In this activity, you can help your child sponge-paint a cloud effect on her bedroom walls.
- Acrylic wall paint
- Natural sponge
- Before you begin sponge painting, move all the furniture to the center of the room and cover it with an old sheet.
- Wash the walls with a rag and a bucket of warm water with one tablespoon bleach added.
- Put the paint in a shallow pan, then dip one side of the sponge in and wipe it against the side of the pan.
- Start sponging at one of the corners by dabbing the sponge on the wall five to six times in a row, touching the edge of the last sponge mark with each dab.
- Sponge painting is supposed to look cloud-like and uneven. Use your imagination and be creative.
- It looks nice when a dark color is sponged on first (let dry) then a lighter coat added on top.
- Why not sponge the ceiling blue like the sky or do a design on one wall only.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.