for Breastfeeding MothersNew Guidelines on Medication Safety for Breastfeeding Mothers Do you have concerns about breastfeeding while on certain medications? Good news: In the September 2013 issue of Pediatrics, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) shares its revised...Erin Dower
- Bites and StingsSafest Bug Sprays for Your Kids: Protect Against West Nile and MoreSafest Bug Sprays for Your Kids: Protect Against West Nile and More West Nile Virus (WNV) is a potentially serious illness that is spread through mosquitoes, and is a particular threat during the summer and fall months in North America. The Cente...Lindsay Hutton
- Week 12 of PregnancyYou are 11 Weeks and 6 Days PregnantYour baby todayThe bones of the front of the skull have continued to expand and cover the head, protecting the delicate brain structures beneath. The soft spot in between the skull bones (center) remains through pregnancy and into babyhood. ...
- Eye CareEat the Rainbow for Your EyesHave you "eaten the rainbow" today? Brightly colored fruits and vegetables offer different nutrients that are good for your overall health, and eating the colors of the rainbow spectrum, especially those with the carotenoid lutein, may also prote...Bridget Swinney, R.D.
- Exercise and Sports8 Fun (and Cheap!) Family Fitness ActivitiesLooking for some fun family "workouts" that feel more like play? Check out these simple outdoor activities that will get everyone in your family off the couch and help you bond while burning some calories. ...Erin Dower
- Disease Prevention4 Key Steps to Keep Your Hubby HealthyLet's face it — between working long hours and being a seemingly invincible superdad, the man in your life could use some help staying healthy. Whether your husband seems like the picture of good health or the poster child for unhealthy habits,...Erin Dower
- Week 13 of PregnancyYou are 12 Weeks and 5 Days PregnantYou and your partner will be developing your own special relationship with your baby. ...
- Fact Monster - a safe online educational space for kids
Are you worried about your kids being online? Fact Monster is a KidSafe-certified site for your kids to get homework help, play games and watch educational videos. Check it out...and give Same Game a try yourself!
sponsored contentFamily Education
- Mom's Health and Fitness9 Must-Have Health Tests for WomenHey mom, we know you're busy taking care of your family, but when was the last time you took the time to take care of yourself? Find out what health tests are most important, so you and your doctor can make sure you stay in tip-top shape for a lo...Lindsay Hutton