This writer is a part of the FamilyEducation editorial team. Our team is comprised of parents, experts, and content professionals dedicated to bringing you the most accurate and relevant information in the parenting space.
- Entertainment and Activities6 Homemade Playdough RecipesEveryone seems to have a favorite playdough recipe, and many old favorites have been included here. Some require cooking and some don't; some are meant to be eaten and some are not. Choose the recipe that best suits your needs and the ingredients...Trish Kuffner
- Family LifeI Am a Sober Mom and It Revitalized My Life: Four Steps to Creative RecoveryI was scrolling through social media the other day, and I landed on a meme that exclaimed: “Wine Wednesday! It’s like Taco Tuesday but for moms!” A cute image of a taco holding a wine glass winked at me from the glowing screen. More: I Dra...Dana Bowman
- Kids3 Warning Signs That Your Child May Need a TutorUnderstanding your child’s education and learning style has never been more important than in the year 2020. With so many adjustments from remote learning to in-person adaptations and changes, there are likely a lot of students getting lost in ...Alexia Mezzini
- Sleep DisturbancesDealing With "Coronasomnia": How to Improve Sleep During Turbulent TimesThe coronavirus has impacted our daily lives and the global economy. Many of us are juggling teaching our children from home and working from home. But if there’s one thing we can take control of, it’s our sleep. Proper sleep has become such ...Taylor Jones, Vice President of Marketing & eCommerce at Soft-Tex
- Galactic Hot Dogs Design Your Own Spaceship Printable Activity
Get the creative juices flowing with this Design Your Own Spaceship printable activity from the popular Galactic Hot Dogs book series. This activity is perfect for homeschooling, long car trips, or an afternoon of fun. ...
- Baby NamesThe Ultimate Guide to Famous NamesWill your child become the next A-list actor, Pulitzer prize winner, Olympic athlete, or world leader? Thanks to the How Famous is Your Name tool, there’s a way to find out. More: The Most Successful Baby Names Celebrity Names for Babies: How...FamilyEducation Staff
- HomeschoolingIntroducing The Prepared ParentYou probably never thought you would be a teacher (especially for your own kids), but that’s the reality for many of us right now. This unprecedented epidemic has turned all of our lives upside down, and for the first time ever you may find you...FamilyEducation Staff
- Social and Emotional DevelopmentThe Importance of Problem Solving and How to Teach it to KidsTeach your kids to be brilliant problem solvers so they can shine. We get so lost as parents with all the demands to do more for our children—get better grades, excel at extracurricular activities, have good relationships—that we may be over...Tami Green
- KidsHelping Children with Big Emotions“They go from 0 to 60 so fast!” “The behavior comes out of nowhere!” I hear these expressions every day at almost every school I enter by many adults I partner with. They want a quick fix and all the answers pronto. They want me to wave...Megg Thompson
- Strength-Based Parenting: Is It The Right Approach For Your Family?
Dr. Lea Waters is the Director of the Centre for Positive Psychology at the University of Melbourne, Australia and has been studying how to improve parent's interaction with their children for decades. Most recently she's identified a program kno...Dr. Dan Tomasulo
- KidsDeveloping Emotional Literacy in Kids and How to Foster It Over TimeWhat is the biggest challenge your family faces? Financial challenges? Getting time together? The distraction of social media? Quarreling? However, you answer that question, there is one root and one path to creating something different. Surpris...Dan Newby
- KidsHow to Help Picky Eaters Get the Nutrients They NeedWhether your kiddos are budding foodies or the stingiest pickers, they still need help getting the nutrients they need to help them grow, boost their immune system and promote overall wellness. However, getting kids used to eating the vegetables,...Mitzi Dulan
- KidsHow Pets Can Impact Kids' Mental HealthIt's an unfortunate fact of life that mental health problems in children are on the rise, but they are still very often overlooked. Many forget that children can develop depression, behavioral disorders, and psychiatric illness just like adult...Robert Woods
- Kids5 Ways Danielle Busby from TLC’s Outdaughtered Keeps Her Girls Learning All SummerA 2018 study revealed that moms want summer to end after just 13 days. When you are a parent of not one, not two, but SIX little girls including the only all-female quintuplets in the United States, it’s important to have a serious action plan ...FamilyEducation Staff
- Mom's Health and FitnessWhat Real ‘Mom Brain’ Looks LikeAfter becoming a mom, it can feel as though not much changes anymore. For your kids, sure. But for you? It often seems as though you’re trapped in the routine of changing diapers, picking up toys and crumbs and random socks left in the middle o...Kristine Galli Hankins
- Thanksgiving5 Thanksgiving Dinner Table Topics That Don't Involve Politics, Religion, Or Your ExWe all know we should stay away from controversial topics at the dinner table, especially during the holidays. (Many of us learned that lesson during the election.) But, somehow they always work their way into the conversation. There’s always o...Katie Galgano
- FoodHow to Freeze and Thaw Leftovers to Reduce WasteHave you ever been left with so many leftovers after a party or a big dinner that there's no way you'd ever be able to eat them all before they go bad? (Or before you got sick of eating the same thing over and over again?) You can greatly the ex...Jyl Steinbeck
- Alcohol During PregnancyCheers to Partnership: How I Gave Up Drinking While My Wife Was PregnantLifestyle Change For the past 15 years, I’ve focused on maintaining a healthy lifestyle that consists of eating nutritious food coupled with regular exercise. I rarely, if ever, consumed alcohol during that time. I always viewed it as empty ca...Steven Auger
- Family Life6 Ways to Make Your Pregnant Partner Feel SexyMy wife and I have two sons — a 3-year-old and an 8-month-old. I’ve always joked with her that she needed me twice during her pregnancy: in the very beginning and then to get us to the hospital when it was Go Time. You can't drop the ball w...Steven Auger
- Card GamesHow to Play Hearts: Rules and MoreHere are the rules to the card game of Hearts — a fun game to play on Valentine's Day, or any day! The Object of the Game Players don't want to end up with tricks containing hearts or the queen of spades, but they do want to end up with the j...Cindy Bond