4 Quick and Easy One-Pot Meals Your Whole Family Will Love
One Pot Burrito Bowls
Instead of taco night, try out these easy one pot meals from I Heart Naptime.
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 15-ounce can black beans
- 15-ounce can corn
- 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 4-ounce can diced green chilies
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sour cream
- Cilantro, chopped
- Green Onions, chopped
- Tomatoes, diced
- Avocados, sliced
- In a sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium heat and saute the diced onions and peppers.
- Add in the ground beef and cook completely until browned.
- Add in the salsa, drained and rinsed black beans, corn, canned tomatoes, green chilies, rice, seasoning, and chili powder.
- Stir in the chicken broth and turn up the heat to medium high to bring the mixture to a gentle boil.
- Cover and turn the heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and top with sour cream, cilantro, diced fresh tomatoes, and avocados.
Aunt Bee's Dump and Go Beef Stew
Photo source: The Seasoned Mom
Serve this one pot beef stew from The Seasoned Mom on cold or rainy days.
Cooking time: 5 hours
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cubed
- 10-ounce bag frozen peas
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 2 onions, diced
- 8-ounce can sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 large russet potato, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large casserole dish, combine all the ingredients along with 1/2 cup water. Mix well.
- Cover the dish with a tight lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake for around 5 hours.
One Pot Dump and Bake Italian Chicken and Rice
Photo source: Coffee Cups and Crayons
For a savory dinner your children will ask for again and again, try this Italian chicken and rice dish by Coffee Cups and Crayons.
Cooking time: 50 minutes
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 15-ounce can Italian-seasoned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup long grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a 9-inch by 13-inch glass baking dish, combine marinara sauce, tomatoes, and rice. Mix well.
- Arrange the uncooked chicken on top of the rice mixture.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning over the chicken.
- Cover the glass dish with a tight lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then remove the lid and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top of the chicken with Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Top with fresh parsley.
10 Minute One-Pot Pasta
Photo source: Mess for Less
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 12-ounce box spaghetti pasta
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 5-6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- In a large sauce pan, combine the dried spaghetti with 3 and 1/2 cups of water.
- Stir in the sliced pepper, sliced onion, garlic, and seasoning. Mix well.
- Cook on high for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally with a long spoon.
- Pour marinara sauce over the pasta and serve.
Trying to find ideas for keeping your children busy while you make dinner? Test out these 10 simple ways to involve your kids in the kitchen.
Featured photo source: I Heart Naptime
Was this article helpful?