36 Sweet Quotes for Daughters and Fathers to Celebrate Your Special Bond
Father’s Day is right around the corner. There’s no better way to celebrate the unique father and daughter relationship than with some inspirational quotes, from eloquent father-daughter quotes that could grace a father’s day card to straight up “dad quotes” for your one in a million dad.
If you love quotes for every occasion, you’re in the right place.
Quotes About Why a Dad is a Girl's First Hero
- “I am not ashamed to say that no man I ever met was my father's equal, and I never loved any other man as much.” — Actress and inventor, Hedy Lamarr on her love of her father, and a daughter’s first love.
- “My Daddy was my hero. He was always there for me when I needed him. He listened to me and taught me so many things. But most of all he was fun. – Bindi Irwin
- “Daddy, thanks for being my hero, chauffeur, financial support, listener, life mentor, friend, guardian and simply being there every time I need a hug.” — Agatha Stephanie Lin on what makes a good father.
- “Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes.” — Gloria Naylor
- "It was my father who taught me to value myself. He told me that I was uncommonly beautiful and that I was the most precious thing in his life." - Dawn French on how her father’s words affected the rest of her life
- “To her, the name of father was another name for love.” — Author, Fanny Fern
- “My father is one of the few men I've known who has genuine humility, and it lends him a natural dignity. He has absolutely no ego drive, and so he is one of the most beloved men in this part of the state.” — Harper Lee
- “I love my daddy. My daddy's everything. I hope I can find a man that will treat me as good as my dad.” — Lady Gaga on why her dad is the best dad.
- “When my father didn’t have my hand…he had my back.” — Linda Poindexter
- "There will always be a few people who have the courage to love what is untamed inside us. One of those men is my father." — Actress, Alison Lohman
- "A girl's first true love is her father." — Marisol Santiago
Quotes From Dads to Daughters That Show Their Love
- “A man's daughter is his heart. Just with feet, walking out in the world.” — Author, Mat Johnson on daughters’ role in daddy’s hearts
- “You fathers will understand. You have a little girl. She looks up to you. You’re her oracle. You’re her hero.” — Stanley T. Banks (film character).
- "Certain is it that there is no kind of affection so purely angelic as of a father to a daughter. In love to our wives there is desire; to our sons, ambition, but to our daughters there is something which there are no words to express." ― Author, Joseph Addison
- “To an old father, nothing is more sweet than a daughter.”— Playwright, Euripides
- “It is admirable for a man to take his son fishing, but there is a special place in heaven for the father who takes his daughter shopping.” — John Sinor
- “You’ve had me wrapped around your finger since the day you were born.” — Tim McGraw, “My Little Girl”
- “Becoming a father, I think it inevitably changes your perspective of life. I don't get nearly enough sleep. And the simplest things in life are completely satisfying. I find you don't have to do as much, like you don't go on as many outings.” — Hugh Jackman on some of the greatest things about being a father
- “I’m into being a dad, that’s where my focus is most of the time. I’m an actor that’s my job, but it’s not my life.” — Paul Walker
- “Of all the titles I've been privileged to have, 'Dad' has always been the best.” — Professional boxer, Ken Norton
- "No one in this world can love a girl more than her father." — Michael Ratnadeepak
Silly Quotes About Fathers and Daughters
- “My father always said, 'Never trust anyone whose TV is bigger than their book shelf' - so I make sure I read.” — Amelia Clark
- “Many a man wishes he were strong enough to tear a telephone book in half — especially if he has a teenage daughter.” — Guy Lombardo
- “Any astronomer can predict with absolute accuracy just where every star in the universe will be at 11: 30 tonight. He can make no such prediction about his teenage daughter.” – James T. Adams
Wise Words and Poetry About Being a Dad
1. “Dad, your wise words have broken
The gate into my heart
Your firm but fair criticisms
Are my weak soul’s art
The way you handle problems
That is what I truly admire
Your extraordinary sense of humour
Sets my life on fire
I love the way you are optimistic
Even when you are feeling weak
You inspire me with every action you make
And with every word you speak” — “My Daddy” by Marinela Reka on her amazing dad.
2. “Kindness done to one’s father will never be forgotten” — Ben Sirach (Ben Sira of Jerusalem)
3. One of the scary things is that, when you're a kid, you look at your dad as the man who has no fear. When you're an adult, you realize your father had fear, and that you have it, too.” — David Duchovny on a father’s protection and courage.
4. “I love my father as the stars—he's a bright shining example and a happy twinkling in my heart.” — Terri Guillemets
5. “A father’s tears and fears are unseen, his love is unexpressed, but his care and protection remains as a pillar of strength throughout our lives.” — Ama H. Vanniarachchy
6. “Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad”. – Anne Geddes
7. “My dad has given me the best gift anyone has ever given me. He gave me wings to fly.” — Actress, Adria Arjona on how a father’s encouragement can last for the rest of your life.
8. “There's something like a line of gold thread running through a man's words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself.” — John Gregory Brown
9. “Fathers, be good to your daughters. You are the God and the weight of her world.” – “Daughters” by John Mayer
10. “A daughter needs a dad to be the standard against which she will judge all men.” — Gregory E. Lang
11. "Being a father is the most important role I will ever play and if I don't do this well, no other thing I do really matters." — Attorney, Michael Josephson
12. “A father is a man who expects his children to be as good as he meant to be.” — Carolyn Coats
So there you are, some of the best daddy daughter quotes for your Dad. Happy Father’s Day!